U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,668,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL..the "best and the brightest". They can't read and have lived in abject poverty either picking crops or living off the street.
Less than 30% of the county make it to 6th grade and they exist by looking at the pictures of products/medicines/store signs.

Obama sets a mighty low bar.
So can you blame their parents for wanting to send them to a nation where their children will have access to better schools and universities? I sure would. A good parent would.

I'm sure all those people that came on boats from Europe weren't the "brightest" either. I'm positive most couldn't read.

So you sound like the person that looks down on people who you feel are beneath you. How do you treat your waitress at a restaurant? Cab driver? Porter? The cashier at Walmart? I wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Agreed. Simply put I don't want more visa workers or illegals. Illegals drain our system and visa workers take our high class jobs.

I do believe the British bride should be allowed to stay. Her husband owns a business and I suspect she may help with that. Incidentally my paternal grandmother was a British citizen and never became a citizen. She didn't work much, mostly a housewife but she did pick fruits and vegetables during the summer.

LOL. You are afraid of "visa" workers but not scared of American companies that ship their jobs to China, India and Brazil?????

The irony.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 PM

7,054 posts, read 5,077,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
How is it broken?? Our immigration laws are among the most lenient in the free world. Our immigration system is "broken" for one reason, and one reason only, because people from other countries believe they should have the right to come here, and ignore our laws. Is our immigration system broken? Yes, but not in the way that you think. It is broken because there are often very educated, and intellectually talented people who would like to come here but often can't, instead we allow the uneducated, impoverished people from the Third World to come here instead. We allow people to come here from nations that have been traditionally very hostile toward the U.S. Many of these foreigners harbor very these hostile thoughts, and often hate the U.S. even though they come here and take advantage of everything they can, while often insulting most aspects of American culture.

Our immigration system is also broken because the fourteenth amendment allows people to come here with the intention to give birth to children in order to acquire automatic citizenship, with these anchor babies allowing them to stay. The U.S. should be like other countries and not allow automatic citizenship in this manor. Canada is the only other country in the world that allows automatic citizenship upon birth to non-citizens, this law is killing this country.

Our immigration system is broken because we allow people to come here and break laws, in some cases committing serious crimes, and enjoy living in our prison system which allows them three meals a day, free health care and dental, along with education benefits while in prison.

Our immigration system is broken because we allow illegal immigrants many of the same subsidies given to American citizens, such as EBT cards.

Our immigration system is broken because our elected officials ignore the pleas of the American citizens, instead favor listening to illegals, and their advocates. They ignore how bad the U.S. economy is, and how there are so many U.S. citizens out of work, yet we bring in more and more people. Our system is broken because we allow ridiculous propaganda such "illegals taking the jobs Americans won't do," as a valid argument, when the reality is, there is NO such thing as "a job an American won't do."
Oh, I think you and I are very much in agreement.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:44 PM

11,515 posts, read 5,521,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
LOL. You are afraid of "visa" workers but not scared of American companies that ship their jobs to China, India and Brazil?????

The irony.
Who said that they like outsourcing?

Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
So can you blame their parents for wanting to send them to a nation where their children will have access to better schools and universities? I sure would. A good parent would.

I'm sure all those people that came on boats from Europe weren't the "brightest" either. I'm positive most couldn't read.

So you sound like the person that looks down on people who you feel are beneath you. How do you treat your waitress at a restaurant? Cab driver? Porter? The cashier at Walmart? I wonder.
Parents from poor countries: if their kind CAN'T provide for their kids; it's on the parents to have 1 or 2 kids, NOT a half dozen. The doesn't owe places like LatAm, Africa and Asia a damn thing. Sheesh!

People from Europe on boats 100 years ago: this is 2014, NOT 1914. We DON'T need a bunch of peasants now to do "scut work". Many of us Americans ain't smart enough to do anything about scut work and better they're working against sitting on their butts collecting food stamps IF wages were high enough for our "low end" people to survive.

I def look DOWN on people who hire ILLEGAL aliens and ALL of them need to be punished hard under US law.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:43 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,863,169 times
Quote:

The irony.
I'm afraid of that too but that wasn't the question.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:44 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,863,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Who said that they like outsourcing?
Yeah that was weird. I hate outsourcing too (and have posted as such).

Old 07-28-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Parents from poor countries: if their kind CAN'T provide for their kids; it's on the parents to have 1 or 2 kids, NOT a half dozen. The doesn't owe places like LatAm, Africa and Asia a damn thing. Sheesh!

People from Europe on boats 100 years ago: this is 2014, NOT 1914. We DON'T need a bunch of peasants now to do "scut work". Many of us Americans ain't smart enough to do anything about scut work and better they're working against sitting on their butts collecting food stamps IF wages were high enough for our "low end" people to survive.

I def look DOWN on people who hire ILLEGAL aliens and ALL of them need to be punished hard under US law.
WHO ARE YOU...GOD??? What nerve you have suggesting how many children people should have - number one.

Let me educate you on Latin American countries. They are highly conservative and Christian. Mostly Catholics as a matter of fact.

Due to their RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, they do not believe in abortion or contraception like many others do.

As we need people to pick the fruits and vegetables on your table. So, PLEASE.

WOW...just WOW!!!

Some folks in this country are so anti-abortion, but live human beings are an issue. The irony.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:13 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Quote:
WHO ARE YOU...GOD??? What nerve you have suggesting how many children people should have - number one.

Let me educate you on Latin American countries. They are highly conservative and Christian. Mostly Catholics as a matter of fact.

Due to their RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, they do not believe in abortion or contraception like many others do.

WOW...just WOW!!!

Some folks in this country are so anti-abortion, but live human beings are an issue. The irony.
Been debunked countless times. Unlimited VISAs for agriculture. Only 3% of illegals work on farms. So please spare us the we need them in order to eat argument.
What their reasons for over breeding are is their problem. We certainly don't owe them a solution or a free pass. We actually need to raise the bar for who we allow to enter.
By the way my wife is a legal immigrant now a citizen. She speaks 5 languages and is college educated.
My step daughter is waiting her turn. 2 College degrees speaks 3 languages including english. This is the kind of immigrants we need.
What we don't need are any more criminals which pretty much defines all illegals.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:03 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,466,205 times
Quote:

WOW...just WOW!!!

There is no irony with me personally. I'm secular concerning this issue and fully welcome and support unfettered abortion services that are available 24/7 for this population.

Eugenics was seriously researched and practiced starting in the mid teens to the 30's concerning the selective breeding of human subject matter with very favorable results yet we failed to continue this scientific research in the name of "" humanity"".

Humans are animals and can be bred just like their canine and feline counterparts.

The color of ones skin is a trait just like ones skeletal structure. Using genetic research towards selectively breeding out unfavorable traits such as low IQ and genetic disorders is simply the logical thing to do yet we don't due to some illogical allegiance to natural selection.

Ranking human worth on skin color is foolish. What the scientific community does is rank human worth on intelligence and physical characteristics that would allow a human being to live a long productive life contributing to their community via intellectually meaningful advancements and selective procreation versus the current way of doing things which celebrates erratic behavior concerning life choices and procreation with no regard to why they are breeding and the consequences of that decision.

I will agree with you that we need those with low intelligence to do manual labor such as picking crops but we are a large country and have a significant population of citizens that will do those jobs instead of importing additional manual labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or