Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

183 posts, read 192,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Has anyone driving across the states for a vacation lately? Just wondering how the rest stops are holding out....
This was not at a rest stop but...

TUCSON - A park employee left for dead at the Chiricahua National Monument nine months ago, Karen Gonzales, 60, was viciously beaten in broad daylight in one of the park restrooms.

The DNA evidence left behind identified 33-year-old Gilbert Gaxiola as her attacker. The Cochise Country Sheriff's Department confirms Gaxiola is an undocumented immigrant.

Gilbert Gaxiola is charged with attempted first and second degree murder, armed robbery, three counts of aggravated assault kidnapping, and auto theft. He goes to trial this summer.

Chiricahua park employee recalls near-deadly attack | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 01:30 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
You are going to have people test positive for TB, because many have been vaccinated for it. If you have been vaccinated for it, your skin test will show up positive. Additionally, your small kids will show up positive, through your titers. I've had good friends, perfectly legal, have to go through a year of antibiotics because of a positive test from having had the vaccine and their kids getting a positive test through their mom from the vaccine. I am currently engaged to a man who will always test positive to TB, because he had the vaccine.
Nice try. These people do not have the means of getting vaccinated, not to mention their places of origin do not offer a vaccination.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:33 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Nice try. These people do not have the means of getting vaccinated, not to mention their places of origin do not offer a vaccination.
It depends on where they are from.

People was the cities do have healthcare.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:35 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It depends on where they are from.

People was the cities do have healthcare.
Then why are they invading our borders if they have healthcare in their home countries? I am sure those crossing the border are from the mountains and not the cities.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Then why are they invading our borders if they have healthcare in their home countries? I am sure those crossing the border are from the mountains and not the cities.
They come from the cities too....

In fact....IMO....youth in the cities know what they do not have and want.

All of my illegal relatives lived in either Tela, or, the capital.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Their places of origin DO offer the vaccine. Whether they have the means or not, is another question. Yes, they are very poor. Doesn't mean they have not been vaccinated. There are all sorts of groups that travel the world giving healthcare to the poor. My point is, again, that because someone tests positive on the skin test does not mean they are positive for TB. Some may have had the vaccine and will always test positive. The reason why I mention it is because Americans (in general)are not aware of this.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:54 PM

183 posts, read 192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
..... There are all sorts of groups that travel the world giving healthcare to the poor..
You mean these groups that travel the world giving healthcare to the poor are not afraid of going into Central America where crime is so bad that little children are being raped, boys are being forced into gangs, people are being murdered, and violence is so bad it is driving thousands of these people to come to America. Do these groups know how bad it is in Central America ?

Old 08-05-2014, 12:14 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
You mean these groups that travel the world giving healthcare to the poor are not afraid of going into Central America where crime is so bad that little children are being raped, boys are being forced into gangs, people are being murdered, and violence is so bad it is driving thousands of these people to come to America. Do these groups know how bad it is in Central America ?
Now, Mr_Retired, are you being sarcastic? I'm not sure. Of course they do. Not me! Mind you. But there are plenty of people who do. The violence is that bad. All of that is happening, don't be fooled. Is the answer bringing everyone here? Nope. The entire thing is scary to me (what is happening there and what is happening here) but just because I can admit it's happening, and that TB can circulate freely without illegal immigration, doesn't make me the enemy.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
I know and I still go....but, I know where to go when and with who.

BTW....it is not just the gangs.....I have twice been on a bus when the army boarded the bus.....checked papers.....and took off a few young men......to join the army.

They were not very nice.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Thank you Driller1. I will just bring some rubber boots with me. The rest stops in AZ are usually far cleaner than the ones in CA for whatever reason.

Looking at those pictures...where the hell are the environmentalist when you need them? These poor souls do not have any regard for our ecology here....what a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration