U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 PM

14,195 posts, read 7,399,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Secure a two thousand mile border HOW exactly?
remove the cheese... fine employers... e verify... drones...national guard... it would dry up and be even easier to guard.. grow a magical wall of corn.
Oh and vote for this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUayhUL2X90
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 02:49 PM

32,524 posts, read 17,636,768 times
Default What message is Obama sending to South America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Obama immigration executive orders could force showdown

"White House is considering using executive orders, a tactic already heavily criticized by Republican leaders, to defer some deportations and expand work permits to currently illegal immigrants."

OK, besides what's obviously wrong with this... how do they think this will be perceived in South American countries? Will this encourage more people to push north? (rhetorical question). It's clear the President DOES NOT want to stem the tide of illegal immigrants at all.

Dems and Liberals what do you think about the message he is sending?

Help me out here...
OK

The illegal immigrants are not from South America.

Carry on.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:18 PM

1,170 posts, read 594,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
OK

The illegal immigrants are not from South America.

Carry on.

You missed another post above correcting me already.

You know what I meant though. Lol

Old 07-30-2014, 03:22 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,260,313 times
I'm always amused at these fake outrage threads. Carry on.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:23 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
The message from the Dems is "bienvenido a america"

Pelosi's latest statement..."No deportation without representation" (each illegal gets their own tax payer funded lawyer).

Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 PM

1,170 posts, read 594,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I'm always amused at these fake outrage threads. Carry on.
What makes it fake?

You think it doesn't upset people that the leader of our country is sending a message of "C'mon in!" to our neighbors who are already abusing out borders?

Old 07-30-2014, 03:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,144,531 times
I'd say Obama is telling them "Send more of your teen here so we can educate them to become Democrat voters" and "Your check's in the mail".

Old 07-30-2014, 05:20 PM

32,524 posts, read 17,636,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
You missed another post above correcting me already.

You know what I meant though. Lol
I only know what you posted.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:50 PM

2,485 posts, read 1,763,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Obama has already deported more illegals than both Bushes combined. Just saying.

But, you do realize, these illegals come here to escape violence, abuse, poverty, lack of opportunity, and human and drug trafficking. Are we morally justified to send them right back?

So is Obama not moral?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:55 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Obama has already deported more illegals than both Bushes combined. Just saying.

But, you do realize, these illegals come here to escape violence, abuse, poverty, lack of opportunity, and human and drug trafficking. Are we morally justified to send them right back?
Wrong!

Obama has admitted to cooking the books when it comes to those deportation figures:

Obama's deportation record: inside the numbers - CNN.com

Read the 5th paragraph.

Why do people keep spreading the lie about all these supposed deportations---especially when he himself admitted to cooking the books?

And, yes, we are morally justified in sending them back. We simply can't take in the entire third world without sinking to third world status ourselves.

Is it morally wrong to not send planes to Africa to bring poor Africans, who have it worse than Latin American illegals, to this country? Where does it all end for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or