Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 09:41 PM

183 posts, read 192,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I guess we are one successful Atlantic crossing from Africa and we'll be taking in all of their kids too - they seem to need it more. o
Don't forget about Asia and the Middle East. I am certain there are a billion or so poor down and out people there that would like a better way of life and education for their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 12:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,886,793 times
I am speechless. How can anyone think it's a good idea to bring in millions of uneducated people that will be a drain on welfare and refugees get automatic welfare (and most take it). When does it stop?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:20 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,489 times
Did Obama redefine the word "refugee"?

Where is the fear of religious or political persecution in these countries? They are claiming they are escaping poverty. In the US there are thousands upon thousands living in poverty and are homeless. They are claiming fear of gang violence. There are many gangs in the US that people fear, especially in California. How about taking care of Americans that live in poverty, are homeless and fear gang violence? Why is Obama bringing in more poverty and future gang members? None of them will end up homeless, Obama will see to it that they all have shelter and food.

Why isn't Obama and those three countries having a sit down with the Mexican president seeing as how Mexico is the pathway to the US border and clearly Mexico is allowing it - aiding and abetting. Put sanctions on Mexico until there is a wall from one end of the border to the other, hire more border patrol agents and put agents on boats near the Rio Grande.

Why doesn't Obama acknowledge Mexico's culpability in illegals getting into the US?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:36 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,369,862 times
It was my understanding that Mexico was going to be in on this discussion also. Their leaders have flat out said that they don't have the resources for their own citizens. They have said not to send them back because they simply can't handle them on utilities alone! That's why they provide brochures telling their citizens how to cross the border & how to get their welfare, etc........ once they get here. Once you get welfare, you are able to get free cell phones, but most of them want snazzier ones, and they can afford that since so many live in one house.

Their leaders should be teaching birth control so they would quit having so many kids. I know, they are Catholic, but didn't they change their stance on birth control? If not, they should. I know plenty of Catholics who don't have that many kids because they use birth control.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:20 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,964,809 times
Yep. Just read it is an estimated 6 million by the end of the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am speechless. How can anyone think it's a good idea to bring in millions of uneducated people that will be a drain on welfare and refugees get automatic welfare (and most take it). When does it stop?

Old 07-25-2014, 05:09 AM

6,812 posts, read 6,938,393 times
How can anyone in their right mind think this is a good idea? I am livid that our administration is so heavily swayed by all these pro immigration advocacy groups, yet the concerns of the average American citizen are ignored. I used to think claims of Obama's destruction of America were an exaggeration, but I'm agreeing more and more with each of this administrations actions re: immigration.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:12 AM

40,948 posts, read 49,138,121 times
Is anyone here going to defend this action ?

Can we go round up a few hundred more illiterate people for your small town and local school ?

Old 07-25-2014, 06:21 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,405,208 times
Lord even the NY Times commentators are outraged. Also I just heard Guitterez on Morning Joe he was so happy. He bragged he was meeting with the DHS head in an hour to craft options for Obama to save millions from deportation. I think he put the number at 5 million that "can be saved".

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
I just read that NYC is going to have 10K by the end of the summer and they feel it's their moral duty to take them in.
They are scrambling to find spots in the public schools for them. They have 3K now and are expecting another 7K.

Illegals Comprise 10% of 'Several' NY High Schools as State Braces for Thousands More

Old 07-25-2014, 06:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
I guess Obama doesn't need that $3.7 billion now to speed up deportations does he ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration