U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:06 AM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,454,058 times
Reputation: 4156

Advertisements

make excellent posts trying to explain why we need to put a stop to this illegal border surge on this forum - Anyone planning on going to this Overpass. We were called racist, which is a terrible thing to call someone. I'm so sorry someone on there was so rude to you. He attacked me from the beginning about grammar, which told me all I needed to know about him. I copied & pasted it. It wasn't even my grammar. I wanted to apologize to you three because I have never read anything that hateful by anyone on here.

 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:20 AM
 
11,571 posts, read 5,541,332 times
Reputation: 9901
Jess5---No need to apologize. I have that guy on ignore and suggest that others do so, too.

Screaming "racist" is what invasion cheerleaders do best. They think that by pulling the race card, it will shut up those who don't agree with them. What they don't realize is that pulling the race card doesn't work anymore. Plus, I find it amusing that they think there is a race called "illegal alien".

And thank you for backing me up! It's appreciated!
 
Old 07-19-2014, 07:42 AM
 
Location: East Coast
673 posts, read 553,352 times
Reputation: 642
Jess, I echo Bos...no need to apologize...you did a brave thing, and asserted your Constitutional rights. DvD or whatever the heck his name is, lives up to his ilk and their stereotype...mindless and attacking rampages, with no cogent point or logical progressin.

How typical...instead of rationally and calmly discussing the issue, he attacked minutia and grammar, as well as us. Typical!!!!
Unfortunately, he demonstrates just why it's pointless to try to "reach" radical left loonies. They are "rabid" in their hate-filled emotional rants, but can't carry on a decent, mutually-respectful conversation or debate. Nor will they listen, or even try to compromise.

I'm putting people like him on "ignore". Don't take it personally, OK?

I'm just sorry I couldn't be of more help to you both. Been "fizzled out" for obvious reasons.

BTW, I researched quite a bit of the "think tanks" out there, and most (with the exception of around 3) are either conservative or liberal. I tried to post the most centrist article on the cost of illegals on the "march" thread, from the Center on Immigration. They concur with the Heritage Foundation, and also have an article denouncing the myth of illegal alien "cheap labor".
Anyway, I'll scour the papers and news about the protests. I couldn't go, because of handling mom's affairs. However, let's keep our eyes open for the next ones!!!
See you in cyberspace... Dandi
 
Old 07-19-2014, 08:40 AM
 
31,787 posts, read 14,647,757 times
Reputation: 8475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Jess, I echo Bos...no need to apologize...you did a brave thing, and asserted your Constitutional rights. DvD or whatever the heck his name is, lives up to his ilk and their stereotype...mindless and attacking rampages, with no cogent point or logical progressin.

How typical...instead of rationally and calmly discussing the issue, he attacked minutia and grammar, as well as us. Typical!!!!
Unfortunately, he demonstrates just why it's pointless to try to "reach" radical left loonies. They are "rabid" in their hate-filled emotional rants, but can't carry on a decent, mutually-respectful conversation or debate. Nor will they listen, or even try to compromise.

I'm putting people like him on "ignore". Don't take it personally, OK?

I'm just sorry I couldn't be of more help to you both. Been "fizzled out" for obvious reasons.

BTW, I researched quite a bit of the "think tanks" out there, and most (with the exception of around 3) are either conservative or liberal. I tried to post the most centrist article on the cost of illegals on the "march" thread, from the Center on Immigration. They concur with the Heritage Foundation, and also have an article denouncing the myth of illegal alien "cheap labor".
Anyway, I'll scour the papers and news about the protests. I couldn't go, because of handling mom's affairs. However, let's keep our eyes open for the next ones!!!
See you in cyberspace... Dandi
You should see my ignore list. Must be hundreds. If you try to banter with them you just might get yourself in trouble. It's not worth it and they won't listen to reason anyway.
 
Old 07-19-2014, 01:19 PM
 
11,571 posts, read 5,541,332 times
Reputation: 9901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You should see my ignore list. Must be hundreds. If you try to banter with them you just might get yourself in trouble. It's not worth it and they won't listen to reason anyway.
Quite correct, Oldglory! That's why I've put certain posters on "ignore".

Dandi---No apologies are necessary. You write thoughtful, well researched posts. Yet the pro-illegals either refuse to read them or if they do, they claim it's all lies I don't understand why they want to be willfully ignorant.

When I ask them if they've ever seen flophouses filled with illegals in their neighborhoods and have had illegals destroy their local schools, they never answer---even when I press them. Of course they don't answer, because the answer is "no" and I was right to call them out on this
 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:08 PM
 
Location: East Coast
673 posts, read 553,352 times
Reputation: 642
Default What will EVER get through the hard-headed radical left loons????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You should see my ignore list. Must be hundreds. If you try to banter with them you just might get yourself in trouble. It's not worth it and they won't listen to reason anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Quite correct, Oldglory! That's why I've put certain posters on "ignore".

Dandi---No apologies are necessary. You write thoughtful, well researched posts. Yet the pro-illegals either refuse to read them or if they do, they claim it's all lies I don't understand why they want to be willfully ignorant.

When I ask them if they've ever seen flophouses filled with illegals in their neighborhoods and have had illegals destroy their local schools, they never answer---even when I press them. Of course they don't answer, because the answer is "no" and I was right to call them out on this

Great advice from you both! Yes, I'm finding that the "ignore feature" is quite helpful....I'd LOVE to have a conversation, but not be personally attacked, called a "racist" (when they don't even know me).

Thanks, Bos - I did try to post factual and data-filled references that I thought could stand on merit, alone. But then, people like d**** just kept on glossing over it by saying it's by a conservative group, etc. So what! I've also posted other articles by think-tanks who are slanted left!!!

It's obvious he didn't read of my first-hand experiences in dealing with illegals. Illegals who not only USED our country's resources and systems for food, housing, and a plethora of other services and aid, but who also criminally used AND abused them!!! Perhaps if more of us posted our own experiences and observations in dealing with illegals, the "word" can get out there. Such as, we should prompt people who have been the victims of crimes from these illegals. SOMETHING has to get through the rock-hard knuckle-headed radical left loonies!!! Other facts won't get through...maybe a bunch of first-hand experiences will!
Thanks, DD
 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,847 posts, read 41,585,530 times
Reputation: 14060
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I don't understand why they want to be willfully ignorant.
Because, chances are, they are paid by outside groups to promote a specific agenda on various message boards. Which is why 'ignore' is the best place for them. There is no reasoning with a paid operative.
 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 PM
 
11,571 posts, read 5,541,332 times
Reputation: 9901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Because, chances are, they are paid by outside groups to promote a specific agenda on various message boards. Which is why 'ignore' is the best place for them. There is no reasoning with a paid operative.
Good point, Ariadne! I've often suspected that is the case.
 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:48 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times
Reputation: 5895
1 thing I've seen is many of the pro illegal alien posters get in trouble real fast and get banned. Tho I'd just as soon hit "report" on a person who says they're anti illegal alien but are a storm front kind of racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top