Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 08:42 AM

10,027 posts, read 9,496,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Immigration status is a federal issue.

I like the new law, because to get that license the immigrant has to pass the driver's test and prove they can drive to our standards. With the new law they will have a license so if they do get involved in a fender bender they won't flee the scene for fear of being locked up or deported for not having a license. Safe driving on COLO streets is a local issue and I think the new law works towards that goal. That's why.
This law will not make the streets one bit safer. It sounds good on the surface, but does anyone believe that the illegals who don't pass the driving test will stop driving? All this does is reward law breakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,054,517 times
Just left Colorado 5 months ago.

Glad I did.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:05 PM

671 posts, read 689,968 times
Default Get their addresses and names, then have a "round up" and deport!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Sick, just sick. Tho I'd like to see ANY kind of US ID for illegal aliens say "Illegal Alien" on the front AND back of it in big red letters. Too; that ID SHOULDN'T protect an illegal for getting arrested for even the smallest "contact" with the cops.
Love this!!! Great idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
A DL and a joint for every illegal immigrant!
Like a chicken in every "pot".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
This was my thought too. One carload of illegals ran into my husbands vehicle and scattered like they did with my daughter. We had just paid it off and dropped the uninsured motorists insurance, so we were out a fortune: We had to buy another vehicle, he was off work for awhile, hospital and dr. bills. The entire financial responsibility fell on us, the same thing that happened to my daughter. The illegal didn't even get a fine. I think our leaders who want them here so badly, should have a fund to protect citizens who have been hurt or out a lot of money because of their actions. If it's happened to 2 people in my family, I can't even imagine how many other citizens it's happened to. And we were the lucky ones, no one was killed in the accidents they caused, which is not always the case.

No one can tell me their driving is not an issue over here.

What really gets me is that they can continue to break laws to their hearts content with no punishment. It's a law here, as I imagine it is everywhere, to have auto insurance, but they usually can't find the driver, or say something like they refuse to cooperate. If I caused an accident with injury, and took off running, that's 2 crimes right there! If they are ever deported they come back and commit more crimes, get deported, come back. The same scene plays out constantly. Even if they murder someone and are deported, they come back. Our police have killed more than several people "Well, it looked like it was a gun." Even beating an elderly man who didn't stop because he was deaf and didn't hear them. But, never an illegal. I think they know they will sue and will not get their usual "Innocent, the police were justified". Just another way they cater to them.
So sorry, Jess! You are one of the MANY victims I know where similar things happened. Also, it happened to us, but was a hit-and-run. The police commented that it was most likely an illegal who fled the scene - first, because he was illegal. Second, he probably didn't have insurance. Third, he most likely was in a stolen vehicle. That's what we've grown to expect there. Sad, isn't it?

San Antonio is well- known to have a horrible problem with illegals driving around town and causing accidents, hit-and-runs, and not having insurance.

Someone mentioned having licenses would ensure that illegals procured auto insurance. hahahaha....doesn't happen!!! Again, I use SA as an example- there are SO many drivers there without insurance. If you're hit, you're pretty much stuck with the bill...if you're lucky enough to live through it.

WHY is CO giving CRIMINALS licenses???

The ONLY way I'd approve of something like this, is that through this legal method of obtaining their names and addresses, the authorities could then, on a certain date in the near future, conduct a "round up" raid....and DEPORT all of them!

But then, we'd have to make sure to close and "lock" the border, and throw away the key!!!

whaddaya think????

Dandiday

Old 08-14-2014, 01:27 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,368,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
The ONLY way I'd approve of something like this, is that through this legal method of obtaining their names and addresses, the authorities could then, on a certain date in the near future, conduct a "round up" raid....and DEPORT all of them!
I am a mailman who delivers these driver's licenses in Washington state, which also hands out licenses to illegals. Often, I know it is an illegal because they are using the mailing address as a mail drop. They never receive one other piece of mail there before or after I deliver the license.
I deliver these licenses then, never see anything for them ever again under that name, so they are giving a false address. They don't live there.
All this supposedly is to make the streets safer. Right, like getting a license for someone who has been driving for years is really going to do that. It does attract more illegals to the state though.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I am a mailman who delivers these driver's licenses in Washington state, which also hands out licenses to illegals. Often, I know it is an illegal because they are using the mailing address as a mail drop. They never receive one other piece of mail there before or after I deliver the license.
I deliver these licenses then, never see anything for them ever again under that name, so they are giving a false address. They don't live there.
All this supposedly is to make the streets safer. Right, like getting a license for someone who has been driving for years is really going to do that. It does attract more illegals to the state though.
Ok- fair enough. Then what do YOU propose to handle this problem??? Should we give licenses to illegals, and if so, why? If not, why not?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:32 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,450,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Ok- fair enough. Then what do YOU propose to handle this problem??? Should we give licenses to illegals, and if so, why? If not, why not?
We already give them jobs, even though they are illegal.

We rent them apartments, even though they are illegal.

We sell them cars, even though they are illegal.

Then we wonder why they drive.

I'm not in the "no licenses" camp--I'm in the "don't hire them" camp. Until we get a handle on that, the rest is all chatter.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:34 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,413,607 times
No worries, the fun and games are over with, the CBP just had the largest hiring class of officers ever, the duty stations are being assigned all along our Southern borders, HSI (HOMELAND Investigators) are being assigned as well. The CBP hired 250 Officers in May and just hired another 450 Officers from the NY/NJ field office alone, the same objective and guild lines are being followed in every sector of the United States borders, "Homeland hired big time" they are all going into the Southern Sectors with full steam ahead and will hit the borders like a Freight train in the night in the next eight to twelve months.

There was a big push for promotions into "BOTAC" the paramilitary wing of the Border Patrol, they are Infantry, Airborne and Marine small boat Teams. Their skill sets include: high risk, Warrant Service, Intel, Recon, Surveillance, Airborne and Airmobile, Maritime ops, Foreign Law Enforcement, and Sniper teams, like I said, no worries.

Bortac's Selection and Training course (BSTC) is designed to mirror aspects of the US Special Force selection courses. (SFAS)

The fun and games are over.

Thank you
Knight

Old 08-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Default wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
No worries, the fun and games are over with, the CBP just had the largest hiring class of officers ever, the duty stations are being assigned all along our Southern borders, HSI (HOMELAND Investigators) are being assigned as well. The CBP hired 250 Officers in May and just hired another 450 Officers from the NY/NJ field office alone, the same objective and guild lines are being followed in every sector of the United States borders, "Homeland hired big time" they are all going into the Southern Sectors with full steam ahead and will hit the borders like a Freight train in the night in the next eight to twelve months.

There was a big push for promotions into "BOTAC" the paramilitary wing of the Border Patrol, they are Infantry, Airborne and Marine small boat Teams. Their skill sets include: high risk, Warrant Service, Intel, Recon, Surveillance, Airborne and Airmobile, Maritime ops, Foreign Law Enforcement, and Sniper teams, like I said, no worries.

Bortac's Selection and Training course (BSTC) is designed to mirror aspects of the US Special Force selection courses. (SFAS)

Thank you
Knight
Wow, sir KK, that's a lot of reassuring information! That would obviate the other question about licenses for those "new" illegals coming over the border...
I'll do some further research on this with the info you provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
We already give them jobs, even though they are illegal.

We rent them apartments, even though they are illegal.

We sell them cars, even though they are illegal.

Then we wonder why they drive.

I'm not in the "no licenses" camp--I'm in the "don't hire them" camp. Until we get a handle on that, the rest is all chatter.
Agreed. Makes perfect sense!!!

thanks, Dandiday

Old 08-14-2014, 06:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post

Thank you
Knight

Could you post up a link?

Old 08-24-2014, 09:31 PM

15,522 posts, read 10,483,166 times
Not Colorado, but yikes.

Illegal Immigrants Busted In New Mexico Drivers License Scheme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration