Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 04:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

"There may be some narrow circumstances in which there is humanitarian or refugee status that a family might be eligible for. If that's the case it would be better for them to apply in country rather than take a very dangerous journey all the way up to Texas to make those same claims," Obama said.

Obama, Central American leaders talk border crisis - CNN.com

Good work, Mr. President! That's just what we need!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 05:57 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
"There may be some narrow circumstances in which there is humanitarian or refugee status that a family might be eligible for. If that's the case it would be better for them to apply in country rather than take a very dangerous journey all the way up to Texas to make those same claims," Obama said.

Obama, Central American leaders talk border crisis - CNN.com

He lost me a long time ago. Yeah, time for a change, President Obama. Can't believe we have over two more years left with this joker. And yeah, I WAS a Democrat but am now a "refuse to state." I have always voted my own mind anyway, be it Demo or Repub, but now I am dropping out of the voter pool. This is beyond ridiculous.

How about the starving children in Africa, and all the others in the world who are worse off? And we get blamed for the border fiasco by the very countries perpetuating the mess. Now we are supposed to bail out South American countries and Mexico and their corrupt governments. No more words.

If being against supporting law breakers makes me the bad guy, so be it. I can't wait to say "I told you so" when the US joins the ranks of Third World Countries. It will be sooner than later, I guarantee.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:48 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
------------------------
^From reading some of your other posts, sadly, I realize that you are not being sarcastic with that statement.

Why are you cheerleading for this?

Old 07-27-2014, 11:03 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
That's easy, he'll just do what he did with Americans... just promise free Obama phones, free food, they won't have to worry about their mortgage or paying for gas.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:13 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
He lost me a long time ago. Yeah, time for a change, President Obama. Can't believe we have over two more years left with this joker. And yeah, I WAS a Democrat but am now a "refuse to state." I have always voted my own mind anyway, be it Demo or Repub, but now I am dropping out of the voter pool. This is beyond ridiculous.

How about the starving children in Africa, and all the others in the world who are worse off? And we get blamed for the border fiasco by the very countries perpetuating the mess. Now we are supposed to bail out South American countries and Mexico and their corrupt governments. No more words.

If being against supporting law breakers makes me the bad guy, so be it. I can't wait to say "I told you so" when the US joins the ranks of Third World Countries. It will be sooner than later, I guarantee.

What about starving American babies and children. There are a lot of them,. who do not know where the next meal is coming from.

Those in homeless shelters who do not want to be there.

We have our fair share of poor right here at home. I do not see any other Country offering help of any kind to our poor and homeless.

We cannot be blamed for conditions around this world, we are not to blame. We are to blame, for making people think that they can come to America and get a free ride.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:53 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What about starving American babies and children. There are a lot of them,. who do not know where the next meal is coming from.

Those in homeless shelters who do not want to be there.

We have our fair share of poor right here at home. I do not see any other Country offering help of any kind to our poor and homeless.

We cannot be blamed for conditions around this world, we are not to blame. We are to blame, for making people think that they can come to America and get a free ride.
Perfectly stated! I agree 100% about our own citizens and only mentioned countries outside the U.S. because some of our population feels the homeless, disabled, foster kids, elders, etc. and etc. are much better off than these illegals who swarm our borders (and move right in).

Has any other country come to our aid in times of need? After 9/11, I recall Mexico's Presidente stating he would send in his troops, if Mexico had any! Nope, the U.S. is expected to provide foreign aid to most countries while ignoring its own needy. The U.S. reminds me of those people who put on a great show, but are broke and over-extended in private. We don't keep up with the Joneses, we ARE the Jones. There is nothing there when the smoke-and-mirrors are removed.

If it wasn't for the many non-profits who contribute to our needy (and those of the world, I might add), the U.S. would be even worse off. I volunteer to serve meals at homeless shelters in S.F., and every one of those folks is more deserving of help than anyone at our borders, the majority of whom get through to be supported by the taxpayers.

How about the IRS include on its tax forms a designation of where we want our tax dollars spent? I bet most of the pro-illegal hand-wringers would not want THEIR taxes going toward illegal aliens.

God help us.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:19 PM

15 posts, read 30,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That's easy, he'll just do what he did with Americans... just promise free Obama phones, free food, they won't have to worry about their mortgage or paying for gas.
The Chamber of Commerce loves illegal immigration and immigration reform.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce vs. America | National Review Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration