U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:24 PM

23,053 posts, read 32,071,601 times

Advertisements

being not far removed from high school myself, if i was given this assignment i would say right out front "i wont do it b/c of my political grounds. I dont really care if u give me an f or not."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 07:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
So, the point she's making is that you CANNOT come legally because you'll be denied, THEREFORE, hey, break the law and come illegally!! ??

Great - teaching kids about breaking laws. Better she should teach them about struggling as a U.S. citizen, when illegals depress our wages or take our benefits and close down our hospitals. Sheesh......how stupid - she should be fired.

My father was a principal - he would have fired her ass. And, probably been sued.
And I would have been first in line with a check for his legal defense fund.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:55 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,226,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Agreed! How about the damn teacher actually teaching something that the child needs to survive the world in this country? How about making sure the kids can read, write, and do so math and science? How about stop worrying about the illegal criminals and start worrying about the children that belong here, not anchor children either, and making sure that they actually get an education instead of teaching this liberal multiculturism and how to hate their own country?
Hey, that would make too much sense!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:43 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,971,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
And I would have been first in line with a check for his legal defense fund.
Thank you. In his day, this crap would not have been tolerated whatsoever.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:51 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,175,106 times
This is ridiculous. Automatically putting a DENIED on each application? If I'd been in that class... I would've said some things that would've made a sailor blush.

It really bugs me that many teachers use their classrooms to push their ideals.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,971,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
This is ridiculous. Automatically putting a DENIED on each application? If I'd been in that class... I would've said some things that would've made a sailor blush.

It really bugs me that many teachers use their classrooms to push their ideals.
I thought they had to teach a certain curriculum - this must be part of it, and it must be approved by the State Board of Ed. I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:16 AM

2,370 posts, read 6,867,141 times
Quote:
I thought they had to teach a certain curriculum - this must be part of it, and it must be approved by the State Board of Ed. I wouldn't be surprised.
In some schools these days it doesn't matter what they teach, just that the students know the answers to the standardized tests.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This one you have to read!
The next lesson ought to be roleplaying about someone wanting to withdraw a lot of money from the bank, only they don't have an account. That way the kids will understand why someone commits armed robbery.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:25 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:

Maybe it's a good thing kids don't pay much attention in schools today. What a load of garbage -- encourage kids to believe that breaking whatever law they find inconvenient is right?

Old 12-21-2007, 03:45 AM

1,252 posts, read 729,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...encourage kids to believe that breaking whatever law they find inconvenient is right?
That's the example those kids see when GW Bush breaks whatever law he finds inconvenient.

Is it any wonder that kids get a sense that the law means very little?

Just look at the examples set for them, from the office of the president, on down.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or