U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:48 PM

1,252 posts, read 725,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
That's funny because a friend of mine has been told by a local judge if his son misses anymore school he would be jailed for it...
That is funny, because the judge is obviously mis-stating the law and there would have to be the pre-conditions stated in the law before the judge could jail the parent.

Not that judges don't mis-state the law, ..that happens all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 05:37 AM

902 posts, read 505,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Oh PLEASE. In this state parents of truant children can be jailed.
yes, but you are trying to explain the law to someone who thinkls it is not illegal to come to this country illegally.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:53 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
yes, but you are trying to explain the law to someone who thinkls it is not illegal to come to this country illegally.
Excellent point Ozark. Wish I could rep you again; need to spread it around.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:09 AM

1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Baby, you appear to obtain enjoyment from lying.

As you've made that accusation before and been corrected, I suppose it's a matter that you've got some kind of selective comprehension filter you use when your false facts don't end up being true.

You've shown a tendency to make things up when you have nothing substantive to contribute.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:47 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Oh PLEASE. In this state parents of truant children can be jailed.

Same here where I live, someone from the Sheriff's office will come to your house.... hook you up and off to jail you go..LOL..

Old 12-25-2007, 12:45 AM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
They will darn sure put you in jail in Oklahoma. My son decided he didn't want to go to school any more, and his dad and I did everything to get him there, including bribery, taking his things away, etc... We had a court hearing, and we told them his dad couldn't stay late to make sure he got on the bus anymore, and I couldn't physically put him in the car to get him to school. Our county has an incredible juvenile justice center, so they locked him up instead of us, and made him do his school work there! I know there are parents who get sent to jail though.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:00 AM

3,081 posts, read 6,602,628 times
Well Boo Hoo Hoo Cry Me A Freakin River. You know if our American schools are so mean and cruel to these poor defenseless immigrants heres an idea........why dont these immigrants GO BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM, so us mean and nasty Americans cant bother them no more.....us mean Americans should be ashamed of ourselves picking on these poor people.............GIVE ME A F**KIN BREAK!!

Old 12-25-2007, 06:43 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Small side note here.

Some states mandate that kids stay in school till age 18; I graduated at age 17 so if a truant officer tried to pick me up-------I would have probably 'died' laughing!

Back to the original part of this thread; I certainly have no problem with the parents and/or guardians being held liable for their child's misdeed------provided it is the kid who gets in actual hot water, legally speaking, when it is all said and done. The one exception would be if the parents kept the kid out for flagrantly illegal reasons.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
I was in court for another reason one time and saw a judge give a $1000 fine to a couple because their son was missing the first hour of school because he would sleep in.

It's funny the double standard. Citizens are expected to follow truancy laws, but those coming over the border to take advantage of the schools and the free lunches are expected to do whatever they please, take a month long vacation because "it's their culture" and so on.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:47 AM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I was in court for another reason one time and saw a judge give a $1000 fine to a couple because their son was missing the first hour of school because he would sleep in.

It's funny the double standard. Citizens are expected to follow truancy laws, but those coming over the border to take advantage of the schools and the free lunches are expected to do whatever they please, take a month long vacation because "it's their culture" and so on.
It's just another way they are catered to malamute. Look at what these schools are doing! Getting work together to send with them! Extending the winter holiday so they'll have enough time to get back from Mexico! The American citizens have to go by the rules. Like I stated above, my son was put in the juvenile center as soon as he missed 10 days. It didn't bother me because I thought it was a good lesson for him. OTOH, I hardly ever agree with sending the parents to jail, except when they let their kids miss school just because they want to. The Judge believed us; thats why they sent my son to jail instead of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration