Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:47 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
I moved from California. California's future is just too unpredictable.
Wow. Bet all that not knowing was brutal, eh?

Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
How is it whining? It is a legitimate concern when you hear your governor making speeches like that. What on earth is he thinking

We need to take care of the mess we have in the US which a lot of it is attributable to allowing people to come to the US with little to no education, with little to zero employable skills and don't even speak our language
Yep, and thats the exact reason why CA schools have plummeted from top 10 in the nation just a few decades ago to 48th. Its also why you see AZ (49th worst) and TX schools so poor in scores now too, all border states. I could list about a dozen other things that have deteriorated in this state since it has become an illegal sanctuary, but those have been covered in other threads. The people who see no big deal in this or those who support letting in more illegals are either 1) Complete idiots who don't pay attention to anything in their state or 2) People with their heads buried in the sand who think CA is still amazing just because of the weather

Old 07-30-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Yep, and thats the exact reason why CA schools have plummeted from top 10 in the nation just a few decades ago to 48th. Its also why you see AZ (49th worst) and TX schools so poor in scores now too, all border states. I could list about a dozen other things that have deteriorated in this state since it has become an illegal sanctuary, but those have been covered in other threads. The people who see no big deal in this or those who support letting in more illegals are either 1) Complete idiots who don't pay attention to anything in their state or 2) People with their heads buried in the sand who think CA is still amazing just because of the weather
Well, the weather IS certainly wonderful isn't it.
Now, you can enjoy it, or stay inside and mope. Your choice.

Today I got up and had a very nice walk in the cool morning air with the dog. Got a bunch of work done that I enjoyed. Caught some rays after a brilliant crisp lunch salad. Went fishing a bit. Tonight I'm having Cajun catfish on the grill with refried beans and peppers. Then I think I'll shake that down with another little row in the dinghy or a hike in the evening cool down. All this while the illegal barbarians rape and pillage and burn.

Silly me. Enjoying myself

Old 07-30-2014, 05:38 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, the weather IS certainly wonderful isn't it.
Now, you can enjoy it, or stay inside and mope. Your choice.

Today I got up and had a very nice walk in the cool morning air with the dog. Got a bunch of work done that I enjoyed. Caught some rays after a brilliant crisp lunch salad. Went fishing a bit. Tonight I'm having Cajun catfish on the grill with refried beans and peppers. Then I think I'll shake that down with another little row in the dinghy or a hike in the evening cool down. All this while the illegal barbarians rape and pillage and burn.

Silly me. Enjoying myself
You would fall into category 2 in my last post above...there are those of us who want to better ourselves, our community, our city and our state by trying to fix the problems within it. You are obviously someone who lives in a bubble and just because YOUR life is fine and not effected by problems others are, you couldn't care less. Great attitude sir

Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 PM

462 posts, read 741,771 times
You know, I wonder how smug CA's would react if the US govt started dumping all the illegals right in their backyards in the "safe" areas, I imagine their tone would change real quick. I would grab my popcorn for that one.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:42 PM

462 posts, read 741,771 times
Quote:
You would fall into category 2 in my last post above...there are those of us who want to better ourselves, our community, our city and our state by trying to fix the problems within it. You are obviously someone who lives in a bubble and just because YOUR life is fine and not effected by problems others are, you couldn't care less. Great attitude sir
Hit the nail on the head. The smug libturds dont care (while pretending otherwise), as long as their little bubble is undisturbed, they could care less if the world around them crash and burned.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
But on another thread you couldn't be bothered to attend any of the rallies that were held for more border control over the last week in CA, two of which were being held in Anaheim where you live.

The OP listed the dates, times, and locations, and you said not interested.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
But on another thread you couldn't be bothered to attend any of the rallies that were held for more border control over the last week in CA, two of which were being held in Anaheim where you live.

The OP listed the dates, times, and locations, and you said not interested.
He was probably watching Andy Griffith reruns longing so hard for that fictional time to return in his head.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
There are some of us who know that mainstream politics is a waste of time. Make yourself better...that's all you can do.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I would love to hear about all you do to "fix" all the "problems" within our society, mbell. Other than whine incessantly on an Internet forum, like a four-year-old who didn't get a nice cream cone after his cotton candy at the fair. Tell us about bettering yourself, your community, your city, and your state. Please.

Also tell me what you know about what I haven't done in those same regards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration