U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 12:10 AM

9,427 posts, read 5,522,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Agreed. Recent polls have shown this over and over again. A large majority of Americans (libs included) are finally realizing the absurdity and cost of having an open border, as well as allowing illegals to overburden ALL of our systems!

Who is being unreasonable and ridiculous here??? I've been posting and watching these discussions for over 5 weeks now...as well as posting quite a few verifiable and logical research, economics, polls, and data on the actual means-tested and other cost burdens perpetrated by illegals. You are, like most libs, making sweeping generalizations that rise to the absurd (your last sentence).

The simple fact is that we don't want "illegals" and criminals crossing our border. That is NOT unreasonable! Don't break our laws. Why didn't your Grandmother do it LEGALLY, like mine and the other posters' had done??? I don't care WHAT she and her offspring did. It was criminal, and they "jumped" the line. What if EVERYONE in Central America and Mexico did this??? Our infrastructure and educational systems are failing right now...we couldn't handle it!!!! THAT'S why we cannot allow this to continue! Facts are facts, and criminals are criminals. Abide by our laws, or get the h*ll out!!! That's not racist, nor unreasonable.
For ANY viable country to continue to grow and sustain itself, it must abide by the rule of law. Simple fact. What about that don't you understand???

Someone posted the immigration laws about Switzerland and other countries with strict immigration policies... add to them, Austrailia (to a point), and the UAE (regardless of their religion and being Arabs...that's another topic entirely...).

Are ALL of the European countries and Australia wrong, hateful, stupid, and racist as well??? Hmmmm...I'd submit to you that they are just a bit more logical and practical than America has been. We've bent over backwards trying to help the world, to our ultimate disadvantage and possible downfall. Not to mention cost. The Heritage Foundation and Center for Immigration studies, along with other think-tanks and economists have shown that MOST illegals get their lion's share of our generosity via welfare, aid of all kind like WIC, foodstamps, lunch programs, housing vouchers, education with translators, free health care, and the list goes on and on and on. Most other countries don't offer that generosity. We've got to stop, as it's destroying us..

You're absolutely wrong, and again, are spouting liberal slogans, labeling, and emotional ranting with untruths. Exactly which statements are "cold and cruel"? I haven't seen you logically back up any of your assertions, nor posted research or data proving such a ridiculous statement.

So far, I have seen people post info about our laws (which your and the OP's families have broken, not to mention "jumped the line" in reference to avoiding the Legal immigration route like our g'parents did).
Again, you've made assumptions...I've lived in Europe for 10 years. I've actually LIVED under their rules and conditions. Learned the languages (not easy to do so in a couple of months), but I did, and figured it was the least I could do to respect their cultures, as well as be a good representative of America whilst being a guest in their country.

What's your point about this, anyway? How does that change our attitudes to wanting to protect America, our own country, and prevent criminals from entering? Do you know that one of the most recent PEW studies have shown that 90% of the so-called "kids" coming here are actually "teens" who are already gang or cartel members, or are actually men??? Read it for yourself:
Pew Research Report: Nearly 90% of Illegal Immigrant 'Children' Are Teenagers

from: Pew Research Report: Nearly 90% of Illegal Immigrant 'Children' Are Teenagers

the following should chill anyone to the bone...including you, if you have a logical head on your shoulders:
"Texas state Senator Dan Patrick said law enforcement officers have said somewhere between one in five and one in 10 illegal immigrants are actually apprehended, which means there could be nearly 300,000 illegal immigrants who have snuck into the country undetected since October of last year. Patrick also noted that Texas has 100,000 illegal immigrant gang members and there are more illegal immigrants entering the state each week than people who are born in Texas during the same time period." (bold is my emphasis).

I take offense to your last, sweeping, unsubstantiated, irrational, judgmental, and unsupported ridiculous statement. It has no business being in this discussion, and actually detracts from any cogent point you're trying to make.

I DO feel sorry for these people. But, tell me...WHY should this be our problem to fix here in America??? WHY should we take in the entire threatened population of Guatemala or any other CA Country?

For that matter, if we HAD to bring anyone here to escape violence, rape, maiming, death, and starvation, I'd start with the multi-countried African babies and children who are suffering MORE because of tribal and religious wars. They are the TRUE refugees!!!!

Then, I'd go to the Middle Eastern countries...and rescue the sack-clothed women and children who have been bombed out of their homes, and whose female children are being stolen by Boko Harem as sex slaves. These women and children are physically harmed, raped, bombed out of their homes, are running for their lives, and are subject to the extremes of gender apartheid. By international and American law, THEY are the ones who need our help. As the Africans are, these are the TRUE refugees as well!

Also, they are NOT "male teens", gang members, or cartel members!!!

You have absolutely NO cogent argument to add to this discourse!!! Let the neighboring Latin America countries of South America help these people out. NOT the U.S.!!!

I LOVE these next few posts. I, too, was once a liberal Democrat...spouting the "party line", even though I was young, grossly uninformed, and just hung on to the talking points thrust down my throat by liberal professors and the media. Since then, I've EDUCATED myself...worked my way through medical school (no handouts there, folks. Did it on my own through summer work and saving, a job throughout school, and very expensive loans. Yep...took me 15 years to pay it all back.) To hear of the push of current universities giving "full rides" to the poor, and illegals makes my blood boil!!! If I, as a poor AND handicapped individual (muscular dystrophy...it was NOT easy for me!) did it, certainly most other able-bodied young people, both legal or illegal, can do so without using MY TAX DOLLARS, or the high tuition I paid for my own kids!!!!!

Anyway, as I experienced life in America and from other countries, learned more about history, politics, and economics, and EDUCATED myself on politic points, counterpoints, and platforms, I matured, "grew up" and became more conservative...I'm an independent...voted Democratic early on, and now, because of all of the information I've acquired, vote mostly Republican. (Caveat...I don't care for them much, either! I'd LOVE a viable 3rd party, or revamp the entire screwed up lot of polys that we have in there right now...on BOTH sides!!!)

I agree...see above.

Yes, unfortunately. And ditto for above.

Right there with ya, BOS...Ditto....see above.

Amen, Gunlover!!!!!!!

Great Summary, Ariadne22!!! We're already heading in that direction, and MUST stop it now.

So, the points are:

CLOSE the borders immediately!
SEND those "kids" (gangs, cartels) back to their countries...let them poison their own...not us!
DEPORT the criminals and illegals already here.
LEARN a LESSON from the countries who have strict immigration policies!!!

THIS IS IN NO WAY CRUEL, COLD, OR HATEFUL....AMERICA MUST REGROUP, REPAIR, AND GROW BEFORE WE CAN HELP ANYONE ELSE. ALSO, WE CAN'T HELP THEM HERE...IT MUST BE THROUGH HELPING THEIR COUNTRIES LEARN TO DEAL WITH THEIR OWN SITUATIONS!!!! PERIOD!!!!

Dandiday
Dont post on here, RUN FOR OFFICE!

Old 07-27-2014, 12:15 AM

3,936 posts, read 5,448,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Dont post on here, RUN FOR OFFICE!
I second that gunlover!

Old 07-27-2014, 09:00 AM

673 posts, read 552,131 times
Thumbs up maybe vice prez....

Oh boy...I had my first belly laugh in weeks!!!

I wish I could, but my handicap tires me out to much...Trying to get my hubby to think about politics and eventually running....he's much sharper than I am.

He'd make a GREAT POTUS!

Ironically, we may be moving to a town near a "name" in the fall...may join the campaign.

Or, go clandestine in another's.....

Thank you!!!!!

---------Dandiday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or