Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 03:39 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times

Advertisements

Meet the people Obama doesn

Yes, our immigration "system" is broken - of course the "reform" being pushed by Obama and Senate Republicans won't fix anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 03:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
ROFL..the "best and the brightest". They can't read and have lived in abject poverty either picking crops or living off the street.
Less than 30% of the county make it to 6th grade and they exist by looking at the pictures of products/medicines/store signs.

Obama sets a mighty low bar.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:26 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
From the article:

In the shadow of the illegal immigrant crisis at America’s southern border, the Obama administration continues to hold highly skilled and educated workers wishing to come to the U.S. and work for American companies to the strict regulations of its H-1B visa program, while moving toward a policy that grants work visas to the American-born children of immigrants who come here illegally.

We don't need anymore H1-Bs as we have thousands of unemployed American citizen STEM/IT workers. "Strict regulations"? Gimme a break! That visa program is corrupt and riddled with fraud.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:38 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
Due to the continuing downward spiral the United States the smartest and most prudent thing to do in order to slow it's decent is to halt all legal and illegal immigration for and indefinite period of time.
Of course this is what one wants to do that actually does not have an agenda of submersing our country in a bath of third world issues such as disease and human pestilence.
I for one am extremely happy I never had children and that I'm not younger than my 48 years on this earth.

The coming leveling of American standards of living to that of the country of Columbia leaves me depressed.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
From the article:

In the shadow of the illegal immigrant crisis at America’s southern border, the Obama administration continues to hold highly skilled and educated workers wishing to come to the U.S. and work for American companies to the strict regulations of its H-1B visa program, while moving toward a policy that grants work visas to the American-born children of immigrants who come here illegally.

We don't need anymore H1-Bs as we have thousands of unemployed American citizen STEM/IT workers. "Strict regulations"? Gimme a break! That visa program is corrupt and riddled with fraud.
Agreed. Simply put I don't want more visa workers or illegals. Illegals drain our system and visa workers take our high class jobs.

I do believe the British bride should be allowed to stay. Her husband owns a business and I suspect she may help with that. Incidentally my paternal grandmother was a British citizen and never became a citizen. She didn't work much, mostly a housewife but she did pick fruits and vegetables during the summer.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:45 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Meet the people Obama doesn

Yes, our immigration "system" is broken - of course the "reform" being pushed by Obama and Senate Republicans won't fix anything.
How is it broken?? Our immigration laws are among the most lenient in the free world. Our immigration system is "broken" for one reason, and one reason only, because people from other countries believe they should have the right to come here, and ignore our laws. Is our immigration system broken? Yes, but not in the way that you think. It is broken because there are often very educated, and intellectually talented people who would like to come here but often can't, instead we allow the uneducated, impoverished people from the Third World to come here instead. We allow people to come here from nations that have been traditionally very hostile toward the U.S. Many of these foreigners harbor very these hostile thoughts, and often hate the U.S. even though they come here and take advantage of everything they can, while often insulting most aspects of American culture.

Our immigration system is also broken because the fourteenth amendment allows people to come here with the intention to give birth to children in order to acquire automatic citizenship, with these anchor babies allowing them to stay. The U.S. should be like other countries and not allow automatic citizenship in this manor. Canada is the only other country in the world that allows automatic citizenship upon birth to non-citizens, this law is killing this country.

Our immigration system is broken because we allow people to come here and break laws, in some cases committing serious crimes, and enjoy living in our prison system which allows them three meals a day, free health care and dental, along with education benefits while in prison.

Our immigration system is broken because we allow illegal immigrants many of the same subsidies given to American citizens, such as EBT cards.

Our immigration system is broken because our elected officials ignore the pleas of the American citizens, instead favor listening to illegals, and their advocates. They ignore how bad the U.S. economy is, and how there are so many U.S. citizens out of work, yet we bring in more and more people. Our system is broken because we allow ridiculous propaganda such "illegals taking the jobs Americans won't do," as a valid argument, when the reality is, there is NO such thing as "a job an American won't do."

Last edited by 9162; 07-28-2014 at 05:13 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 05:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
From the article:

Meanwhile the Senate amnesty bill, which Obama wants passed, doubles the H1-B's, allows for a percentage increase each year and creates a new W-Visa.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 PM

15 posts, read 30,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL..the "best and the brightest". They can't read and have lived in abject poverty either picking crops or living off the street.
Less than 30% of the county make it to 6th grade and they exist by looking at the pictures of products/medicines/store signs.

Obama sets a mighty low bar.
They could probably tell the difference between "39% of welfare recipients are native households" and "39% of native households are welfare recipients" even without a stellar Texas education.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Argentina is the example of our future.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
I left the US in 2001 and didn't return until a few years ago, so a lot of this was going on while I wasn't here. It was my experience getting my ex-husband's green card that hardened my attitude towards illegals in the US.

Everything that British-born bride is complaining about is true. The income requirement and medical exams are real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration