U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,886,595 times
Reputation: 5888

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? Where are you getting that? Our problems are real in this country. Since when have we blamed races/ethnic groups for our problems? The only Mexicans I see being blamed for anything are those here illegally and illegal immigration is "one" of the real problems in this country. There are three parties to blame illegal immigration on and that is our government, the employers and the illegals themselves. Most Americans aren't to blame so the "ourselves" remark in regards to blame does not fall on "us".
Exactly. Unlike previous generations these illegals are a problem. They aren't learning English, plus let's not forget many generations ago there was no welfare. Now why do you think many come? to get free welfare. Immigrants years ago were too proud to accept welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,886 posts, read 12,576,540 times
Reputation: 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.


why not? we blame all sorts of things on the criminal element, and that is what illegals are, criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
So very true. Americans love to live in their little self-created bubbles.

I'm always perplexed by the "demanding Spanish be spoken" card. I know many, many illegals, work with them, as friends, etc., and I've never heard anyone demand Spanish be spoken. Ridiculous argument! And false!

We are laughed at all over the world for wanting everything in English. We are probably the only country in the world that insists on monolingualism. So many Americans have the notion that English is our official language. It never has been. It was the default language. Nothing guarantees you may only hear English spoken. Such a shallow idea!

And what are people so frightened of with the Spanish language? Why does it offend to hear it spoken? I find it funny how people get so irate when they hear it. Most Europeans and Asians speak multiple languages. Why do we remain so unlearned?

Heck, it's not all that different from English.

Really then what you say is false. Here in California, not where I live but in other areas, I have heard and seen it first hand. That some Hispanics, demand Spanish being spoken in grocery stores and in malls. I have seen it right in front of me. Cannot say this does not happen, because that is a lie.

I have heard and seen it with my own eyes more then I can count. Some of these people have never bothered to learn our language, but want to be catered too, yes they do.

And that is funny because I am well traveled, and most European Countries I have visited and my Culture which is Italy, they speak English well. In restaurants, on the street, and in the little shops. Maybe not the best English, but they speak English. I never ever felt my family or friends were being made fun of. In fact in Italy, and France, I had a hell of a good time with the people there. And in france, I know what most people say about them. they were most accommodating to us.

So I totally disagree with you, and you can with me. Not the fact we are afraid of the Spanish language, that is ignorant. What we do not like, is that some of these people wish for us to cater to them, but they won't put any effort into learning our language. It is a two way highway by the way not one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2014, 07:53 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Stop it, please. NO country, even Mexico allows ILLEGAL immigration. Word is Mexico treats ITS illegal aliens like straight up dirt. Maybe it's time for the US to borrow a page from how Mexico does things.


You know your right. And what the hell other Country puts up with the crap that we do. Give a freaken break here.
Maybe we ought to just turn the tables around, and take a page from how other Countries treat their illegals. Then what will they say.

Some it seem talk out of their rear. No one is as generous as the US period, and when we get into a damn jam, who will be here for us. The only time it seems other Countries love us, is when we are there to lend a helping hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 PM
 
7,497 posts, read 9,317,021 times
Reputation: 7394
The problems that illegals don't cause, certainly. Otherwise, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2014, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Somewhere extremely awesome
2,843 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Reputation: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
why not? we blame all sorts of things on the criminal element, and that is what illegals are, criminals.
We don't blame criminals for our own laziness and feelings of entitlement, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2014, 02:59 PM
 
31,912 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
We don't blame criminals for our own laziness and feelings of entitlement, however.
Nor do we blame illegal aliens for that. Most Americans aren't lazy nor do they have a sense of entitlement anyway. The blame is that they broke our immigration laws and if anyone has a sense of entitlement it is the illegals who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2014, 03:01 PM
 
921 posts, read 956,990 times
Reputation: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
We don't blame criminals for our own laziness and feelings of entitlement, however.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
We don't blame criminals for our own laziness and feelings of entitlement, however.
Which entitlements might they be?
The expectation that the rights of legal citizens be a priority over those of illegals?
The expectation that the very laws that we are held accountable to be at least equally applied to illegals?
The expectation that job opportunities in this country belong to people who are here legally?
What laziness do you refer to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2014, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Oceania
8,623 posts, read 5,922,920 times
Reputation: 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

They give the illegals $60 hr instead

Lots-o-people have no clue. The lawn companies in the DC area charge a hefty rate for mowing lawns. The disparity one sees is more illegals out doing it. The owner of the company lines up the clientele and hires a bunch of illegal invaders to do the actual work. They work for 1/2 of what a somewhat intelligent US citizen will.

A somewhat intelligent citizen need be able to converse clearly sans slang or foul language. That may sound harsh but what do we really expect from each other? Is television dialect a new standard for the English language? It appears to be as I don't understand a lot of the blather. I expect everyone who attended HS with me to communicate in a manner anyone can understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top