Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:49 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, a rosary is a Catholic symbol. How does religion fit into a violent mindset?
Symbols mean what people want them to mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 04:52 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Please feel free to house as many as you want. They need a home. Send them your money - they have none.

It is not Americans fault that kids are being sent here. It is the government's fault for allowing them to cross the border. If they were refused, they would stop coming.

I have NO problem with taking in impoverished children, and I DO support them with my money. I refuse to use government welfare to help them, but I don't think government welfare should be used to pay for lazy Americans either. I welcome them crossing the border because I believe in REAL liberty, not the lip-service you neo-cons like to give to liberty.

If this country was truly free, the borders would be open and we would be prosperous. The problem is too much government, not too many immigrants.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I have NO problem with taking in impoverished children, and I DO support them with my money. I refuse to use government welfare to help them, but I don't think government welfare should be used to pay for lazy Americans either. I welcome them crossing the border because I believe in REAL liberty, not the lip-service you neo-cons like to give to liberty.

If this country was truly free, the borders would be open and we would be prosperous. The problem is too much government, not too many immigrants.
Don't worry, it doesn't. Only 39% of welfare recipients are American citizens.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't worry, it doesn't. Only 39% of welfare recipients are American citizens.
So about half of it goes to lazy Americans by your statistics... which means I AM paying for lazy Americans.

I also noticed you didn't quote a source....

Old 07-21-2014, 05:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
So about half of it goes to lazy Americans by your statistics... which means I AM paying for lazy Americans.

39% is not half..50% is half. 39% is closer to 1/3.

39% goes to citizens and 61% goes to immigrants.

http://cis.org/immigrant-welfare-use-2011

Old 07-21-2014, 05:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:

NO country has true open borders. Even the Schengen ones are only open to their members so places like Haiti, Argentina, Russia and so on are off limits. Too; please accuse the Swedes of being "closed border"; that place ain't exactly "neo con" and it takes a hard line on immigration. Sheesh!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
I am glad I don't base my views off of intellectually dishonest memes.... it seems to make people look really stupid.

The kids who are ACTUALLY showing up at the border.....

Oh, HOW gangsta....

U.S. Citizens don't do the SAME EXACT THING.... oh wait....
Nice propaganda photos.
Yes we have too many home grown criminals. Why import more?
The actual children are to be pitied. My charity goes to Americans first. Sorry but we have our own problems. Why didn't Obama request 3.8 billion to help our own homeless, our own children in need? We can't afford to try and save the world, nor should we try.
Send them all back to where they came from.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:

But But the democrats said that those on welfare deserve it and that it wrong to look down on them. Now you say they are lazy and don't deserve the help. Why do illegals who are all criminals deserve help but not poor Americans?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
39% is not half..50% is half. 39% is closer to 1/3.

39% goes to citizens and 61% goes to immigrants.

Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children | Center for Immigration Studies
Oh my god, semantics. And if we are being honest, 40% is pretty much evenly split between a third (33) and a half (50), it is off by seven on one side and off by ten on the other... 3 points of difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
NO country has true open borders. Even the Schengen ones are only open to their members so places like Haiti, Argentina, Russia and so on are off limits. Too; please accuse the Swedes of being "closed border"; that place ain't exactly "neo con" and it takes a hard line on immigration. Sheesh!

I didn't say you have to be neo-con to be for closed borders in Sweden.

It is funny that you think we can't aim for more freedom because the rest of the world doesn't work that way... that is a good argument against liberty completely. We should always be moving more towards human freedom whether or not the rest of the world follows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Nice propaganda photos.
Yes we have too many home grown criminals. Why import more?
The actual children are to be pitied. My charity goes to Americans first. Sorry but we have our own problems. Why didn't Obama request 3.8 billion to help our own homeless, our own children in need? We can't afford to try and save the world, nor should we try.
Send them all back to where they came from.
PROPAGANDA PHOTOS!?! LOL!!!!

The op had propaganda... I POSTED ACTUAL PICTURES OF THE ACTUAL KIDS THAT ARE SHOWING UP... not pictures of tatted up gangstas from who knows where....

I pulled the pictures from articles about the kids showing up, they ARE pictures of the poor kids that are showing up.

Charity is fine, and you can give it to whoever. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE MONEY TAKEN FROM THEM TO GIVE TO OTHER PEOPLE REGARDLESS OF THE REASON OR WHERE THEY ARE FROM! THIS IS THEFT.

The problem is welfare in the first place, not the recipients. It is a system based on taking my money against my will. I give charity to those that I think truly need it and deserve it, on my own volition... that is charity. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is NOT charity it is theft, and it is EXACTLY the same amount of wrong as robbing Peter to pay Pablo.

Immigrants should be COMPLETELY free to come here and make a better life for themselves, but nobody should be forced to pay for them... or ANYONE ELSE. (American or not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But But the democrats said that those on welfare deserve it and that it wrong to look down on them. Now you say they are lazy and don't deserve the help. Why do illegals who are all criminals deserve help but not poor Americans?
Nobody deserves stolen money, period. They may "deserve" help, but the honest way of doing it is private charity, not state-sponsored theft.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Oh my god, semantics. And if we are being honest, 40% is pretty much evenly split between a third (33) and a half (50), it is off by seven on one side and off by ten on the other... 3 points of difference.

I didn't say you have to be neo-con to be for closed borders in Sweden.

It is funny that you think we can't aim for more freedom because the rest of the world doesn't work that way... that is a good argument against liberty completely. We should always be moving more towards human freedom whether or not the rest of the world follows.

PROPAGANDA PHOTOS!?! LOL!!!!

The op had propaganda... I POSTED ACTUAL PICTURES OF THE ACTUAL KIDS THAT ARE SHOWING UP... not pictures of tatted up gangstas from who knows where....

I pulled the pictures from articles about the kids showing up, they ARE pictures of the poor kids that are showing up.

Charity is fine, and you can give it to whoever. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE MONEY TAKEN FROM THEM TO GIVE TO OTHER PEOPLE REGARDLESS OF THE REASON OR WHERE THEY ARE FROM! THIS IS THEFT.

The problem is welfare in the first place, not the recipients. It is a system based on taking my money against my will. I give charity to those that I think truly need it and deserve it, on my own volition... that is charity. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is NOT charity it is theft, and it is EXACTLY the same amount of wrong as robbing Peter to pay Pablo.

Immigrants should be COMPLETELY free to come here and make a better life for themselves, but nobody should be forced to pay for them... or ANYONE ELSE. (American or not)

Nobody deserves stolen money, period. They may "deserve" help, but the honest way of doing it is private charity, not state-sponsored theft.
Fine then send these kids back to the nation of origin. If the parents come forward boot them out also. We owe these kids compassion and nothing else. It sucks to be them, but we have our own problems.
Propaganda photos. Yes who took the photos and released them? Why are sitting US Senators denied access to these kids but Pelosi can waltz in as she pleases? What is this Admin trying to hide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration