U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:50 PM

11,484 posts, read 5,504,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
This is like the poster child response for why I needed to write what I write. Everybody knows that while there are negatives associated with illegal immigrants, they aren't responsible for most of the problems in this country today. Do you really think that car accidents would disappear if illegals went home?

Stop the blame game and wake up!
Ridiculous question but I'll answer it. Of course, car accidents will still happen. However, talk to those who lost a loved one at the hands of an illegal alien driver who had no license or insurance. They will tell you that if that illegal wasn't in this country, their loved one would still be alive.

And to head you off at the pass---Yes, there will still be poor people and lowlife criminals if there weren't any illegals. In fact, we have enough homegrown lowlifes who come in every race, religion and ethnicity and they cause us enough problems. We don't need to be importing more of them.

Every time resources go to helping illegals, that's less money for our own poor. Charity starts at home. That means we take care of our own and if there is anything left over, then we help legal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 02:56 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ridiculous question but I'll answer it. Of course, car accidents will still happen. However, talk to those who lost a loved one at the hands of an illegal alien driver who had no license or insurance. They will tell you that if that illegal wasn't in this country, their loved one would still be alive.

And to head you off at the pass---Yes, there will still be poor people and lowlife criminals if there weren't any illegals. In fact, we have enough homegrown lowlifes who come in every race, religion and ethnicity and they cause us enough problems. We don't need to be importing more of them.

Every time resources go to helping illegals, that's less money for our own poor. Charity starts at home. That means we take care of our own and if there is anything left over, then we help legal immigrants.
Well said.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:15 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,761,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You are wrong.
He's not saying they don't cause problems, just that they're not the cause of every single problem.

I'm adamantly opposed to illegal immigration and, while I do probably think it's a more serious issue than OP does and agree with most of the rest of your post, I agree with him in that I believe there are a multitude of other issues that are just as important or more important and that the dialogue here can get a bit over-the-top.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 552,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, yes, my quality of life will greatly improve if all the illegals are gone. Where I live, they destroyed the community by creating countless flophouses filled with 20-30 people. The once good elementary school that our daughter went to now can't get full accreditation by the state due to illegals. All those flophouses translate to more traffic on the road, parking problems so bad that if we were to have company or someone coming to do work in our home, they can't even park in front of our house. Plus those flophouses put a strain on the school system---not only do they add more students than are anticipated but those students (either illegals or anchor babies) come to school unprepared and end up taking resources away from American kids.

Not to mention if you look at the big picture, our country now has over 300 million people. We are running out of potable water and buildable land. Plus our infrastructure is crumbling and there is no money to properly repair it, let alone add even more.

I'm guessing that you have never seen the problems illegals cause up close and personal. Nor do you know anyone whose livelihood has been affected by illegals.

I could go on and on. I do hope that you are starting to get the picture.
DITTO! I am not going to waste my time responding to a baiter, but as always, BOS, you express my sentiments exactly. Now to the ignore button. LOL.

PS. You oughta see my neighborhood: once a solid middle class established area (early 1900's which is old for California), in four years, it has gone downhill because the houses are now rented out to many non-English speaking Hispanics and their screaming children. The streets are crowded with broken down trucks. A taco truck moved in across the street, and I see the owners dumping grease down the street drain daily (I can smell the rancid grease wafting into my house). Three weeks ago, two houses down from me were busted for rooster fighting. So don't tell me they don't cause problems. Property values are flat when SF as a whole has gone up 33% in one year for a house. Median is now $1.038 million.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:36 PM

11,484 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Driller1 and Annie1004 --- Thank you! If I could rep you both I would.

Annie---As you know, I feel your pain. It's depressing to see illegals destroy my community and our local politicians refusing to do anything about it. Instead, they reward the scofflaws. I've tried talking to my local politicians and emailing them but neither party cares about the problems.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:52 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Not to mention criminal and health problems as well. They strain subsidy programs meant for citizens, and expand and exacerbate the situation with poverty in this country. The last thing this country needs is more people, particularly people with no education, unable to speak English in a culture completely alien to theirs, in a never ending shrinking job market.
That's right.

The illegals in LA eventually bankrupted the state healthcare system.

I wonder how many illegals we have here now.

This article is from 2005. Even back in 2005 nobody cared when California was going through this garbage. We've had it for decades here. Now that it's affecting the nation, everybody is going bananas.

Maybe now something will be done, if the nation stands up against it.

ILLEGAL ALIENS AND EMTALA

L.A. Emergency Rooms Full of Illegal Immigrants | Fox News

Old 07-31-2014, 06:35 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.
I'm 1 of those people who's hurt by illegal aliens since I'm a trade. Please DON'T tell people like me that I need to improve my skills to compete against a bunch of lawbreakers in MY country.

If I was an illegal alien IN Mexico: I'd have to suck it up, even if it meant getting "cheated" by Mexican citizens because it'd be on me, NOT the Mexican people for breaking their laws.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:14 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
I think it's obvious that illegals are not the root cause of all problems in everyone's day to day lives. Very few posters that I know of have ever made that claim. What is true is that our economy can not afford to take on any additional burden and illegals are a burden. Legalize them and they continue to be a burden. Tax dollars spent to hire bilingual teachers to educate their children are taxes dollars that could have been used to help legal residents and citizens.
What is the cost of ID theft/ fraud? What is the cost to keep illegals who violate our laws in prison? What is the cost of illegals paid under the table in lost tax revenues?
Many like to say our food will double or triple. A myth.
Many like to say illegals only do work Americans are too lazy to do. Myth. They low ball wages and work for less than legals have a right to be paid. You can do this when you don't have to pay taxes.
No illegals are not the cause of all our problems, but they are certainly the cause of many of our problems as a nation.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:54 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.
The statistics are out there. Illegal immigration impacts all of us negatively. Who said anything about everything that goes wrong in one's life is due to illegal immigration? Better job? How about Americans that have been put out of their normal jobs due to depressed wages and greedy employers who just want to increase their profits from illegal labor? Work hard at what? They weren't working hard before these lawbreakers came to our country?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:54 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,121,261 times
Quote:
This is like the poster child response for why I needed to write what I write. Everybody knows that while there are negatives associated with illegal immigrants, they aren't responsible for most of the problems in this country today. Do you really think that car accidents would disappear if illegals went home?

Stop the blame game and wake up!
Yes a lot of accidents would stop. Especially the ones where the illegal driver has no insurance. We have a very old second car and were thinking of dropping the collision part but the insurance agent told us it was not a good idea because of so many people driving around with stolen tags and no insurance of their own. So you can stop trying to disprove something that is true. Most of our problems are caused by these people. They are even responsible for having friends disagreeing with each other.

I am not going to suggest that you wake up because my experience on here is that you are probably one of them. Just stop the lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration