U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 08:31 AM

30,090 posts, read 15,651,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
DREAMers Erika Andiola & Cesar Vargas confront Steve King in Okoboji, Iowa for trying to end DACA - YouTube

Steve Did a good job of talking to these people and they just keep playing the victim card. They just don't get the message.
True ignorance. She had no idea what he was saying, and she refused to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 10:15 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,690,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
True ignorance. She had no idea what he was saying, and she refused to listen.
Is this not what liberals do most of the time?

Old 08-10-2014, 02:27 PM

7,899 posts, read 3,724,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It is clear that these 2 DACA people were raised without a moral compass. Plus it was really galling to hear the guy talk about the US and call it "my country". Get a clue, kid---this is not your country.

BTW, once these kids turned 18 1/2, they are then considered to be adults and therefore out of status. It's up to them to adjust their status. Instead, they both refused to do anything about it and now think that they are entitled to stay here.

By being here, they have stolen a seat at a college that should have gone to an American citizen, legal permanent resident or foreign student.

Meanwhile, the kid whose parents didn't sneak in here but stayed in, for example, Mexico grows up and decides that he wants to go to a US state college. He has to apply for admission to the college of his choice and once accepted, has to get a foreign student visa. Not only that, he has to pay out-of-state rates. How is it fair to him that these despicable illegals get to stay here and get DACA?

Good for Steve King! We need more politicians like him who are courageous and have a spine!
For any American family who wants to put their kid with good grades and ambition into an out of state school, it boggles the mind they must pay out of state tuition when someone who shouldn't even be in this country gets in state tuition.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:50 PM

20,791 posts, read 41,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
He went back to Honduras after seven years.

Our culture was just to much for him......now he is in Japan.

My X-husband was highly educated.....he had a great job.....and he could not make it in the USA.
He had education, did he have trouble getting employment?

Curious...in what way was the culture to much for him??

Is he happier now in Japan??

Just asking, because it's interesting that, in the end, the US wasn't a good fit for him.

Quote:
I just do not think the people crossing into the USA now will do much better.
Of course, not. How could they?? These people look very primitive to me - very few life skills, from what I can see.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:37 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Just asking, because it's interesting that, in the end, the US wasn't a good fit for him.

Of course, not. How could they?? These people look very primitive to me - very few life skills, from what I can see.
He had a great job.....IMO....his employer did everything possible for him. $65,000....plus company credit cards.

All I can say is our way of life was to fast......I know that does not tell you much.

He also grew up.....no doubt.

His sister said he is doing good.....I hope he is.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:

To be honest....my x-husband was very thin.....and looked tried.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
He had a great job.....IMO....his employer did everything possible for him. $65,000....plus company credit cards.

All I can say is our way of life was to fast......I know that does not tell you much.
Well, fast pace I can understand. The warmer climates are more laid back - even here in US. Some of the California people I've "met" on CD.....well....they can't even be bothered to keep more than one thought going at a time.

Quote:
To be honest....my x-husband was very thin.....and looked tried.
LOL - say what??? Are seriously saying he was too thin for American culture? [possibly not surprised, given with our obesity rates[ And, that he looked "tired" because he was so thin? Really? I'm really not being snarky or snide - it's a serious question. Just odd that he couldn't a find a niche. In what part of the country were you living?

Old 08-10-2014, 03:51 PM

I will try to explain my X.

We lived in a mostly white area.....all white in fact.

He had no peer group.....until the summer.....then the migrants came......with beer....and drugs.

He just would not listen.....he could not drink and drive....or, smoke pot.

The migrants did smoke pot....drink and drive.....to him it was a good time.

This lead to other females......that I would not put up with.

So, in the middle of this.....my current husband came into the picture.

One night my X came home.....we were waiting....and I told him all I could do for him is off him a ride into town.

Many time my x wanted to come back.....but, fool me once.....never again.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Well, fast pace I can understand. The warmer climates are more laid back - even here in US. Some of the California people I've "met" on CD.....well....they can't even be bothered to keep more than one thought going at a time.

LOL - say what??? Are seriously saying he was too thin for American culture? [possibly not surprised, given with our obesity rates[ And, that he looked "tired" because he was so thin? Really? I'm really not being snarky or snide - it's a serious question. Just odd that he couldn't a find a niche. In what part of the country were you living?
Mid-Michigan.....he was in a migrant camp.

They walked to a little store near me.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
We lived in a mostly white area.....all white in fact.

He had no peer group.....until the summer.....then the migrants came......with beer....and drugs.

He just would not listen.....he could not drink and drive....or, smoke pot.

The migrants did smoke pot....drink and drive.....to him it was a good time.

This lead to other females......that I would not put up with.
OK, now I understand. Began associating with people from his own language 'culture' - sort of - and went the wrong way because he had no roots/identity here, other than you. And, his youth. Makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or