U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 06:02 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times

Advertisements

Oklahomans quietly passed HB-1804, or Citizens and Taxpayers Protection Act--a bill eerily similar to Arizona’s SB-1070 regarding illegal immigrants sneaking into their state. According to its website, HB-1804 is “tough on employers violating the law and prevents illegal aliens from obtaining driver licenses and benefits, while still protecting the privileges and immunities of U.S. citizens and respecting constitutional rights for all persons.”

If HB-1084 wasn’t enough, Oklahoma also has SB-1102, a bill that allows Oklahoma law enforcement to take DNA samples from all illegals for their Oklahoma database for criminal investigative purposes. Nancy Pelosi said this type of measure is “unconstitutional” but Oklahoma did what they needed to do.

And speaking of, did you know that ENGLISH is the “official language of Oklahoma”? Yes it is–because Oklahoma overwhelmingly passed State Question 751:
This measure amends the State Constitution. It adds a new Article to the Constitution. That Article deals with the State’s official actions. It dictates the language to be used in taking official State action. It requires that official State actions be in English. Native American languages could also be used. When Federal law requires, other languages could also be used.
Among other things, SQ-751 requires that driver license exams will be printed in ENGLISH ONLY. Someone has suggested that when you consider all American road signs are English, this only makes sense. If they can’t read the written drivers’ exam, how in the world are they going to know what “One Way” or “STOP” means?

Read the rest of this Patriot Update article here: Oklahoma: Passing Laws Other States Can Only Dream Of : PatriotUpdate.com #patriotupdate @patriotupdate

Oklahoma: Passing Laws Other States Can Only Dream Of : PatriotUpdate.com #patriotupdate @patriotupdate

When this happened, the president of Mexico went crying to his buddy Obama, and went to Oklahoma to tell the leaders that they were being too harsh on illegals, and that they couldn't deport them because Mexico doesn't have the resources to handle such a large amount of people. Just another thing that's our fault. The nerve of that man! Can't they accept responsibility for anything? Maybe they should hand out free birth control! Of course a lot of provisions were made, Oklahoma was sued by the United States and everybody else, so I don't know what laws they enforce from this bill. I do know that they continue to get 100% paid medical care, and all of the other welfare benefits.

I've seen illegal women with a passel of kids, and about to pop out another one, on our $$$, being interviewed. They would be whining about needing more benefits because they couldn't go to work because they couldn't afford daycare for that many kids, but they don't have to pay for their day care, DHS pays it, they just don't want to work. The reporter asked them why they kept having kids if they couldn't afford them, and they would get so indignant and say they had the right to have as many kids as they wanted to! They were so hostile & "in your face" about it. If my family and I got just the free medical care, I would be eternally grateful. I don't get their attitudes at all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 06:06 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
This just like any other can be passed all it wants however, enforcement is the key to all of it.

PS ~~ No matter who it is women do "not pop out" children, they give birth like everyone else whether they have legal status or not.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:47 PM

31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This just like any other can be passed all it wants however, enforcement is the key to all of it.

PS ~~ No matter who it is women do "not pop out" children, they give birth like everyone else whether they have legal status or not.
Well, they do pop out of the birth canal, lol.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:17 PM

13,047 posts, read 12,468,724 times
So? Most outsiders absolutely abhor the thought of moving to Okahoma, since they find it too damned backward and far right conservative. And then on top of that, the frightening tornadoes, droughts, flash floods and earthquakes.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:13 PM

222 posts, read 184,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So? Most outsiders absolutely abhor the thought of moving to Okahoma, since they find it too damned backward and far right conservative. And then on top of that, the frightening tornadoes, droughts, flash floods and earthquakes.
I'm actually thinking of moving to OK, once I'm out of collage.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:17 AM

31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
If Oklahoma weren't having an illegal alien problem then they wouldn't be implementing anti-illegal immigration laws.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:44 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

It's just a saying for goodness sakes.

Quote:
Stillwater Townie is being sarcastic. He lives in Stillwater, OK., home of OSU.
What are you doing way over here ST? And you know that it has to be a lie that leaders of other states, including New York after 9/11, didn't really go to OK to get advice on how best to help the survivors, therefore setting the "Gold Standard of Emergencies." Actually saying that OK's bombing tragedy was handled better than any they had seen. Murrah Bombing Child Survivor Moves On, Reflects - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

"I think Oklahoma City really did begin to move the field of understanding, the impact of traumatic events such as the Oklahoma City Bombing on children," Gurwitch said.

Since the bombing, Gurwitch has spent much of her time working to understand the impact of trauma and disaster on children. She's now considered one of the top experts in her field. Besides sharing what she's learned with others, she also responds to disasters nationally and worldwide. Among them: 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina.
"People really do look at Oklahoma City as a gold standard in where does the city, the community, step forward," Gurwitch said.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:59 AM

7,504 posts, read 15,962,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
I'm actually thinking of moving to OK, once I'm out of collage.
Let us know how that works out =)

Old 08-19-2014, 12:04 PM

14,195 posts, read 7,399,448 times
In my travels I found that Oklahomans were some of the nicest people I met. Just dont cross them. Sooner scooner will run you over.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:24 PM

2,176 posts, read 862,447 times
good for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or