Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 07:39 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

At Least 30,000 More Migrants Get U.S. Classroom Seats | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 07:54 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Stories like this anger me.

Meanwhile, our kids (by this I mean American kids) will continue to see their own education suffer because resources will have to be diverted to these illegal alien kids.

I think that some of these illegal alien kids need to be classmates of Sasha and Malia at Sidwell Friends. Surely, the current students' parents will gladly donate money to give scholarships to these illegals. After all, it's the elitist limousine liberals on both sides of the aisle who are pushing for this madness. Let them deal with it up close and personal.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Meanwhile, our kids (by this I mean American kids) will continue to see their own education suffer because resources will have to be diverted to these illegal alien kids.

I think that some of these illegal alien kids need to be classmates of Sasha and Malia at Sidwell Friends. Surely, the current students' parents will gladly donate money to give scholarships to these illegals. After all, it's the elitist limousine liberals on both sides of the aisle who are pushing for this madness. Let them deal with it up close and personal.
Uh; I'm guessing that school's a fancy 1 in Washington because you named the POTUS's kids?

Old 07-26-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I'm guessing that school's a fancy 1 in Washington because you named the POTUS's kids?
Yup. Sidwell Friends is a fancy and very expensive private school in DC. Most presidents with school-aged kids send them there. Jimmy Carter was an exception since he and Rosalyn sent Amy to a public elementary school.

Take a look at what the tuition Sidwell Friends is

Sidwell Friends School: Admissions » Tuition and Fees

Old 07-26-2014, 09:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Yup. Sidwell Friends is a fancy and very expensive private school in DC. Most presidents with school-aged kids send them there. Jimmy Carter was an exception since he and Rosalyn sent Amy to a public elementary school.

Take a look at what the tuition Sidwell Friends is

Sidwell Friends School: Admissions » Tuition and Fees
YOWZA! 35K dollars buys a small trailer with its own lot here in Bullhead City.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,456,262 times
There is absolutely no way our school systems can handle that many kids who don't even speak Spanish, let alone English. The kids that are supposed to be going into our high schools don't even have a 1st grade education--what are the teachers supposed to do with them?

They'll be babysat until they're 18 and then turned loose--to do what? How many illiterate laborers do we really need?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:01 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:

This really bothers me. A lot. We have the most beautiful schools in the school district I live in. People who come here say they've never seen such beautiful and clean schools, that they look like malls. You won't see a scrap of paper on the school properties. I don't know what the residents will do, but they will not put up with graffiti and trashed out schools. Illegals have completely trashed a whole neighborhood, including the schools in south Oklahoma City, and if any of you know the area, you've probably seen the neighborhood because it was a handy shortcut to the better parts of S. OKC. This is so sad. They wont have any pride for our communities because everythings handed to them. They get a free pass from the government. I just don't understand why they tear up neighborhoods. I wish one of the sympathizers would explain that. Our legal citizens are just like us, some of them even more so. They are bursting with pride to be an American and are just as upset as any of us, as they should be. One of my friends told us that every time they hoist their American flag, they get goosebumps. They went through all the legal channels to be here, and expect the same from everyone else.
Here's one of our schools.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-29-2014 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright

Old 07-27-2014, 01:25 AM

Nice looking school, Jess5! I sure hope that illegals don't ruin it.

Illegals ruined the elementary school that our daughter went to. When our daughter was there in the early to mid 90s, it was a good school, with good test scores, good teachers and involved parents. Now that same school can't even get full accreditation from the state, thanks to the illegals living in flophouses in the area.

I swear---everything illegals touch gets destroyed

Old 07-27-2014, 01:38 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
This really bothers me. A lot. We have the most beautiful schools in the school district I live in. People who come here say they've never seen such beautiful and clean schools, that they look like malls. You won't see a scrap of paper on the school properties. I don't know what the residents will do, but they will not put up with graffiti and trashed out schools. Illegals have completely trashed a whole neighborhood, including the schools in south Oklahoma City, and if any of you know the area, you've probably seen the neighborhood because it was a handy shortcut to the better parts of S. OKC. This is so sad. They wont have any pride for our communities because everythings handed to them. They get a free pass from the government. I just don't understand why they tear up neighborhoods. I wish one of the sympathizers would explain that. :( Our legal citizens are just like us, some of them even more so. They are bursting with pride to be an American and are just as upset as any of us, as they should be. One of my friends told us that every time they hoist their American flag, they get goosebumps. They went through all the legal channels to be here, and expect the same from everyone else.
I would love for every school to look at majestic at that one...

They will have to be sent back..We will put up with this..

Old 07-27-2014, 02:10 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
This really bothers me. A lot. We have the most beautiful schools in the school district I live in. People who come here say they've never seen such beautiful and clean schools, that they look like malls. You won't see a scrap of paper on the school properties. I don't know what the residents will do, but they will not put up with graffiti and trashed out schools. Illegals have completely trashed a whole neighborhood, including the schools in south Oklahoma City, and if any of you know the area, you've probably seen the neighborhood because it was a handy shortcut to the better parts of S. OKC. This is so sad. They wont have any pride for our communities because everythings handed to them. They get a free pass from the government. I just don't understand why they tear up neighborhoods. I wish one of the sympathizers would explain that. Our legal citizens are just like us, some of them even more so. They are bursting with pride to be an American and are just as upset as any of us, as they should be. One of my friends told us that every time they hoist their American flag, they get goosebumps. They went through all the legal channels to be here, and expect the same from everyone else.
Its great to know that I am not alone, and not the only person who does..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration