U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:44 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Maybe he asked her multiple times because she wasn't grasping what he was saying? I know if I had to say something 5 different ways to say the same thing to someone and they still don't get it, I would come to the conclusion that they were an idiot or couldn't comprehend what I was saying. He was asking her if she was capable of understanding the laws.

Where did the cameras mysteriously come from? They sabotaged him. Why didn't they call his office and make an appointment to meet with him to discuss their issues - without a camera being present? She ended up looking foolish as well as displaying her rude, arrogant illegal behavior as so many of them do.
Of course it was a staged ambush. Typical behavior from a criminal. One would expect nothing less. They have been living a lie for how long? Countless laws have been broken and yet they want everyone to feel guilty about their plight. Want respect? Go apply for a VISA just like my own step daughter has had to do and wait to be accepted, then enter legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 05:35 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Everybody calm down and show some respect, or the thread will be closed. I don't want anyone to kneel in front of anyone else, but some basic decency and civil behavior would be a nice change. yes, even toward lawbreakers or whatnot.
Yac.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:42 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Because someone speaks English, doesn't mean they can read and write English. It also doesn't mean that they can comprehend everything they read. I think he was asking in the sense if she understood the wording of the laws. She wasn't listening to him or understanding what he was saying. Or was she just being plain arrogant and refused to listen to what he had to say and wanted to talk over him?

And the boy................seems to think he knows more about the laws than King when he started with his "lawyer" dribble.
Excellent post that IMO explains exactly what went down.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,364,259 times
Did the guy really say that the first soldier to be killed in Iraq was "undocumented"??? New one on me.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:51 AM

1,701 posts, read 883,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Did the guy really say that the first soldier to be killed in Iraq was "undocumented"??? New one on me.
The soldier was illegal and came from Guatemala. King told him that the soldier lied to get into the military and that the soldier broke the law.

Quote:
On March 21, 2003, Marine Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez, 22, of Lomita, Calif., became the first combat casualty of the war in Iraq.

Gutierrez, who was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment of the 1st Marine Division at Camp Pendleton, Calif., was killed in action in southern Iraq.

His story is what America is about.

Gutierrez was an orphan on the streets of Guatemala City, where he learned about America from the minister at a children’s shelter. At 14, he made his way to California by hopping freight trains and walking.
After being raised in California foster homes, Gutierrez joined the Marines to make money for college and to send to his sister in Guatemala.
Who Were The First Soldiers To Die In The Afghanistan And Iraq Wars? - TriCities.com: News

Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Yup...it's not their fault they were brought here as minors, but once they're 18 it is their duty and responsibility to adjust their status. If they "dream" of going to college, fine...apply as a foreign student, pay foreign student tuition, and get a visa.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yup...it's not their fault they were brought here as minors, but once they're 18 it is their duty and responsibility to adjust their status. If they "dream" of going to college, fine...apply as a foreign student, pay foreign student tuition, and get a visa.
Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) | USCIS

If they meet the rules.....maybe.

But, it will NOT adjust their status.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
He asked "Do you understand the English language?" because he asked them politely to give him a chance to respond but the woman kept running her mouth and interrupting him.

How did he "condescend" to them? As far as I could tell, he was trying to tell them where he stood on this issue and trying to make them understand that they were here illegally as were their parents. How is that being "condescending"?

This country owes these DACA kids absolutely nothing.

Great post and well stated. The only condescending thing going on here, is that they truly don't get it, nor will they ever.

Our Country is not a revolving door, or is it. This Country should not bow down to those who break the law. And be constantly rude people expecting their every whim every second of the day to revolve around them and their needs.

When they have the gull, to not respect the laws of our Country, no other Country would be accepting of such behavior.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:56 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,719,746 times
They refused to acknowledge that they and their parents had broken the law, they no answer for that and they got exposed that they don't really care about the rule of law and or don't even understand the concept

Old 08-08-2014, 07:00 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) | USCIS

If they meet the rules.....maybe.

But, it will NOT adjust their status.
Didn't say anything about DACA. I've been saying the above for years, even pre-DACA. These kids can adjust their status by leaving the country and re-entering on a student visa. Others have done it.

Time spent here as a minor out-of-status does not count towards a ban. Even the first 180 days spent here out-of-status once you turn 18 don't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or