U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:17 PM

3,103 posts, read 2,609,736 times

Advertisements

I never post in the politics forum but this is upsetting. Mainly because there are always pleas in the Pittsburgh area to become foster parents or donate money for AMERICAN children. Holy Family Institute will be using funds, including government dollars, to foster illegals.

There are various reports that the government could be sending thousands of kids to different locations as foster kids. Looks like that is the truth. This meeting was being held since the details are fuzzy. Some rumors are that teens will be sent to the facility. Many are worried, including local government officials, about crime.

Holy Family Institute would not allow the meeting to be recorded by the local news media. Makes you wonder.

Emsworth's Holy Family Institute proposes to take in children crossing border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 07:23 PM

9,277 posts, read 5,786,795 times
I understand, I never posted under the illegal immigration forum until a couple of weeks ago. Too many whacko noodles, right. Anywho, while I've always been concerned, I'm now totally fed up. I just had the misfortune of hearing Bill O'Reilly tell people that Catholic Charities did not receive government funding (total lie) and for everyone to rush out and foster a child. Excuse me while I vomit. With the religious groups trying to do good or make a buck (who knows), the employers who want cheap labor, politics, open border people, activist groups and so on - we are doomed. These children need to go home and go through the process of coming here legally.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:26 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I understand, I never posted under the illegal immigration forum until a couple of weeks ago. Too many whacko noodles, right. Anywho, while I've always been concerned, I'm now totally fed up. I just had the misfortune of hearing Bill O'Reilly tell people that Catholic Charities did not receive government funding (total lie) and for everyone to rush out and foster a child. Excuse me while I vomit. With the religious groups trying to do good or make a buck (who knows), the employers who want cheap labor, politics, open border people, activist groups and so on - we are doomed. These children need to go home and go through the process of coming here legally.
Agreed.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 PM

183 posts, read 157,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
......"Holy Family Institute would not allow the meeting to be recorded by the local news media. Makes you wonder"

Emsworth's Holy Family Institute proposes to take in children crossing border
This has happened here in Tucson as well. When the illegals first started coming to Tucson, it was the lead off story on every tv news channel. Then a closed school was identified as a place the illegals would be going to. Then it was announced that another place would also be home for some illegals, but the location was kept in secret. After this, the news coverage of illegals coming to Tucson dropped to zero until the demonstrations started in Oracle, just North of Tucson. They were suppose to be sending some illegals to Oracle but they won't say when. There is no telling what else is happening here in Tucson.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 PM

1,935 posts, read 2,729,615 times
There are always ads here begging for foster families--we have foster kids that actually have to sit in Juvenile Hall (jail) waiting for a placement.

Now--the state will pay someone $1000 a month to take an American foster child and $6000 a month to take an illegal. Who gets the home?

Our own foster children already have so many things going against them, this is just wrong.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:18 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
There are always ads here begging for foster families--we have foster kids that actually have to sit in Juvenile Hall (jail) waiting for a placement.

Now--the state will pay someone $1000 a month to take an American foster child and $6000 a month to take an illegal. Who gets the home?

Our own foster children already have so many things going against them, this is just wrong.
That's just so damn wrong. We need to take care of our own kind: Black, anglo white, Indian, "Hispanic" and so on. NOT a bunch of illegal alien "kids".

Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,858,306 times
Agreed. I'm in Illinois and there are ads asking people to adopt or foster kids because many are in the system. Now the money will go toward people who shouldn't be here EVEN MORE. Already we have a problem with illegals stealing welfare money and other benefits and the mayor of Chicago Rahm Emmanuel is ASKING for them. Disgusting.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,448,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm kind of surprised that O'Reilly is telling people that! He is totally against all of the illegals being here. I didn't watch it tonight. I might still try to catch it. I believe you that he said it, I'm just surprised. His buddy, Glenn Beck got to him about the "children." One day (I forgot who) was talking a Catholic priest who is helping to support all of the "children" crossing the border. The reporter said "I guess you need donations to help you out", and the priest said "We have plenty of money, but, we will never turn any down. Ha Ha Ha". It seems that there's plenty of money to help the illegals, but not our own hungry kids?!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:52 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,448,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Agreed. I'm in Illinois and there are ads asking people to adopt or foster kids because many are in the system. Now the money will go toward people who shouldn't be here EVEN MORE. Already we have a problem with illegals stealing welfare money and other benefits and the mayor of Chicago Rahm Emmanuel is ASKING for them. Disgusting.
I really feel bad for those of you in Illinois. The mayor is actually asking for the illegals? Well, at least they know where to send them now. What is his reasoning for that? Then, you have to put up with this guy who speaks at LaRaza conferences. He knows LaRaza hates Americans. Luis Gutierrez to La Raza: Get Amnesty to ‘Punish’ Americans Against Illegal Immigration | American Renaissance

You guys in Illinois have some cleaning up to do. How did Gutierrez get elected anyway? How does the majority of Illinois feel about him now?

Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 AM

156 posts, read 111,867 times
They wouldn't let the media in?! How does that square with PA's Sunshine Law?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or