U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,778,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.
Damn, I wish we had a negative rep. so I could you about 3 of them for this absurd thread........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 10:45 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,292,341 times
Illegals are just one of our problems in reality; but a problem.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:08 AM

10,026 posts, read 8,886,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Really then what you say is false. Here in California, not where I live but in other areas, I have heard and seen it first hand. That some Hispanics, demand Spanish being spoken in grocery stores and in malls. I have seen it right in front of me. Cannot say this does not happen, because that is a lie.

I have heard and seen it with my own eyes more then I can count. Some of these people have never bothered to learn our language, but want to be catered too, yes they do.

And that is funny because I am well traveled, and most European Countries I have visited and my Culture which is Italy, they speak English well. In restaurants, on the street, and in the little shops. Maybe not the best English, but they speak English. I never ever felt my family or friends were being made fun of. In fact in Italy, and France, I had a hell of a good time with the people there. And in france, I know what most people say about them. they were most accommodating to us.

So I totally disagree with you, and you can with me. Not the fact we are afraid of the Spanish language, that is ignorant. What we do not like, is that some of these people wish for us to cater to them, but they won't put any effort into learning our language. It is a two way highway by the way not one.
Exactly. I worked in a job years ago where we got people who would ask for translators. They didn't bother learning English but expecting a Spanish speaker at the store. I speak Spanish but why should I? I think it's ridiculous that welfare programs have translators.

This is the SPANISH site of the medical program in Illinois: All Kids cuidados de salud para todos los nios

Here's one of the parts of the site: You do not have to be a citizen or a legal immigrant to get Moms & Babies.
You do not need to have a Social Security number to get Moms & Babies.

Oh and the states also has Family Care for the families of these kids. So the illegals get free healthcare! What a country.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:55 AM

31,921 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly. I worked in a job years ago where we got people who would ask for translators. They didn't bother learning English but expecting a Spanish speaker at the store. I speak Spanish but why should I? I think it's ridiculous that welfare programs have translators.

This is the SPANISH site of the medical program in Illinois: All Kids cuidados de salud para todos los nios

Here's one of the parts of the site: You do not have to be a citizen or a legal immigrant to get Moms & Babies.

Oh and the states also has Family Care for the families of these kids. So the illegals get free healthcare! What a country.
Yet the pro-illegals claim that illegal aliens can't get benefits. If they get them as a family then yes they do get all forms of welfare.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yet the pro-illegals claim that illegal aliens can't get benefits. If they get them as a family then yes they do get all forms of welfare.
Exactly. In Illinois we have something like 75% of those on welfare are illegals. The sick irony is try being disabled or childless and applying for help. You have to be severely disabled and then you'll get some help (but not like the illegals). I'm generally talking people who are severely disabled to work, like severely mentally challenged. Childless who are unemployed might get something like $20 a month on food stamps and that's it. Almost always these childless work or did work. Meanwhile the illegals don't even have to be taxpayers in this state. I don't know if this program is still around but there was another welfare program just for immigrants legal and illegal who just arrived.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:15 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:

That's just wrong. Welfare needs to be English ONLY AND proof of being in the US legally is needed.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That's just wrong. Welfare needs to be English ONLY AND proof of being in the US legally is needed.
I agree but in Illinois the Democrats are afraid of offending the illegals. It's so messed up. Meanwhile getting any form of assistance is hard for the childless, even if disabled or needing help.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:36 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,583,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
We don't blame criminals for our own laziness and feelings of entitlement, however.

I do not have a feeling of entitlement. I do not want anything from the feds other than what is written in the Constitution. criminal illegal aliens should be put back over the border and have felonies attached to them, so they can never come across legally as they are criminals.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:02 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
I agree but in Illinois the Democrats are afraid of offending the illegals. It's so messed up. Meanwhile getting any form of assistance is hard for the childless, even if disabled or needing help.
What gets me is why the Dems are so afraid of pissing off illegal aliens since illegals and their fans HATE the Repubs.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:03 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Quote:

Yeah quite a great Country, going downhill mighty fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration