U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 11:07 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Good people disobey bad laws.

Assuming makes an ass out of you. Crossing an imaginary line is a peaceful act with no violence upon others, robbery and sexual assault are not peaceful acts.

I can assume that you would return runaway slaves to their owners had you lived under the fugitive slave act? It would be illegal not too.

Economists with verifiable education of very high degrees disagree with this claim...

Except you are willing to go to jail to FIGHT AGAINST freedom..... You disgust me, you would laugh at violence being used upon a peaceful person...

I wouldn't laugh at any misfortune befalling a peaceful person, if you used violence against peaceful humans I would hope you would be met with violent resistance. (self-defense)
If you don't resist arrest; there wouldn't be violence; smarting off to the cops ain't real smart.

Tho if dealing with invaders, there WILL be problems for them. I def would NOT go to Canada or Mexico against their rules. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, and we don't need more foreigners coming here competing for jobs and lowering wages due to a flood of excess workers. All it would do is reduce us to a third world country all grasping for what little resources and jobs there would be not to mention the overcrowded conditions in our neighborhoods, schools, jails and hospitals. Killing the goose that laid the golden egg is what some seem to desire. We would be committing national suicide with open borders. Funny, I don't see these same people advocating for open borders for any other country other than ours. Hmm.
Agreed. Tho some people WOULD make out like fat rats from slave labor which illegal alien labor pretty much is.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:13 PM

1,017 posts, read 558,506 times
Who's talking violence? Only violence I have known about are from M13, Mexican gangs, and the drug cartels.

We do not have the resources (water, especially in California), money, social welfare, enough prisons, land, housing, law enforcement, hospitals, schools, and especially jobs. California ranks 47th in education. Biggest reason is the influx of illiterate illegals and anchor babies.

Then there are the immigration laws, which every country has in place.

We definitely have different definitions of "freedom."

And, yeah, I am a registered Democrat, but this huge problem has absolutely nothing to do with political parties; there is enough blame to go around. Thus is America's problem and both parties have abdicated their responsibilities.
IMHO, Obama failed miserably in most aspects of his presidency, especially the handling of illegal aliens (interesting the immigration laws refer to "aliens" and not "undocumented blah, blah, blah").

Old 07-21-2014, 11:18 PM

3,863 posts, read 3,173,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hispanic roots..very religious. They wear it for "protection".
It didn't protect them from being stupid!

LOL !!!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:23 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If you don't resist arrest; there wouldn't be violence; smarting off to the cops ain't real smart.

Tho if dealing with invaders, there WILL be problems for them. I def would NOT go to Canada or Mexico against their rules. Sheesh!

It is better to live one day as a lion, than one thousand as a sheep. You advocate people being boot-licking sheep and submitting to violence. Baaaaaaah.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:16 AM

3,936 posts, read 5,458,432 times
Quote:
I have NO problem with taking in impoverished children, and I DO support them with my money. I refuse to use government welfare to help them, but I don't think government welfare should be used to pay for lazy Americans either. I welcome them crossing the border because I believe in REAL liberty, not the lip-service you neo-cons like to give to liberty.

If this country was truly free, the borders would be open and we would be prosperous. The problem is too much government, not too many immigrants.
We support them with our money too, whether we want to or not! And because we have American gang members, it's ok to bring more from other countries? That makes a lot of sense, you got me there. I bet I have more Hispanic friends than you do. Those silly, but legal neo-con Hispanic friends of mine are disgusted by all of these illegals and our government. I'm usually the one telling them to "calm down."

Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
If that is your position, fine, just don't pretend you believe in freedom. (I also completely disagree with you. It should be no harder for them to enter than the people who entered at Ellis Island... where the only requirement was showing up.)

You don't owe them ANYTHING, not even compassion. It is still wrong to use force upon them for peacefully crossing a made up line on a map.

Speak for yourself, I am not a collectivist, I am not included in "we".

Uh, reputable news organizations did.

Who cares?
Sure I believe in freedom Our freedom as a nation to determine who we feel is good enough to enter our country.
Lines on the map. The world body disagrees with you, and so do I.

Ellis Island. The needs of the nation has changed since then. The world has changed. Do you really want to regress to that time?

We. That works for me.

Reputable new organizations? Odd but a sitting US Senator isn't allowed to take photos of the children to protect their privacy and yet (reputable news organizations) can? No that couldn't be staged photos.:roll eyes:

Who cares? Obviously not you. It doesn't fit your agenda to question the bias of the Obama admin, or the dishonesty involved with them. You're not alone, your reusable news orgs seem to disregard the obvious lies as well.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
It is better to live one day as a lion, than one thousand as a sheep. You advocate people being boot-licking sheep and submitting to violence. Baaaaaaah.
Xander: I say people have the RIGHT to defend their homes. If you wanna let illegal aliens into your home, deal with it. I WON'T let them into mine and if that means fighting, I do have the right to defend my home by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. Better to judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 AM

673 posts, read 554,205 times
Default I don't wan't these "kids" near me! Send them back!!!

Quote:
If that is your position, fine, just don't pretend you believe in freedom. (I also completely disagree with you. It should be no harder for them to enter than the people who entered at Ellis Island... where the only requirement was showing up.)

You don't owe them ANYTHING, not even compassion. It is still wrong to use force upon them for peacefully crossing a made up line on a map.

Speak for yourself, I am not a collectivist, I am not included in "we".

Uh, reputable news organizations did.

Who cares?

Just so that you are aware, the immigrants in the great wave of the late 1800's and early 1900's didn't just "show up". They were sent back to their country of origin if they were ill, too old, and from what my g'parents told me, if they didn't have a sponsor or address to go to (family members, friend, etc.).
There also was absolutely no help in the form of handouts, food stamps, welfare, housing, translators, etc.

The mindset of these people were to contribute and build America...become part of the culture.
The current and recent "wave" of so-called immigrants (illegals by any other name), are coming here to be taken care of...to receive aid, help, monies. I've seen it over 10 years with my own eyes, based on my work at a certain agency in Texas. Many even bragged about it, while they tossed their well-coiffed hair with their fake acrylic nails.

Any decent and forward- moving viable country and culture NEEDS boundaries and the rule of law. We can't and shouldn't indiscriminately let ANYONE in - as per your statement.

What we need is to shore-up our legal immigration rules to be more exclusive, and only let those in who have viable means of support, a healthy bank account, and a minimum level of higher education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It makes no sense though if these are Hispanic gang bangers. How can they claim to be Christians and wear Christian symbols (which is what the Catholic religion is based on) while doing what they do? Do they actually think that God would want to protect "them"?
Same thing with the Italians. Every Italian I rode with(I lived in Italy for 3 years) had a cross with Jesus hanging from their rearview mirror, and a statue of the Virgin Mary on the dash. They'd cross themselves, pat VM on the head, as they ran the stop signs and blasted their horns. In other words...protection as they broke the law.
We lived near one of the pursers of the local mob...same thing. They'd rely on these icons and pray before doing their nasty deeds.
Certainly, it's a twisted use of religion to ask for protection while doing criminal and evil things, but that's how these gang guys think.
---Dandiday

Old 07-22-2014, 09:29 AM

4,707 posts, read 3,352,974 times
Quote:
Good people disobey bad laws.

Assuming makes an ass out of you. Crossing an imaginary line is a peaceful act with no violence upon others, robbery and sexual assault are not peaceful acts.

I can assume that you would return runaway slaves to their owners had you lived under the fugitive slave act? It would be illegal not too.

Economists with verifiable education of very high degrees disagree with this claim...

Except you are willing to go to jail to FIGHT AGAINST freedom..... You disgust me, you would laugh at violence being used upon a peaceful person...

I wouldn't laugh at any misfortune befalling a peaceful person, if you used violence against peaceful humans I would hope you would be met with violent resistance. (self-defense)

You don't have the latitude to determine "good law" vs. "bad law". Laws are laws, and until/if they get changed, they ARE the law.

I don't agree that the speed limit on a certain 4-lane road in my town should be 35mph, but it is. It's a heavily policed road, so should I choose to drive 45mph, I will certainly be written up if the police are present.

Borders are "imaginary" lines. They are legal lines, lines that our country has the right to enforce. There are LEGAL ways to gain citizenship. If you choose to break the laws of this country, you've waived your rights. You ARE a criminal at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or