U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-02-2014, 08:30 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
1,017 posts, read 555,286 times
Reputation: 1626

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I never even HEAR English, much less get to an English option, without hearing a whole bunch of Espanol gobbledygook FIRST. Drives me up a !@#$%^&* wall. Don't call a CS line for ANYTHING anymore. Just can't stand it. So gd disrespectul to every English speaking citizen that in an English speaking country we are forced to listen to Espanol idiocy FIRST, BEFORE we can get to ENGLISH. I'm really, really sick of American citizens being second in their own country. And, then, people wonder how racism develops. I don't, anymore.
How about the California Employment Development Department? You don't even get a choice of English or Spanish when you call. It's a recording in both English AND Spanish.

And how many languages are California ballots in? I stopped counting at 27. Isn't English part of the citizenship test? I guess no longer.

 
Old 08-02-2014, 10:58 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,136,036 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Thank you Captain Obvious. It won't be like that for long, was the point. But illegal apologists such as yourself seem to struggle with basic reasoning skills. Like why it is bad to have uneducated, diseased people with no skills coming here and unwilling to learn the language. Who do you think is paying for the food, health care, housing and every other benefit they are getting right now at the border??

And before you open your big mouth again, please post your address and tell us how many illegals you are going to take in on your Burger King Salary. Oh, that's right, it's not people like you who foot the bill. Frankly, people like you shouldn't be allowed to vote. You should instead be forced to live with the very people you love so much. So why don't you move to Mexico Amigo?
How many kids are you going to adopt to that they don't get aborted? See how stupid that train of thought sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What's that got to do with anything? So, you never call a large nationwide company or bank and hear "para Espanol oprime dos"?
I do. I was accused of living in the past because, these days, it's para español oprime el dos, and three for some other language
 
Old 08-02-2014, 11:04 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,136,036 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
How about the California Employment Development Department? You don't even get a choice of English or Spanish when you call. It's a recording in both English AND Spanish.

And how many languages are California ballots in? I stopped counting at 27. Isn't English part of the citizenship test? I guess no longer.
Well, that's up to California. You know, states' rights and all. I thought you Pubs were all for that? I guess only when it comes to parts of the Constitution you like, 1st Amendment not being one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I never even HEAR English, much less get to an English option, without hearing a whole bunch of Espanol gobbledygook FIRST. Drives me up a !@#$%^&* wall. Don't call a CS line for ANYTHING anymore. Just can't stand it. So gd disrespectul to every English speaking citizen that in an English speaking country we are forced to listen to Espanol idiocy FIRST, BEFORE we can get to ENGLISH. I'm really, really sick of American citizens being second in their own country. And, then, people wonder how racism develops. I don't, anymore.
I have NEVER called a company's customer service line and have Spanish being spoken first, UNLESS I was in Puerto Rico.
 
Old 08-03-2014, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
3,730 posts, read 5,094,816 times
Reputation: 4170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Yep, welcome to the United States of Mexico. Press 2 for english.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually, it's Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish. It's always like that. Nice try, though
It would appear that the subtle sarcasm was missed. California and the Southwestern states have been so overun by the illegals that the hint was that any day now English will become the secondary language.
 
Old 08-03-2014, 11:10 AM
 
1,279 posts, read 1,172,943 times
Reputation: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How many kids are you going to adopt to that they don't get aborted? See how stupid that train of thought sounds?



I do. I was accused of living in the past because, these days, it's para español oprime el dos, and three for some other language

Why don't you answer the question I asked instead of using a red herring argument to deflect your ignorance? Ummm, yeah, your train of thought is pretty stupid.

I am pro choice for the very reason that I DON'T want to see my tax dollars go to people who have kids they cannot afford.

Just like I am pro enforcement of border security and deportation of illegal ALIENS, because I DON'T want my tax dollars go to feed, educate, clothe and house illegal aliens.

Do you see the consistency there? In your argument you seem to think I am anti abortion but anti illegal, which would be contradictory. But as you can see, your red herring, straw man argument is a logical fallacy.

Your ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills are astounding. You probably have a dozen kids. Heck, you are probably an illegal latino, since you seem to defend them so much. Please go ahead and post your address and tell us how many you are taking in. Come on bud, let's see you put your money where your big mouth is..
 
Old 08-03-2014, 11:44 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,136,036 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Why don't you answer the question I asked instead of using a red herring argument to deflect your ignorance? Ummm, yeah, your train of thought is pretty stupid.

I am pro choice for the very reason that I DON'T want to see my tax dollars go to people who have kids they cannot afford.

Just like I am pro enforcement of border security and deportation of illegal ALIENS, because I DON'T want my tax dollars go to feed, educate, clothe and house illegal aliens.

Do you see the consistency there? In your argument you seem to think I am anti abortion but anti illegal, which would be contradictory. But as you can see, your red herring, straw man argument is a logical fallacy.

Your ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills are astounding. You probably have a dozen kids. Heck, you are probably an illegal latino, since you seem to defend them so much. Please go ahead and post your address and tell us how many you are taking in. Come on bud, let's see you put your money where your big mouth is..
Nope, I have no kids and am an American citizen. Thanks for trying, though
 
Old 08-03-2014, 11:47 AM
 
1,279 posts, read 1,172,943 times
Reputation: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What's that got to do with anything? So, you never call a large nationwide company or bank and hear "para Espanol oprime dos"?

Absolutely nothing, he is just an illegal apologist, likely because he is of the same breed. EVERY post in this thread tries to defend them, even with retarded arguments like "maybe I just don't live in a major metropolitan area like you do". What a joke, this guy probably has nothing more than a High School Diploma, IF THAT! And most small town people aren't exactly rich, they work low end jobs, like I am certain he does. His brilliant critical thinking skills reveal themselves with each and every post, as such, I am growing convinced by each post that he works at a gas station.
 
Old 08-03-2014, 11:49 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,136,036 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Absolutely nothing, he is just an illegal apologist, likely because he is of the same breed. EVERY post in this thread tries to defend them, even with retarded arguments like "maybe I just don't live in a major metropolitan area like you do". What a joke, this guy probably has nothing more than a High School Diploma, IF THAT! And most small town people aren't exactly rich, they work low end jobs, like I am certain he does. His brilliant critical thinking skills reveal themselves with each and every post, as such, I am growing convinced by each post that he works at a gas station.
Actually, if you read my posts, you'd know what my stance is on illegal immigration. But, hey, I'm not the one here seething with rage, not my fault. Oh, and, how can I be Mexican when my English is just as good as yours, possibly better? Because, you know, no Mexican and their anchor baby aren't assimilating and not learning English?
 
Old 08-03-2014, 01:53 PM
 
11,538 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Reputation: 9888
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually, if you read my posts, you'd know what my stance is on illegal immigration. But, hey, I'm not the one here seething with rage, not my fault. Oh, and, how can I be Mexican when my English is just as good as yours, possibly better? Because, you know, no Mexican and their anchor baby aren't assimilating and not learning English?
Okay. I know that you are Puerto Rican. Yet, you seem to defend illegal immigration. If you don't, you sure have a funny way of showing it

If you do defend illegal immigration, you are throwing our fellow Puerto Ricans under the bus. Were you born on The Island? If so, have you gotten a new copy of your birth certificate since your old birth certificate is now null and void? The Puerto Rican government was forced to declare all Puerto Rico issued birth certificates null and void because so many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals. Some Puerto Ricans didn't even realize that their ID was stolen until the police/FBI showed up to arrest them for crimes they didn't commit. I told my father about this but he says at his age he seriously doubts that he will have to show his birth certificate to anyone for any reason (I hope he's right). You, however, are young enough that this should be a concern for you if you were born on The Island.
 
Old 08-03-2014, 03:32 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,136,036 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Okay. I know that you are Puerto Rican. Yet, you seem to defend illegal immigration. If you don't, you sure have a funny way of showing it

If you do defend illegal immigration, you are throwing our fellow Puerto Ricans under the bus. Were you born on The Island? If so, have you gotten a new copy of your birth certificate since your old birth certificate is now null and void? The Puerto Rican government was forced to declare all Puerto Rico issued birth certificates null and void because so many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals. Some Puerto Ricans didn't even realize that their ID was stolen until the police/FBI showed up to arrest them for crimes they didn't commit. I told my father about this but he says at his age he seriously doubts that he will have to show his birth certificate to anyone for any reason (I hope he's right). You, however, are young enough that this should be a concern for you if you were born on The Island.
Look, for me, illegal is illegal. Did they show up with proper authorization and do they have the authorization to stay here? If not, then goodbye. That's where is stops for me. I don't care what language they speak, where they come from, their religion, their racial makeup, or their age. I only care about their legal status, but 99% of posters here seem to care about all the other stuff, even while professing they don't care. Well, if you don't care about anything other than their legal stuff, why does the other stuff matter? Everyone is just spinning their wheels here, turning off potential supporters. All the other stuff is secondary, and all linked because of the primary reason that they are here illegally. All I'm doing here, is highlighting all the absurdity people go through to justify their stance on being anti-illegal immigration, when mine is, and always was, they broke the law. That's good enough for me to deport them. Everything else is revenue generating for the Democrats and Republicans, designed to get the base out to vote for each party, while nothing gets done. I mean, I'm trying to get my European wife to legally immigrate here, and it's a pain in the ass. Just on that alone, it would not be fair to me if some illegal got a free pass and a green card to live here while I have to fork out over $400 in total costs for my wife, plus a ton of paperwork and waiting.

And, yes, I was born in Puerto Rico and am aware that my old birth certificate was declared null and void. I haven't had the need for a new one because I already have a US passport. Is your father from PR, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top