Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:47 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He's not saying they don't cause problems, just that they're not the cause of every single problem.

I'm adamantly opposed to illegal immigration and, while I do probably think it's a more serious issue than OP does and agree with most of the rest of your post, I agree with him in that I believe there are a multitude of other issues that are just as important or more important and that the dialogue here can get a bit over-the-top.
Yep. This is my point exactly.

There are structural things we can do to curb illegal immigration, a lot of which is going on right now. But seriously - do we need to come armed with guns to show our seething anger towards about 60,000 (which is like 0.02% of the U.S. population) brown kids that want to escape violence? What does that accomplish? Oh yeah, and it's also Obama's fault, like illegal immigration hasn't been going on since the 1980s. And never mind that many business owners, while appearing conservative, secretly like the sub-minimum wages that they can pay illegal immigrants.

It's almost as if on this forum, it's just people trying to outdo themselves in showing how horrible they think illegal immigrants are. As a law-abiding American citizen with a logical brain, I'm opposed to illegal immigration too, but I don't have to prove myself by making hostile comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Yes a lot of accidents would stop. Especially the ones where the illegal driver has no insurance. We have a very old second car and were thinking of dropping the collision part but the insurance agent told us it was not a good idea because of so many people driving around with stolen tags and no insurance of their own. So you can stop trying to disprove something that is true. Most of our problems are caused by these people. They are even responsible for having friends disagreeing with each other.

I am not going to suggest that you wake up because my experience on here is that you are probably one of them. Just stop the lies.
I seriously don't know how to respond to this.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Of course life wouldn't be perfect if we expelled all the illegals. Now if we sent all the gays with them....you could be on to something
Uh; even some Gay people DON'T want illegal aliens to stay in the US.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:09 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Yep. This is my point exactly.

There are structural things we can do to curb illegal immigration, a lot of which is going on right now. But seriously - do we need to come armed with guns to show our seething anger towards about 60,000 (which is like 0.02% of the U.S. population) brown kids that want to escape violence? What does that accomplish? Oh yeah, and it's also Obama's fault, like illegal immigration hasn't been going on since the 1980s. And never mind that many business owners, while appearing conservative, secretly like the sub-minimum wages that they can pay illegal immigrants.

It's almost as if on this forum, it's just people trying to outdo themselves in showing how horrible they think illegal immigrants are. As a law-abiding American citizen with a logical brain, I'm opposed to illegal immigration too, but I don't have to prove myself by making hostile comments.
Illegal aliens are horrible. They are liars, cheats and thieves.

As for those "brown kids". First of all, there is no such race as "brown". Second, not all of them are the sweet, innocent little kids you imagine them to be. Many are young adults who are pretending to be teenagers. Some are admitted MS-13 members.

Only 60,000? What's another 60,000 to you, right? But it's 60,000 now and another 60,000 later and it all adds up. You seem to think that this country is swimming in black ink. We...are...not. Instead, we are drowning in red ink.

You think that all illegals are working for "sub-minimum wage"? Think again. Many of them are making well over minimum wage by using fake or stolen SSNs.

Isn't about time that these Central American banana republics start taking responsibility for their own countries instead of being parasites in this country?

What ever problems they are having in Central America, it's far, far worse in Africa. I guess that you think we should send planes there to pick up all the African children? Where does it all end for you?

BTW, the anger people are feeling has to do with millions of illegals that are here and a president who is doing everything he can to not only keep them here but adding even more. Yes, this problem has been festering for years. However, did any of the Bushes or Clinton declare by executive order a vile program like DACA? Obama is making things worse, and quite frankly, people have started to reach the boiling point. This latest influx of "kids" could well be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:14 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
"Can we stop blaming our problems on illegals?"

Sure, when they stop creating them.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:14 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,811 times
Is it because the illegals are terrible dressers?

I was jk, this is the first post I haven't seen the OP promoting an extreme pro gay / pro transgender agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; even some Gay people DON'T want illegal aliens to stay in the US.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
How are illegals improving anything? How does ignoring our laws and coming here illegally benefit this country in any way shape or form? Why do we want people who ignore our laws coming here at all?
They vote for the democrats! Duh!

Old 07-31-2014, 10:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Actually they have taken all kinds of jobs from Americans. Not just low paying jobs (which don't affect me)but jobs like welfare case worker. Speaking of which tired of my taxes going higher to pay for them and tired of pressing one.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
In my opinion, how about when you live in an apt complex full of south of the border familes that are up night and day, hanging around the tiny parking lots, of so many apt complexes, like here in Seattle.....partying, talking loud, inviting up there other family and friends from CA, to move in with them, to cover the rent, and then you have hordes of them, with their many children turning the parking lot into playgrounds, who are also loud, and ever present...7 days a week. Try living in a one of those apt complexes and then lets see what one thinks then.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-31-2014 at 11:49 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 11:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
So many great posts and I wish I could rep more of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration