U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 04:36 PM

9,427 posts, read 5,523,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGoldEagle View Post
With the current economic conditions in this country, it would be in the U.S.A.'s best interest to buy them all plane tickets and send them home. No country can survive with an open border.
Only $10,000,000 to fly them home as opposed to the Billions it will take to support them..Its a no brainier send them back.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:42 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Hey Mach50 you posted some months ago after a long absence from this forum you were now against illegal immigration. You also said you intended to write a book on illegal immigration. Have things changed now.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:46 PM

5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
Gee, if I had criminals for parents I sure wouldn't brag about it and get all huffy and defensive when people make disparaging remarks about their parents sneaking into the country illegally. All these anchor babies have a sense of entitlement that their family had every right to break the law and come here uninvited.

Of course, as soon as Americans begin to defend our laws and expect immigrants to come here legally instead of sneaking in, we are accused of being haters or racist.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:48 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
To claim that only Republicans hire illegals is ludicrous. Only 3% of illegals are picking veggies and fruit the rest are doing jobs that Americans have always been willing to do. Even for crop picking there are unlimited visas for legal workers. It's odd to me that the defenders of illegal aliens chastise those who hire and exploit them for profit but yet if illegals didn't offer their cheap labor they wouldn't be exploited and make the rich (supposedly Republicans) richer. There is a bit of hypocricy here.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Hey Mach50 you posted some months ago after a long absence from this forum you were now against illegal immigration. You also said you intended to write a book on illegal immigration. Have things changed now.

I never said I was for or against illegal immigration today. I just don't like the belligerent responses to the op sharing their own point of view.

The tone of this forum has sucked for years. I could count the rational people on 1 hand in the last 7 years.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Just more anti-immigrant ranting by a gunlover who claims no hatred, then slams the rest of the world on the top of his soapbox.

If everything is so set in stone backed by fact, statistics and "mountains" of data, then why the need for a forum? You obviously don't plan to discuss any opposing view. Why don't you just move along? Collect your militia and do something about it?
I don't believe that gunlover is anti-"immigration". He is anti-illegal immigration. The same holds true for me. I am ok with legal immigration in controlled numbers and is diversified. We cannot take in millions of poor, uneducated and unskilled. How is that hatred?

Yes, there are a lot of viable sources denoting how illegal immigration harms our country and its citizens but we aren't supposed to have a forum about it? How so? The need for the forum is to enlighten those who are uninformed and to share ideas and solutions. I listen to the other side but they have yet to come up with a good reason not to enforce our immigration laws. Militia?

Old 07-25-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Why does our side "need" a forum? Answer us that?

We do discuss opposing views, and the opposition just wants to name call, and wants to persevere a failing system that harms this nation based on political and ethnocentric reasons..

Notice how you did not even debate or even acknowledge the statements above..

Pal there is a saying "A fool is quick to anger, a damn fool is quick to violence"..Pal if you want violence I really dont think you understand how badly one side will be beaten how much crap this storm will rain down....
That's just it. The defenders of illegal aliens want us to listen to their side of the story but they refuse to listen to our side that is based on facts and our laws. I am sorry but I can't be swayed by emotional based arguments where compassion is expected from us for illegal aliens and yet they apparently have no compassion for our own citizens who are suffering from all of this.

They make statements that illegal aliens aren't taking jobs that Americans are willing to do and not reducing wages. They refuse to acknowledge that they commit felony ID theft to work and reside in this country. They refuse to acknowledge how they are depleting our welfare coffers through fraud and by giving birth on our soil. They refuse to acknowledge the crowding our schools, jails and hospitals and the added crime that they bring. Bring me a valid argument to not enforce our immigration and to grant millions amnesty after acknowledging the truth of all of the above. Take emotion out of it and use some common sense.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:03 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
It's no use explaining your history Texan1010, the folks in this forum don't care to reason with you.

My Mexican mother also came here illegally, and paid for everything in cash that she made from being a Nanny, she has never made a single claim. Also, when she married my father they started a produce market and now have a running business for over 30 years (house paid off). They produced 4 kids: 2 Engineers (myself included), an accountant and 1 great mother in the US as citizens.

It's doesn't matter. The people here are hardliners who would kill children on the border for putting a toe over the line.
Like I said in another thread: what's wrong with LatAm helping their own kind? It's like LatAm is Satan's place against Hispanics and the US where la raza says is racist against "brown" people is Eden. ANY person coming from LatAm by land HAS to go through Mexico 1st and Mexico is "Hispanic".

Old 07-25-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Just more anti-immigrant ranting by a gunlover who claims no hatred, then slams the rest of the world on the top of his soapbox.

If everything is so set in stone backed by fact, statistics and "mountains" of data, then why the need for a forum? You obviously don't plan to discuss any opposing view. Why don't you just move along? Collect your militia and do something about it?
Uh; most of us are Ok with legal aliens; it's the ILLEGAL kind we don't want around. Even many hard case liberals are "Tea Party" class where amnesty is being talked about for those nasty people.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Aren't most coming to join their parents? Wouldn't that be a self correcting problem?

Wait I thought they weren't kids?
If the parents are here illegally, arrest and deport them too. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or