U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:29 PM

553 posts, read 453,614 times

Advertisements

Suppose you were to ask a 6-year-old to walk from Huston, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota. Well that's the distance these children from Central America had to walk to get here and they did it all by themselves and they didn't get lost. Is there anybody out there dumb enough to actually believe that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Secure a two thousand mile border HOW exactly?
250,000 soldiers. Obama wants to bring them back home. What could they do back here except guard the Border?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:50 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,404,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Obama immigration executive orders could force showdown

"White House is considering using executive orders, a tactic already heavily criticized by Republican leaders, to defer some deportations and expand work permits to currently illegal immigrants."

OK, besides what's obviously wrong with this... how do they think this will be perceived in South American countries? Will this encourage more people to push north? (rhetorical question). It's clear the President DOES NOT want to stem the tide of illegal immigrants at all.

Dems and Liberals what do you think about the message he is sending?

Help me out here...
Why should 'dems' and 'liberals' be giving you an opinion. There are some real conservatives here who actually think for themselves instead of just parroting the opinion that is fed to them by fringe news istes.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:03 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
The Chamber of Commerce is sending the wrong message. Your concern should be directed at it.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:48 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,260,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
What makes it fake?

You think it doesn't upset people that the leader of our country is sending a message of "C'mon in!" to our neighbors who are already abusing out borders?
It's fake because I can't tell any more which is real and which is fake. Ever heard of the kid who cried wolf? When you people have an outrage over everything a man does, you are less likely to be taken seriously the next time around.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:42 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,069,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Obama has already deported more illegals than both Bushes combined. Just saying.

But, you do realize, these illegals come here to escape violence, abuse, poverty, lack of opportunity, and human and drug trafficking. Are we morally justified to send them right back?

People turned back at the Border are not deportations though this Administration likes to use funny math to include them as such.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:31 AM

Quote:
But, you do realize, these illegals come here to escape violence, abuse, poverty, lack of opportunity, and human and drug trafficking. Are we morally justified to send them right back?
They may be needed to straighten out their own countries.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:25 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
It's pretty damn hard. Lots of forms, lots of digging up old documents, it's a mess. I was born in Minnesota and so was my whole family back to my great-great grandparents, but I have some friends who are first-generation immigrants. There's also waiting lists that span decades.

No. But at the same time, we need legal immigration reform.
I went though the process....my x-husband was not legal.

If I can handle the paperwork......anyone could.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:26 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAllenDoudna View Post
Suppose you were to ask a 6-year-old to walk from Huston, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota. Well that's the distance these children from Central America had to walk to get here and they did it all by themselves and they didn't get lost. Is there anybody out there dumb enough to actually believe that?
Agreed and HOW!

The whole thing done NOT pass the "smell test". Too; MOST of those "kids" are teens and word is many of THEM are gangbangers like of the MS 13 kind.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:27 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAllenDoudna View Post
250,000 soldiers. Obama wants to bring them back home. What could they do back here except guard the Border?
Erect the double layered fence on the most porous areas. No one expects that we can secure the border 100% but shouldn't we pull out all the stops to secure it as much as we can to cut back on illegal immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or