Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:02 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,485,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Fine then send these kids back to the nation of origin. If the parents come forward boot them out also.
If that is your position, fine, just don't pretend you believe in freedom. (I also completely disagree with you. It should be no harder for them to enter than the people who entered at Ellis Island... where the only requirement was showing up.)

Quote:
We owe these kids compassion and nothing else.
You don't owe them ANYTHING, not even compassion. It is still wrong to use force upon them for peacefully crossing a made up line on a map.

Quote:
It sucks to be them, but we have our own problems.
Speak for yourself, I am not a collectivist, I am not included in "we".

Quote:
Propaganda photos. Yes who took the photos and released them?
Uh, reputable news organizations did.

Quote:
[Why are sitting US Senators denied access to these kids but Pelosi can waltz in as she pleases? What is this Admin trying to hide?
Who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 08:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
If that is your position, fine, just don't pretend you believe in freedom. (I also completely disagree with you. It should be no harder for them to enter than the people who entered at Ellis Island... where the only requirement was showing up.)

You don't owe them ANYTHING, not even compassion. It is still wrong to use force upon them for peacefully crossing a made up line on a map.

Speak for yourself, I am not a collectivist, I am not included in "we".

Uh, reputable news organizations did.

Who cares?
How about YOU take care of those illegal alien "kids" at YOUR house using YOUR money? I won't do it and I'll ran them out IF they try that with me in my house.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
How about YOU take care of those illegal alien "kids" at YOUR house using YOUR money? I won't do it and I'll ran them out IF they try that with me in my house.
Are they trying to enter your yard? No.

I support them with MY money, and I DO NOT advocate them receiving ANY public benefits. I am fine with them coming here, working, and bettering their lives.

I am not asking you to contribute anything, I am just saying it is disgusting to advocate using violence on peaceful people.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:34 PM

62,491 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hispanic roots..very religious. They wear it for "protection".
It makes no sense though if these are Hispanic gang bangers. How can they claim to be Christians and wear Christian symbols (which is what the Catholic religion is based on) while doing what they do? Do they actually think that God would want to protect "them"?

Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It makes no sense though if these are Hispanic gang bangers. How can they claim to be Christians and wear Christian symbols (which is what the Catholic religion is based on) while doing what they do? Do they actually think that God would want to protect "them"?
Same applies to American gang bangers of any race.....

Old 07-21-2014, 09:50 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,763,127 times
Quote:
I have NO problem with taking in impoverished children, and I DO support them with my money. I refuse to use government welfare to help them, but I don't think government welfare should be used to pay for lazy Americans either. I welcome them crossing the border because I believe in REAL liberty, not the lip-service you neo-cons like to give to liberty.

If this country was truly free, the borders would be open and we would be prosperous. The problem is too much government, not too many immigrants.
So......just so I understand: You have no issues with these illegal immigrants breaking the immigration laws of the US.

I'm assuming that you'd be okay with it if one of them robbed you, or sexually assaulted you, right? After all, both of those acts are against the law, too.

Open borders would NOT make this country prosperous.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,830,864 times
Quote:
Are they trying to enter your yard? No.

I support them with MY money, and I DO NOT advocate them receiving ANY public benefits. I am fine with them coming here, working, and bettering their lives.

I am not asking you to contribute anything, I am just saying it is disgusting to advocate using violence on peaceful people.
I'd laugh when you get arrested for helping out ILLEGAL aliens. IF it'd help any; I'd be willing to go to jail to stand up AGAINST illegal aliens and their fans. Kinda like Ms Parks and Dr King did going against Bull Connor, Leander Perez and and their kind during the Civil Rights time.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
So......just so I understand: You have no issues with these illegal immigrants breaking the immigration laws of the US.
Good people disobey bad laws.

Quote:
I'm assuming that you'd be okay with it if one of them robbed you, or sexually assaulted you, right? After all, both of those acts are against the law, too.
Assuming makes an ass out of you. Crossing an imaginary line is a peaceful act with no violence upon others, robbery and sexual assault are not peaceful acts.

I can assume that you would return runaway slaves to their owners had you lived under the fugitive slave act? It would be illegal not too.

Quote:
Economists with verifiable education of very high degrees disagree with this claim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd laugh when you get arrested for helping out ILLEGAL aliens. IF it'd help any; I'd be willing to go to jail to stand up AGAINST illegal aliens and their fans. Kinda like Ms Parks and Dr King did going against Bull Connor, Leander Perez and and their kind during the Civil Rights time.
Except you are willing to go to jail to FIGHT AGAINST freedom..... You disgust me, you would laugh at violence being used upon a peaceful person...

I wouldn't laugh at any misfortune befalling a peaceful person, if you used violence against peaceful humans I would hope you would be met with violent resistance. (self-defense)

Old 07-21-2014, 10:11 PM

62,491 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Exactly, and we don't need more foreigners coming here competing for jobs and lowering wages due to a flood of excess workers. All it would do is reduce us to a third world country all grasping for what little resources and jobs there would be not to mention the overcrowded conditions in our neighborhoods, schools, jails and hospitals. Killing the goose that laid the golden egg is what some seem to desire. We would be committing national suicide with open borders. Funny, I don't see these same people advocating for open borders for any other country other than ours. Hmm.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, and we don't need more foreigners coming here competing for jobs and lowering wages due to a flood of excess workers. All it would do is reduce us to a third world country all grasping for what little resources and jobs there would be not to mention the overcrowded conditions in our neighborhoods, schools, jails and hospitals. Killing the goose that laid the golden egg is what some seem to desire. We would be committing national suicide with open borders. Funny, I don't see these same people advocating for open borders for any other country other than ours. Hmm.
Oh look, a lack of knowledge in economics based on simple fallacies commonly made by first year econ students...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDK9Ic2qx3I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration