Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:01 AM

62,859 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
How can anyone in their right mind think this is a good idea? I am livid that our administration is so heavily swayed by all these pro immigration advocacy groups, yet the concerns of the average American citizen are ignored. I used to think claims of Obama's destruction of America were an exaggeration, but I'm agreeing more and more with each of this administrations actions re: immigration.
I guess votes and power trump the best interests of our country now. These are indeed sad days for America. God help our future generations that will feel the full impact of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 08:06 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well at least they won't have to wait to sign up for all the welfare benefits the US has to offer.
I guess we can forget immigration reform and we can forget amnesty.
Make them all refugees now.
I posted a couple of days ago that Team Obama was going for Refugee/Asylum Status for all these Illegal Aliens ...... even I didn't guess that Team Obama would actually suggest that the way to "stop the border crossings" was to just send airplanes to pick them up in Central America. Make all those already here "refugees" and then send planes to bring more .... YEP, that's creative thinking.

To do all this - they will have to "re-fine" the definition of "Refugee" in US Law.

The preliminary plan could create a thorny challenge for the administration because the definition of a refugee is legally specific, and children fleeing street gangs could have a hard time qualifying.

Under American law, refugees are people fleeing their country of origin based on fears of persecution by reason of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I posted a couple of days ago that Team Obama was going for Refugee/Asylum Status for all these Illegal Aliens ...... even I didn't guess that Team Obama would actually suggest that the way to "stop the border crossings" was to just send airplanes to pick them up in Central America. Make all those already here "refugees" and then send planes to bring more .... YEP, that's creative thinking.

To do all this - they will have to "re-fine" the definition of "Refugee" in US Law.

The preliminary plan could create a thorny challenge for the administration because the definition of a refugee is legally specific, and children fleeing street gangs could have a hard time qualifying.

Under American law, refugees are people fleeing their country of origin based on fears of persecution by reason of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group.
Well you think Kerry at the State Dept is going to say No to Obama ?

Not only will they have to redefine refugee asylum they will also have to add these central American countries to their list of countries that qualify for seeking asylum.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Hoping to stem the recent surge of migrants at the Southwest border, the Obama administration is considering whether to allow hundreds of minors and young adults from Honduras into the United States without making the dangerous trek through Mexico, according to a draft of the proposal.

WHAT?!

That thing who's the "POTUS" of the US needs to be stopped. Too; those "kids" getting into that old truck don't look like dirt poor 3rd world people, they kinda remind me more of American kids fixin' to hit the mall and hang out. Sheesh!

Old 07-25-2014, 10:59 AM

15,522 posts, read 10,487,502 times
They have gone completely off their rocker, this is nuts.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:21 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My concern with backboneless people walking into our country is what it is doing to our country. America has thrived because of the boldness of its people. People who give up and walk out of their country are not the kind of people we need. We need people willing to give their lives for freedom. People who have their hands out asking for help are not that kind of people.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. A country is only as strong as its citizens.
I think you would change what you are saying were you to go to these countries and see what is going own.
They never had anything to give up on.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:46 PM

22,443 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I think you would change what you are saying were you to go to these countries and see what is going own.
And this is NOT the fault of the US. Our country has sent billions in aid to third world countries in the hope that their quality of life improves. Instead, this aid often ends up either frittered away or in the pockets of corrupt leaders. It's time for these countries to rise up and fight for a better standard of living.

Despite what you may think, we can't save their entire third world. Nor can we take in the entire third world without destroying this country.

If you feel bad, you can do one of the following---1) Foster several of these "kids"; or 2) Move to a third world country of your choice and volunteer your time and money to help make it a better place.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:49 PM

22,443 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess votes and power trump the best interests of our country now. These are indeed sad days for America. God help our future generations that will feel the full impact of this.
Oldglory---Heaven forbid that we descend into third world status. At least those of us who are against illegal immigration and open borders can tell our grandkids that we did all that we could to stop it. That's something that the pro-illegal immigration/pro-open borders crowd will never be able to honestly tell their descendants that they made an effort to stop the decline.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Uh; then LatAm NEEDS to step up and help their own kind. I don't get it why LatAm seems to be land of Satan to Hispanic illegal aliens but, the "racist against brown people" US is Eden. Sheesh!

Old 07-25-2014, 05:51 PM

409 posts, read 511,813 times
Odd how our Government loves to reinvent the wheel.

If the administration would bother to read our own State Dept. website they would find that this is already the way it's *supposed* to be done where Latin American "refugee status" is concerned. The only thing they would have to worry about is this pesky little thing:

The FY 2014 ceiling for refugee admissions from Latin America and the Caribbean is 5,000. Of these, the vast majority will be Cubans processed through the in-country program.

But then again.. it's not like they even know that statement exsists to begin with and will continue on the path of blissful ignorance and willful disregard to the laws they are sworn to uphold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration