Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,049,737 times

Advertisements

Obama immigration executive orders could force showdown

"White House is considering using executive orders, a tactic already heavily criticized by Republican leaders, to defer some deportations and expand work permits to currently illegal immigrants."

OK, besides what's obviously wrong with this... how do they think this will be perceived in South American countries? Will this encourage more people to push north? (rhetorical question). It's clear the President DOES NOT want to stem the tide of illegal immigrants at all.

Dems and Liberals what do you think about the message he is sending?

Help me out here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 11:56 AM

792 posts, read 631,317 times
Obama has already deported more illegals than both Bushes combined. Just saying.

But, you do realize, these illegals come here to escape violence, abuse, poverty, lack of opportunity, and human and drug trafficking. Are we morally justified to send them right back?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Obama has already deported more illegals than both Bushes combined. Just saying.

But, you do realize, these illegals come here to escape violence, abuse, poverty, lack of opportunity, and human and drug trafficking. Are we morally justified to send them right back?
What to do with the folks here now is another issue.

What I want to know is what message is Obama sending to South America.

We need a clear message that ILLEGAL entry into the United States is not welcomed and then we need to SECURE THE BORDER by any means necessary.

Period.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
What to do with the folks here now is another issue.

What I want to know is what message Obama is sending to South America.

We need a clear message that ILLEGAL entry into the United States is not welcomed and then we need to SECURE THE BORDER by any means necessary.

Period.
Okay, I am all for securing the border and discouraging illegal immigration, but then we need to make legal immigration easier and remove all the red tape and excessive paperwork.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:10 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,245,208 times
Quote:
Okay, I am all for securing the border and discouraging illegal immigration, but then we need to make legal immigration easier and remove all the red tape and excessive paperwork.
Legal immigration is not that hard to do.

What paperwork would you remove???

Quote:
Yes or No...

Do you think Obama is doing a good job of sending a clear message that illegal immigration is not going to be tolerated?

4,412 posts, read 3,945,344 times
To South America? I don't know because that's not where these kids are coming from.
Buenos Aires is really nice... and the exchange rate right now!

Now to Central America, we should give these immigrants due process under the law and start attempting to clamp down on border crossings. We should also do what we can to stop Honduras and Guatemala from being corrupt, drug gang run hell holes.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:12 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,986,108 times
Hint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V20tR3tbjI
Come On Down! or up from our vantage.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:12 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,245,208 times
Quote:

Obama has sent deportation letters......most still stay in the USA.

I have read about 30 different letters to people.....they are all still in the USA.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Legal immigration is not that hard to do.

What paperwork would you remove???
It's pretty damn hard. Lots of forms, lots of digging up old documents, it's a mess. I was born in Minnesota and so was my whole family back to my great-great grandparents, but I have some friends who are first-generation immigrants. There's also waiting lists that span decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Yes or No...

Do you think Obama is doing a good job of sending a clear message that illegal immigration is not going to be tolerated?
No. But at the same time, we need legal immigration reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration