U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 AM

836 posts, read 1,130,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
BS on "speculation".

I've posted GOVERNMENT charts on various threads from DHS, ICE and HHS.

Grants for asylum have increased from 28% in 2007 to 74% in 2013.
The data was obtained from USCIS.
People are being shows charts from 2009 forward. Sure Obama had that big "surge" of deportations.
But find charts prior to 2009 and there's actually an increase and that 2009 surge is but a blip.

You're being fooled by your own government.

Judiciary Obtains Data Showing Majority of Central Americans
My speculation was on the cause of the surge and why Mexico is courting it, not the actual numbers.

Chill out on the barbs, not-so-happy-texan. I'm familiar with Goodlatte and he doesn't interact with USCIS directly. You know... the agency which initially reviews the asylum claim? His trip to the border is nothing if he's not involved with the people who are actually reviewing the asylum hearings before it gets to an immigration judge.

I'm just saying, you might want to look at the representatives in your own state before you put all your eggs in the basket of someone from Virginia with a 2% Hispanic population in his own district. You might want to shoot Goodlatte an e-mail and ask him about the last time he attended any type of meeting with USCIS officials or attended an asylum hearing for one of his voluminous former Soviet Block constituents. It's amazing how many of his constituents' second marriage only lasted three years before they went back to their first spouse for the rest of their lives. You can ask him about those statistics too.

Ah, but that would require he have some sort of interaction with the agency tasked with interpreting the laws he proposes and making a decision on their application that he finds appropriate. We couldn't have that, now could we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 11:48 AM

62,737 posts, read 27,906,773 times
Quote:
The numbers started increasing in 2011 (Border patrol charts/DHS charts/HHS charts) and I have posted those charts in various threads.
Let's see them. The last figures we have are:
Quote:
FY 2012 U.S. Admissions

We anticipate admitting close to 2,500 refugees from Latin America and the Caribbean during FY 2012. Cubans comprise the overwhelming majority of refugees resettled from the region. Historically, most Cuban admissions were former political prisoners and forced labor conscripts. The program was expanded in 1991 to include human rights activists, displaced professionals, and others with claims of persecution, which currently comprise the majority of admissions. We expect roughly 100 Colombian refugees to be admitted to the United States during FY 2012.

FY 2013 U.S. Resettlement Program

The proposed 5,000 ceiling for Latin America and the Caribbean for FY 2013 comprises Cuban refugees eligible for the in-country Priority 2 program; a small number of UNHCR-referred Priority 1 Colombians; as well as a small number of Priority 3 family reunification cases.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/198157.pdf

But now we have tens of thousands immediately granted asylum:

Quote:
As a citizen, go try to enroll your kid in school with ZERO paperwork proving age, vaccination status or residency.

But as an illegal, the DOJ made an exception and schools have to take their word.
Exactly. Why are U.S. citizens NOT taken at their word, but illegals are?

Old 07-19-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
They've always been granted some form of relief ever since the US has meddled in Central and South American affairs.
Not true. At all. If it were true, the numbers in the cited document would be drastically different:

Old 07-19-2014, 11:57 AM

365 posts, read 707,682 times
snopes.com: DREAM Act

Can you say DREAM ACT????????

Old 07-19-2014, 12:12 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,023,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Let's see them. The last figures we have are: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/198157.pdf

But now we have tens of thousands immediately granted asylum:

Exactly. Why are U.S. citizens NOT taken at their word, but illegals are?

You realize you posted a "proposed FY2013" document ?

And that document isn't even dated.

Here..be my guest and try to even find a report.

I did find one generated about Syrian refugees granted asylum in 2014 but that was a single report generated by USCIS.

I wonder why an annual report is not produced.
Even Mexico has publicly said their applications for asylum from these countries have risen over 700% since 2009.

Reports and Studies | USCIS

Here's the Syria one.
In 2007 30 applied with 32% approval rate
In 2014 782 applied with an 82% approval rate.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...Engagement.pdf

Old 07-19-2014, 01:31 PM

9,313 posts, read 5,813,875 times
pro illegal site has some interesting info, tactics and so on

https://www.supportkind.org/en/about...seeking-asylum

Old 07-19-2014, 02:08 PM

1,017 posts, read 557,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
pro illegal site has some interesting info, tactics and so on

https://www.supportkind.org/en/about...seeking-asylum
Very interesting. Why am I not surprised Angela Jolie and Microsoft are closely connected? With Angie's, Brad's and Microsoft's money, why don't they spend it on education or even supporting these minors in THEIR OWN countries?

California has one-fifth of the total foster children population in the United States. KIND's resources would go a long way to helping ease our own foster children's needs right here at home.

Why do these pro-illegal alien organizations consider our own citizen children as not deserving of help? If one sides with U.S. citizens, we are considered heartless and racist.

Most importantly, these children did not give birth to themselves. Where are their parents (or in most cases, their mothers)? I can't think of anything more horrendous than sending one's minor children to face certain danger and abuse and possibly death at the hands of the coyotes and other similar dirtbags. Where is that "motherly bond"? Why aren't the mothers/parents called out for this despicable behavior? Why do we have to jump in and "save" the world? And why do they bring so many children into the world if living is unspeakably horrible in their own countries???

Grrrrr...

Old 07-19-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Very interesting. Why am I not surprised Angela Jolie and Microsoft are closely connected? With Angie's, Brad's and Microsoft's money, why don't they spend it on education or even supporting these minors in THEIR OWN countries?

California has one-fifth of the total foster children population in the United States. KIND's resources would go a long way to helping ease our own foster children's needs right here at home.

Why do these pro-illegal alien organizations consider our own citizen children as not deserving of help? If one sides with U.S. citizens, we are considered heartless and racist.

Most importantly, these children did not give birth to themselves. Where are their parents (or in most cases, their mothers)? I can't think of anything more horrendous than sending one's minor children to face certain danger and abuse and possibly death at the hands of the coyotes and other similar dirtbags. Where is that "motherly bond"? Why aren't the mothers/parents called out for this despicable behavior? Why do we have to jump in and "save" the world? And why do they bring so many children into the world if living is unspeakably horrible in their own countries???

Grrrrr...
Because whatever way of life you know is America.

In other countries kids aren't kids for very long.
They are sent into the fields to work, they are sent off to the army, they are married off, they run off to the cities and join gangs, etc.
This is their way of life.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
According to the linked materials below there was basically no approved refugees from Central American Countries in FY 2013.

I find this interesting when Democrats keep saying that the kids and their parents who are coming from Central America should be considered refugees instead of illegal immigrants. Things have not really changed in Central America, they were bad in 2013 and they are bad now. (But of course economic and safety conditions are bad in half the countries in the world.)

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/repo...refugees-fy-13
Well tell me where central America is even listed in the State Dept statistics.
Here's the July 2014 report. No central American countries are listed at all whatsoever.

FY13 Refugee Admissions Statistics

Old 07-20-2014, 03:33 AM

Quote:
You realize you posted a "proposed FY2013" document ?
Yes. And it clearly shows that the U.S. was NOT planning on granting asylum to tens of thousands from Latin America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or