U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:51 AM

4,119 posts, read 4,086,293 times

Advertisements

Colorado rolls out driver's licenses for illegal immigrants

I don't even know what to say, except...

WHY?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 11:02 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,230,224 times
Stealth amnesty, that's why.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 AM

9,070 posts, read 15,517,882 times
CO is 11th to offer this:

States Offering Driver

Old 08-02-2014, 11:56 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,372,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Colorado rolls out driver's licenses for illegal immigrants

I don't even know what to say, except...

WHY?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Stealth amnesty, that's why.
Sick, just sick. Tho I'd like to see ANY kind of US ID for illegal aliens say "Illegal Alien" on the front AND back of it in big red letters. Too; that ID SHOULDN'T protect an illegal for getting arrested for even the smallest "contact" with the cops.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:58 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,925,479 times
A DL and a joint for every illegal immigrant!

Old 08-02-2014, 05:41 PM

9,070 posts, read 15,517,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Sick, just sick. Tho I'd like to see ANY kind of US ID for illegal aliens say "Illegal Alien" on the front AND back of it in big red letters. Too; that ID SHOULDN'T protect an illegal for getting arrested for even the smallest "contact" with the cops.

Immigration status is a federal issue.

I like the new law, because to get that license the immigrant has to pass the driver's test and prove they can drive to our standards. With the new law they will have a license so if they do get involved in a fender bender they won't flee the scene for fear of being locked up or deported for not having a license. Safe driving on COLO streets is a local issue and I think the new law works towards that goal. That's why.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:51 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,372,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

I like the new law, because to get that license the immigrant has to pass the driver's test and prove they can drive to our standards. With the new law they will have a license so if they do get involved in a fender bender they won't flee the scene for fear of being locked up or deported for not having a license. Safe driving on COLO streets is a local issue and I think the new law works towards that goal. That's why.
Mach 50: remember old 55 MPH speed limit? THAT was a "Federal law" AND the US states HAD to enforce it or else. So what's so different about ENFORCING other Federal laws like against illegal immigration? Tho like I said before; I'd be Ok with a some kind of ID for illegal aliens IF the cops had the power to bust them for ANY violation.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:57 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,626,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mach 50: remember old 55 MPH speed limit? THAT was a "Federal law" AND the US states HAD to enforce it or else. So what's so different about ENFORCING other Federal laws like against illegal immigration? Tho like I said before; I'd be Ok with a some kind of ID for illegal aliens IF the cops had the power to bust them for ANY violation.
Ummmm... Being here is a violation..

Old 08-02-2014, 07:00 PM

1,993 posts, read 2,316,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Maybe they will flee because they don't have auto insurance.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:09 PM

11,608 posts, read 5,575,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Maybe they will flee because they don't have auto insurance.
^You beat me to it

What I find incredulous are the ones who support giving illegals drivers licenses by saying "If they don't have licenses, how will they get to work?" Ummm...It's illegal for them to work in this country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or