U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
 
902 posts, read 505,464 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

Radio show on immigration spurs dispute------ What do you think? Like the idea? Hate the idea? Tell us why. Myself, I love the idea, but then I love it when people are willing to get the word out about a major problem in this country.

Radio show on immigration spurs dispute

By JONATHAN ROOS REGISTER STAFF WRITER December 20, 2007
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
I love how talking about illegals means hate and bigotry!!!!!! Boy they really try to scare people into believing if you are against illegal immigration you are a racist. Looking at all the comments under the story I see many are not buying that!!!!!

I love the idea of the talks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I love how talking about illegals means hate and bigotry!!!!!! Boy they really try to scare people into believing if you are against illegal immigration you are a racist. Looking at all the comments under the story I see many are not buying that!!!!!

I love the idea of the talks.
Obviously they have no realistic or logical ammunition to rely on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2007, 01:26 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I love how talking about illegals means hate and bigotry!!!!!! Boy they really try to scare people into believing if you are against illegal immigration you are a racist. Looking at all the comments under the story I see many are not buying that!!!!!

I love the idea of the talks.

It's a strategy that has worked for years. Frequently on the big 3 networks.

Personally I think this so a good thing. Intelligent conversation about an issue critical to our nations future, right before a national election. I hope it catches on and we see it repeated over and over as the election nears. Not just about immigration either. We have a lot of domestic issues that need attention and they were totally ignored in the last few national elections taking back seat to the war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2007, 06:44 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
It's a great idea. We need everyone to be involved in this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2007, 06:55 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I love how talking about illegals means hate and bigotry!!!!!! Boy they really try to scare people into believing if you are against illegal immigration you are a racist. Looking at all the comments under the story I see many are not buying that!!!!!

I love the idea of the talks.
As I've said, many a time, illegal immigration is a legal matter. It's no different from trespassing, exceeding the speed limit, or cheating on your income tax. It's a legal problem that should be addressed and brought to a close.

Unfortunately, it is ALSO a problem of tremendous interest to RACISTS---on BOTH sides. For this reason, it has taken on a whole new layer of complexity.

Just because RACISTS are interested in the issue, though, does NOT mean it's "racist" to discuss it. If racists suddenly became interested in cleaning up the environment, or finding a cure for cancer, or producing cheap gasoline, does this mean the "rest of us" should DROP these issues? Of course not. Illegal immigration is an important issue, with or without the input from the "racists". They just make it a little harder to discuss openly than it otherwise would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2007, 09:40 AM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Reputation: 8519
Good idea, I suppose.... but like this forum, I don't think anybody is convincing anybody else of "their side."

This is an issue that pretty much has 85%-ish stacked up on one side, unprepared to care or consider the other 15%, and that 15% feverishly trying to paint the other 85 as racists for not seeing their point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Good idea, I suppose.... but like this forum, I don't think anybody is convincing anybody else of "their side."

This is an issue that pretty much has 85%-ish stacked up on one side, unprepared to care or consider the other 15%, and that 15% feverishly trying to paint the other 85 as racists for not seeing their point of view.
85% that believe in abiding by the law of the land really don't have any need to consider 15% that want to ignore the laws. There really is no dispute. It's the law. Laws need to be enforced and adhered to. If somehow the majority decide a law isn't necessary the law is changed. It isn't simply ignored because someone doesn't like the law. There really is nothing to dispute. I might better have said everyone needs to be aware of the situation. There are still some folks that aren't too aware of the invasion. They need to know the facts so they can make an informed decision on who they vote for if they want the laws enforced, as they should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top