U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:00 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times

Advertisements

My view is that this is a manufactured crisis.

Government charts show that they anticipated a surge, planned for a surge and budgeted for a surge.
HHS budget went from 300+ million to 800+ million specifically for "unaccompanied refugee minors".

They logged 290,000 catch and release illegals since last October.
Border Patrol charts show high annual increases since 2009.
HHS charts show high annual increases since 2009.

The "crisis" started when DHS/HHS decided that the illegals needed to be detained rather than released.
And that just started this past June.

What makes this so different from the past ?
Well Obama is pro immigration and has been since he started campaigning.
Obama is anti-deportation. He EO'd changes to our immigration laws and allowed states to do what they wanted regarding illegals that could stay and work for 2 years. And when those 2 years were up Obama extended it for another 2 years.

And by then Obama will be gone.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:31 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
My view is that this is a manufactured crisis.

Government charts show that they anticipated a surge, planned for a surge and budgeted for a surge.
HHS budget went from 300+ million to 800+ million specifically for "unaccompanied refugee minors".

They logged 290,000 catch and release illegals since last October.
Border Patrol charts show high annual increases since 2009.
HHS charts show high annual increases since 2009.

The "crisis" started when DHS/HHS decided that the illegals needed to be detained rather than released.
And that just started this past June.

What makes this so different from the past ?
Well Obama is pro immigration and has been since he started campaigning.
Obama is anti-deportation. He EO'd changes to our immigration laws and allowed states to do what they wanted regarding illegals that could stay and work for 2 years. And when those 2 years were up Obama extended it for another 2 years.

And by then Obama will be gone.
Obama may be pro-"immigration" but aren't we all? Advocating for illegal aliens isn't being pro-immigration.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:52 PM

20,798 posts, read 41,440,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
I do believe that people should have the right to come into this country ...if they are willing to work hard, pursue an education, and put effort into their jobs, again we all know that this country is made up of immigrants.
For the most part, for the past few hundred years, this country has been made up of LEGAL immigrants - or was. The word "Legal" clearly absent in all your writings.

Hey, I would love to move to Canada. Guess what??? I don't have the job skills. They would NEVER allow me to stay permanently, much less become a citizen.

How about Norway. I love winter and cold. Guess what??? Norway only admits people with certain job skills. Again, I don't qualify.

How about Switzerland??? Ooops...... can't get admitted there, either, on a permanent visa or as a citizen - because, GUESS WHAT?? I don't have the job skills or ENOUGH MONEY.

And, the list goes on.

Tell us, again, WHY the US is required, in your opinion, to admit anyone who wants to come here?

Tell us, again, WHY it is in our best interests, to destroy this country from within by allowing uneducated, impoverished, unskilled, welfare-leeching illegals?

Legal, illegal, job skills, no job skills, sponsor, no sponsor - according to you all of this is irrelevant.

How about YOU, personally, feed, clothe and shelter all those who have this "right."

For now, all you've told us is that for you and yours and millions of illegals like you, the world is clearly YOURS from which you will steal whatever you can when and wherever you can - legally or illegally - doesn't matter - it's just what "works."

Welcome to the New - lawless - America.

Quote:
Now when I say we should allow people into the country, I am not proposing an open-door policy like some people want, mass immigration will and can damage a country's economy (especially if the economy isn't stable)
Then, WHAT, exactly are you proposing???

How is entering this country illegally - which your mother did - and apparently produced anchor babies (stupid US - again, no other country allows this) - anything BUT an Open Door Policy.

You just got done saying "people should have the right to come into this country."

You talk from both sides of your mouth.

Quote:
and if all immigrants become citizens at once
Really??? Citizens at once?????? Whatever happened to LEGAL immigration, sponsor, and waiting your turn???

The word LEGAL is clearly absent in everything you write.

Quote:
, of course the poverty rate will rise, and so will the amount of those whom are uneducated, so I am not supporting the side that claims all immigrants should be allowed to become citizens (at once, or at a rapid rate),
It has nothing to do with becoming a citizen and everything to do with entering the US by quota - legally.

Of course, that doesn't suit you and your family and those who DO NOT AND DID NOT ABIDE BY THE LAW - of which you and your family are a part - and are WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to GET THEIRS.

Breaking the law is clearly standard operating procedure for them and YOU.

Quote:
but I neither support those who believe stopping immigration completely is a resolution, because again this country is made of up of immigrants, and blocking off immigration completely is also unhealthy for an economy
Where is legal immigration and work visas in your scenario?

Once again, entitlement - steal whatever you can by whatever means you can. The laws are NOT to be obeyed.

Thanks for disenfranchising those who are still waiting.

Quote:
I am a Hispanic Conservative,
Really???? Kidding, right??

Your views are ANTITHETICAL to every CONSERVATIVE view on this issue.

So, tell us again - how you are a CONSERVATIVE?????

I am NOT a conservative on most social issues, but I will tell you I am extremely CONSERVATIVE on this issue of illegal immigration/invasions - and becoming more so by the day.

Your post has further cemented that view.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:40 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
For the most part, for the past few hundred years, this country has been made up of LEGAL immigrants - or was. The word "Legal" clearly absent in all your writings.

Hey, I would love to move to Canada. Guess what??? I don't have the job skills. They would NEVER allow me to stay permanently, much less become a citizen.

How about Norway. I love winter and cold. Guess what??? Norway only admits people with certain job skills. Again, I don't qualify.

How about Switzerland??? Ooops...... can't get admitted there, either, on a permanent visa or as a citizen - because, GUESS WHAT?? I don't have the job skills or ENOUGH MONEY.

And, the list goes on.

Tell us, again, WHY the US is required, in your opinion, to admit anyone who wants to come here?

Tell us, again, WHY it is in our best interests, to destroy this country from within by allowing uneducated, impoverished, unskilled, welfare-leeching illegals?

Legal, illegal, job skills, no job skills, sponsor, no sponsor - according to you all of this is irrelevant.

How about YOU, personally, feed, clothe and shelter all those who have this "right."

For now, all you've told us is that for you and yours and millions of illegals like you, the world is clearly YOURS from which you will steal whatever you can when and wherever you can - legally or illegally - doesn't matter - it's just what "works."

Welcome to the New - lawless - America.

Then, WHAT, exactly are you proposing???

How is entering this country illegally - which your mother did - and apparently produced anchor babies (stupid US - again, no other country allows this) - anything BUT an Open Door Policy.

You just got done saying "people should have the right to come into this country."

You talk from both sides of your mouth.

Really??? Citizens at once?????? Whatever happened to LEGAL immigration, sponsor, and waiting your turn???

The word LEGAL is clearly absent in everything you write.

It has nothing to do with becoming a citizen and everything to do with entering the US by quota - legally.

Of course, that doesn't suit you and your family and those who DO NOT AND DID NOT ABIDE BY THE LAW - of which you and your family are a part - and are WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to GET THEIRS.

Breaking the law is clearly standard operating procedure for them and YOU.

Where is legal immigration and work visas in your scenario?

Once again, entitlement - steal whatever you can by whatever means you can. The laws are NOT to be obeyed.

Thanks for disenfranchising those who are still waiting.

Really???? Kidding, right??

Your views are ANTITHETICAL to every CONSERVATIVE view on this issue.

So, tell us again - how you are a CONSERVATIVE?????

I am NOT a conservative on most social issues, but I will tell you I am extremely CONSERVATIVE on this issue of illegal immigration/invasions - and becoming more so by the day.

Your post has further cemented that view.
You ain't alone. More and more "liberals" are agreeing with what the Tea Party says about illegal aliens.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:45 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,905,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I am also Hispanic, and my grandparents came from Cuba and Spain. They became American citizens, and my grandfather fought in WWII in the US Navy.

I see nothing wrong with being an immigrant, as long as immigrants do the right and legal thing, and become an American citizen. Otherwise, I'm against you being here, taking education and jobs away from my fellow Americans. I don't care how hard you work or how smart you are, if you're not a citizen, you are stealing from those of who are. That's my opinion.
I seriously doubt that you can come from Guatemala legally. The quota is probably very small.

I was wrong.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2276351

Old 07-25-2014, 08:57 AM

Great article about what goes on in Guatemala and the how they got there. Not a rosy picture at all.

Sixty-three percent of the population lives in extreme poverty. In this mostly rural, agrarian country, two percent of the population owns over 64 percent of the arable land. Peasants survive by farming sub-subsistence land or by doing seasonal migratory work on coastal coffee, sugar, and cotton plantations. Among Central American nations, Guatemala has the highest infant and child mortality rates, the lowest life expectancy, and most malnourished population, with rampant severe hunger.

Read more: Guatemalan Americans - History, Immigration to the united states, Settlement patterns

Old 07-25-2014, 09:01 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Well I don't believe anyone owes me or any other individual anything, whenever my family moved into the U.S. they did not really receive assistance from anyone, they came with the little money they had, bought their own food, and they did not even go to the doctor for any injuries, if you had an injury, you would find a way to cure yourself (and in Central America there is tons of natural remedies which my family still uses up until this day)

So... why do you think that I believe you owe me something?

...btw unless you are Native American, you are also from an immigrant family (not to be rude, but some people deny the fact that they would not be here without immigration, like I said once, Native Americans would be the only ones that can claim they are not immigrants)
It's no use explaining your history Texan1010, the folks in this forum don't care to reason with you.

My Mexican mother also came here illegally, and paid for everything in cash that she made from being a Nanny, she has never made a single claim. Also, when she married my father they started a produce market and now have a running business for over 30 years (house paid off). They produced 4 kids: 2 Engineers (myself included), an accountant and 1 great mother in the US as citizens.

It's doesn't matter. The people here are hardliners who would kill children on the border for putting a toe over the line.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:11 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It's no use explaining your history Texan1010, the folks in this forum don't care to reason with you.

My Mexican mother also came here illegally, and paid for everything in cash that she made from being a Nanny, she has never made a single claim. Also, when she married my father they started a produce market and now have a running business for over 30 years (house paid off). They produced 4 kids: 2 Engineers (myself included), an accountant and 1 great mother in the US as citizens.

It's doesn't matter. The people here are hardliners who would kill children on the border for putting a toe over the line.
Doesn't matter in regards to our immigration laws how successful an illegal alien becomes. It's still against the law to come here illegally and rightly so. Most illegal aliens do not have a success story to tell unless you include stealing an American job and resources to be successful. Success should not be based on deceit. How does an illegal alien become successful without getting paid under the table (tax evasion) or using a stolen or fake ID (a felony) to work and do other business in this country?

Please don't stereotype all of us anti-illegals in here. Most of us wouldn't kill children and haven't stated as much. The majority of these so-called children crossing our border of late aren't children anyway. Most of us aren't vigilantes either that would take the law into their own hands.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Doesn't matter in regards to our immigration laws how successful an illegal alien becomes. It's still against the law to come here illegally and rightly so. How does an illegal alien become successful without getting paid under the table (tax evasion) or using a stolen or fake ID (a felony) to work and do other business in this country?

Please don't stereotype all of us anti-illegals in here. Most of us wouldn't kill children and haven't stated as much. The majority of these so-called children crossing our border of late aren't children anyway. Most of us aren't vigilantes either that would take the law into their own hands.
Well my mother is legal as of the 1986 Amnesty, so it worked out.

Doubt you would even recognize her as legal though despite the law, due to the hatred. Am I legal? I was born here in 1972 with a SSN... am I legal to you?

Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

I agree with you. Some very cold and cruel attitudes around this forum. I suspicion that most of them have never been out of the USA and see life in another country. I don't count Cruises as a trip to another country either. Or those destination weddings in Jamaica either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or