Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 04:07 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Nice looking school, Jess5! I sure hope that illegals don't ruin it.

Illegals ruined the elementary school that our daughter went to. When our daughter was there in the early to mid 90s, it was a good school, with good test scores, good teachers and involved parents. Now that same school can't even get full accreditation from the state, thanks to the illegals living in flophouses in the area.

I swear---everything illegals touch gets destroyed

I'm old enough to remember when illegals were role model migrants. Other than being illegal in the country, they were very careful to not break any laws. They never abused public services. They preferred to stay under the radar and not be noticed. The few illegals in my school were excellent students. Liberals changed all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 09:20 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
The Hollywood liberal elite sure have been silent lately. Obama can send the illegals to Hollywood so they can go to school along side the lberal celebs kids. I mean I'm sure they all send their children to public schools, right?

Old 07-29-2014, 08:22 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,300 times
We've got 1500+ in NJ whose Educational System is paid by property taxes at an average cost of 19,000 per kid per year. Thats a whole lot of money to take from legal tax paying kids and families considering the average property tax bill is close to 10G a year.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:58 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Aren't there like 50 million kids in school in the United States right now?

Sense.... of.... proportion.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:51 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
An illiterate 16 year old who has never gone to school, can't speak English will be dumped in a high school, given a diploma, given a job at a federal highway project for $10.10 an hour holding a shovel at an orange barrel, given an EBT card and an Obamaphone and section 8 housing. Are we compassionate and is this a great country or what? Things are so good, he will be demanding that his whole family join him, thanks to the 'chain migration' thing.
btw- are you a citizen with your 21 year old son living with you because he can't find a job?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:08 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Aren't there like 50 million kids in school in the United States right now?

Sense.... of.... proportion.
Do you have kids in a public school? If you did, you would understand that even one or two of these illegal alien kids is very disruptive in a classroom. Even if the illegal alien kids behaved, they still need extra attention---that's attention that American kids are not getting.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:08 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you have kids in a public school? If you did, you would understand that even one or two of these illegal alien kids is very disruptive in a classroom. Even if the illegal alien kids behaved, they still need extra attention---that's attention that American kids are not getting.
What is about to happen? In 2 weeks, our schools start. What's going to happen to all of the kiddos in detention camps who haven't been processed yet? When they release them into society, for some, the school term could be half over with. Are they going to stick these kids, who are normally lacking educational skills anyway with their age group? Will they put them in younger age groups? How will they ever be able to catch up? I know they will have their own teachers, but will there be so many that they can all be put in one classroom? That sounds like the best idea to me, except that there may be several different language barriers. Think of all of the different holidays the different nationalities celebrate. I'm sure they will let them celebrate them because it's part of their "culture". But, no Christian holidays can be celebrated.

I see such a mess ahead of us. I'm really concerned for everyones school systems, and I still can't see a mass influx of illegals all at once coming to our schools. The teachers are not happy about this, but of course they have to be PC about it. There is no bad part of our town, or the one next to it. A beautiful apartment complex went up here at the edge of town, and people were protesting. They didn't want apartments here. Now, there are several going up. Hmmm, maybe because they are expecting a lot more people moving here.

I think some people have already been released and are here. We've noticed a lot more people here who can't speak English getting ticked off at cashiers because they couldn't understand them, with many kids with them, running around screaming. I went by McDonalds by my house and ordered something (my first mistake) and the Hispanic young guy handed me my things one thing at a time. I said "Wait, I need a sack", he grunted something. He had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to play Charades with him to get a sack, but he never got it, and I stayed there until someone else came up, and I got a sack. Another time I was in there and a young Hispanic girl couldn't understand what I was ordering, but she could understand and speak some English, but said "don't know" to everything I asked her (about some new things on the menu) Someone else finally came over and I told her this girl didn't know anything I asked her, and she (older Hispanic lady) said "So, we don't have to know anything to work here!" I said "What? Are you serious?" & she repeated herself. That really made me laugh for some reason, to keep from crying, I guess. I really don't go there often, barf, it just sounds like I do.

So, what do you think they will do about educating all of these illegal kids? I can't even imagine how they will go about it.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:17 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,835,953 times
Ahhh...good to know I pay $8,000 a year in property taxes and don't even have any kids....yet illegals wh pay nothing into the system get a free education thanks to people like me who own multiple properties.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:29 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Ahhh...good to know I pay $8,000 a year in property taxes and don't even have any kids....yet illegals wh pay nothing into the system get a free education thanks to people like me who own multiple properties.
Welcome to my world... I pay a little over $9000 a year and have no children in school. I don't really mind paying to help educate american children. I figure after all, american children will grow up to contribute to our society and help shoulder some of the burden. Few of these kids coming over right now will ever shoulder any of the burden, but will have increasing demands on the system, which will increase our burden even more. Just a hint, most families of non american hispanics have more than one or two children.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Welcome to my world... I pay a little over $9000 a year and have no children in school. I don't really mind paying to help educate american children. I figure after all, american children will grow up to contribute to our society and help shoulder some of the burden. Few of these kids coming over right now will ever shoulder any of the burden, but will have increasing demands on the system, which will increase our burden even more. Just a hint, most families of non american hispanics have more than one or two children.
$9000 a year in school tax????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration