Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:58 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times

Advertisements

I live partially in San Antonio which has a large number of Mexican nationals. Their culture does not value silence or talking in a normal voice. At many public places, they speak very loudly and never cease talking. They don't believe in disciplining their whiny kids either. I hate the idea of more of these grackles descending into our country.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
LOL..that's their way my friend.

I just had a bunch of workers here all week working on the siding.
Loud music and loud talk. That's just the way they are.
It's their culture.

I'm now basking in the silence as they have cleaned up and left.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:56 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I live partially in San Antonio which has a large number of Mexican nationals. Their culture does not value silence or talking in a normal voice. At many public places, they speak very loudly and never cease talking. They don't believe in disciplining their whiny kids either. I hate the idea of more of these grackles descending into our country.
LOL! You just described most Americans I've seen on vacation in Europe. I'd say they are acclimating very nicely.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:08 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,529 times
Yep, welcome to the United States of Mexico. Press 2 for english.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:09 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't know if we should be throwing stones about loud people.

Why Americans Abroad Are So Loud and Obnoxious*|*Laura Bui
Irish café bans 'loud' Americans | Fox News

Old 08-02-2014, 07:06 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
My wife is British and she complained about loud American tourists, too. Seen it for myself, too. Some of the loudest, rudest tourists were Americans, but especially so those under 30. Even here in the US, Americans hanging around in a group when they are 17-21 years old are loud as hell. I think it's a generational thing too. Older people tend to be quieter and value quiet more than the young. But, let's blame all loud people on Hispanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Yep, welcome to the United States of Mexico. Press 2 for english.
Actually, it's Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish. It's always like that. Nice try, though

Old 08-02-2014, 08:57 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
My wife is British and she complained about loud American tourists, too. Seen it for myself, too. Some of the loudest, rudest tourists were Americans, but especially so those under 30. Even here in the US, Americans hanging around in a group when they are 17-21 years old are loud as hell. I think it's a generational thing too. Older people tend to be quieter and value quiet more than the young. But, let's blame all loud people on Hispanics

Actually, it's Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish. It's always like that. Nice try, though
EVERY nationality has their loud and annoying population, even the British. As an expat in a country with many Brits, many a dinner or lunch had been ruined sitting next to Brits who had boisterous conversations and loud laughter. The constant high cackling laughter was like chalk on a board.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:03 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Things change or didn't you know that? How long has it been "2 for Spanish"? Decades?? Since the 80s? How long has it been that an ATM machine gives you 3 to 5 choices of language? The past 2 decades? No, it hasn't "always been like that". Maybe you just aren't old enough to know better.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:17 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Things change or didn't you know that? How long has it been "2 for Spanish"? Decades?? Since the 80s? How long has it been that an ATM machine gives you 3 to 5 choices of language? The past 2 decades? No, it hasn't "always been like that". Maybe you just aren't old enough to know better.
Or, maybe, I don't live in a major metropolitan area like you do?

Old 08-02-2014, 09:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
It started with Executive Order 13166 to provide services for LEPs (Limited English Proficient)
People who say it's always been like that are probably too young to remember when it wasn't.
My son for example has always known "Press 1 for English". My son has always known checkpoint charlie at airports.
When you've never known anything different then you tend to think "well that's the way it's always been".

And states and cities are now moving beyond the typical English/Spanish and providing up to 6-7 different language options.

There are over 200+ recognized languages.
Imagine when phones support all ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration