U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:24 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Interesting post: if your numbers are accurate; that is an indication that American Blacks are moving up the socio-economic food chain more and more rapidly. Fewer Black people per 100 on welfare vs. 'Hispanics' (regardless of race).
In Connecticut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 05:39 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,142,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Well, the link the op gave gives the number of welfare families in each state. I got the state populations from the following website:

State and County QuickFacts

this website (US Census Bureau) gives the total population for every state (estimated 2006 population), and breaks it down into different demographic categories.
Thanks for this! This and the original link have to be consolidated, and as the data file is large, it may take me a while to combine. I hope I can post a link to an Excel file on my hard drive; otherwise, I would have to create an abstract of sorts.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM

11,456 posts, read 8,133,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
Thanks for your little story, but I don't see what that has to do with what I was talking about. What does race have to with anything? I don't get why people like you always have to bring down people bacuse they're Hispanic and ASSUME that they all love illegal immigrants. Why did the person who posted this have to bring out statistics about Hispanics getting welfare and slap a big "illegal immigration" sticker on it! It sickens me how you guys always involve a whole race as taking advantage of the goverment when they're are other Hispanics who are American and are in need of help to support their families, just like other people.

Slight difference, Hispanics on welfare keep having kids! What kind of people think its ok to keep having child after child after child when they know for a fact that they cannot possibly support them?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:56 PM

953 posts, read 741,900 times
Most Americans feel not hatred toward our (especially southern) neighbors---but the frustration of betrayal by our duplicitous leaders, as well as the sting and exasperation of the disrespect and sense of entitlement displayed by illegal aliens on our Nation's soil. Were the roles reversed and Americans poured across our neighbors borders, it would be considered an invasion by those nations. I seriously doubt their citizens, government or social systems would tolerate our illegal presence the way America has (too long), tolerated scofflaws. Yet, we are called racist, inhumanitarian, oppressors, and worse, by the disingenuous who would convince us it is OUR fault, and thus our RESPONSIBILITY, to receive those who will not stand and DEMAND dignity, liberty and opportunity from their own corrupt governances. Instead, they break and enter, and fly their flags, march, demonstrate, and make demands of their neighbor. This enrages the good and generous citizens of the United States. Our disgust, however, is reserved not for illegal aliens; but for those who betray our nation; undermine our immigration laws, and defend, support and aid scofflaws, with excuses, porous defense, and subversive attempts to hold a fire-sale of precious citizenship, in exchange for cheap votes and labor.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:04 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Default Cost of illegal immigration in California estimated at nearly $9 billion

To figure out the contributions that this immigrant population makes in taxes, the federation's study said it adjusted the Urban Institute's study estimates of $732 million for population increases and concluded that they contribute about $1.7 billion in sales, income and property taxes.

A similar study conducted by the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C., and released in August, said that illegal immigrants cost the federal government $10 billion more than they pay in taxes.

The federal government pays about $2.2 billion in medical treatment for uninsured immigrants, according to the report. It pays $1.9 billion in food assistance programs, such as food stamps and school lunches, for low-income families. And it pays $1.4 billion in aid to schools that educate illegal immigrant children.

Cost of illegal immigration in California estimated at nearly $9 billion : North County Times - Californian (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/12/06/news/top_stories/19_56_5812_5_04.txt - broken link)

The federation's full report is at: www.fairus.org.

I wonder why Ahhnold hasn't figured out why his state is bankrupt.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:08 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
welfare supplements the working poor. lots of cheating but enforcing the rules has now been deemed harrassment. all it takes is 2 civil rights actions, to kill a career. does not matter if they were unfounded or not.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
To figure out the contributions that this immigrant population makes in taxes, the federation's study said it adjusted the Urban Institute's study estimates of $732 million for population increases and concluded that they contribute about $1.7 billion in sales, income and property taxes.

A similar study conducted by the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C., and released in August, said that illegal immigrants cost the federal government $10 billion more than they pay in taxes.

The federal government pays about $2.2 billion in medical treatment for uninsured immigrants, according to the report. It pays $1.9 billion in food assistance programs, such as food stamps and school lunches, for low-income families. And it pays $1.4 billion in aid to schools that educate illegal immigrant children.

Cost of illegal immigration in California estimated at nearly $9 billion : North County Times - Californian (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/12/06/news/top_stories/19_56_5812_5_04.txt - broken link)

The federation's full report is at: www.fairus.org.

I wonder why Ahhnold hasn't figured out why his state is bankrupt.

Oh ... he knows and he's been pretty much powerless to do anything about it so long as the rest of the shop is Dem controlled. That in itself is ironic since Unions whine so hard about competition from alien labor. Get rid of the problem and Unions won't be needed.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:57 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
449,200 greater than the entire population of some states.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:02 PM

858 posts, read 2,688,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
449,200 greater than the entire population of some states.
Their EVERYWHERE Coming out of the wood work like.......

Old 12-25-2008, 02:10 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
No kidding. I wonder if those who are squatting illegally will give up and go home.

Quote:
California Crisis May Crunch $3.8 Billion of Jobs in Slowdown

South of downtown Los Angeles, a delay finishing a school building could put children in danger, said German Cerda, principal of South Gate Middle School. About a third of his 2,900 students are scheduled to move into the new building a half-mile away in 2012, relieving overcrowding inside and making nearby streets safer, he said.

On Dec. 2, a 14-year-old South Gate student was killed when a car stuck him a block away, an accident Cerda attributed to congestion.

“The biggest complaint we get from parents is what happens when the bell rings at 2:42 p.m. each day,” Cerda said. That’s the time that his students are dismissed and 3,000 more are leaving a high school down the street. “They don’t want to see another tragedy.”

Bloomberg.com: Exclusive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or