U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
Reputation: 559

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
"The whole population" doesn't line their pockets; special interest groups do. If ever faced with a "why" question, the answer is always "just follow the money."
Oh, our tax money isn't enough? You mean they want MORE from me? Geez, let's see if I can come up with something, after paying my high tax bill that pays for schools, medical care, and welfare for illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Nothing I've heard from McCain recently has struck me as logical.
Very valid points, Buildings.

Considering all of McCain's recent "flip flops and lies" . . . I am beginning to doubt all of his "claims"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
One of the reasons John McCain supports amnesty for undocumented immigrants is he thinks Hispanics are wonderful people. He recently stood at the Vietnam Wall and said I support earned legalization for the undocumented because some of the best fighters in the Vietnam War were Hispanic. Do you see the logic in John McCain's statement?
The Mexican army is not in Iraq -- so what the hell is he talking about?

Is he trying to say illegals sneaking in from Mexico are the same thing as American citizens of "hispanic" ancestry whatever that is? Or did he find one or two people in the military that were committing felony document fraud and identity theft to join the military?

There already is a way for would-be immigrants to attain USA citizenship faster by joining the military -- but that has NOTHING to do with those breaking the laws of this country to take jobs here illegally or get on welfare handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2007, 09:44 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
One of the reasons John McCain supports amnesty for undocumented immigrants is he thinks Hispanics are wonderful people. He recently stood at the Vietnam Wall and said I support earned legalization for the undocumented because some of the best fighters in the Vietnam War were Hispanic. Do you see the logic in John McCain's statement?
Do you have a link for what he said? I don't want to take his words out of context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2007, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,248 posts, read 20,593,561 times
Reputation: 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
McCain is just trying to find a politically correct way to justify his support of illegal aliens. McCain is in-between a rock and a hard place. Arizona has a huge Hispanic and illegal populations and he needs to be somewhat pro-illegal just to survive politically.

But the problem is, with his pro-illegal position it's very hard for him to win the republican nomination. So by having photo ops at the wall, and making statements like this pro-illegal alien one, he hopes to pull in more of the moderate republican vote.

This is just one more example of a politician simply doing and saying what he has to for his own political expediency.
McCain WILL win the GOP nomination. The others have all peaked early and they all have serious problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2007, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
McCain WILL win the GOP nomination. The others have all peaked early and they all have serious problems.
I am not so sure about that.

This upcoming series of primaries does promise to be wild and woolly though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2007, 04:27 PM
 
3,297 posts, read 5,509,223 times
Reputation: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
One of the reasons John McCain supports amnesty for undocumented immigrants is he thinks Hispanics are wonderful people. He recently stood at the Vietnam Wall and said I support earned legalization for the undocumented because some of the best fighters in the Vietnam War were Hispanic. Do you see the logic in John McCain's statement?
I agree with Senator John McCain that some of the best legal American citizens are Hispanic. The key word here is LEGAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2007, 08:25 PM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
Reputation: 350
How can you be an illegal American citizen?

And please keep in mind that today in December 2007 there are over 40,000 illegals serving in the US military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2007, 12:43 AM
 
1,252 posts, read 726,112 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I agree with Senator John McCain that some of the best legal American citizens are Hispanic. The key word here is LEGAL.
Legal may be a key word, capn...

There's a little something that's probably more key to any further discussion of what McCain may or may not have said.

So far, there's no evidence at all that McCain said anything even close to what is being attributed to him.

And what has been attributed to him is not what you say you agree with.

According to questioner 2, McCain didn't mention your 'key' word.

As blacknight asked, where's the evidence to confirm what he's supposed to have said or not to have said.

I find no mention of the phrase, ....except on this forum, as claimed by questioner 2.

....(and he might be working for the Mike Gravel camp spreading rumors about Gravel's closest challenger)

.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2007, 08:45 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
How can you be an illegal American citizen?

And please keep in mind that today in December 2007 there are over 40,000 illegals serving in the US military.
So you have a source for that? And that the military isn't verifying social security numbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top