Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

I may be way off base here:

The more and more national media focused on the Civil Rights protests starting with Rosa Parks refusing to back down in Montgomery, Al in 1956; the tide of public opinion turned against the Jim Crow laws.

Now: with the illegal immigrants' 'rights' protests in Phoenix (Pruitts comes to mind); receiving national coverage, I strongly suspect that the average American wants the above deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 10:02 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

The more and more national media focused on the Civil Rights protests starting with Rosa Parks refusing to back down in Montgomery, Al in 1956; the tide of public opinion turned against the Jim Crow laws.

Now: with the illegal immigrants' 'rights' protests in Phoenix (Pruitts comes to mind); receiving national coverage, I strongly suspect that the average American wants the above deported.
AZ - Do you know who Ted Hayes is? His organization, Choose Black America, has been actively protesting the illegal immigrant movement's appropriation of the Civil Rights movement for quite sometime.

He's a firebrand, our Ted!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:11 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
I agree, especially after Americans started seeing the Mexican flags being waved in a militant fashion.

However, I do think the media is beginning to censor themselves a bit. I hate to say it, but the media, for the most part, tends to be pro-illegal immigration, and they have caught on to the fact that Americans don't like to see militant type protests of thousands of illegals in our streets. So they have begun to deliberately not air the more in your face coverage that they tape.

That and the Spanish media in this country, especially the radio, have also begun to tell the militant protesters to tone it down because it's becoming counter productive to their cause.

Also many Black people object to the media calling the pro-illegal alien push here a civil rights fight. Black people actually had to fight for EQUAL rights, due to several hundred of years of oppression.

Illegal aliens don't want EQUAL rights. They want SPECIAL treatment. They want to be able to sneak into the United States willingly, pick and choose which laws they obey, then they want to be REWARDED with AMNESTY.

Big, big difference.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:49 AM

206 posts, read 410,634 times
Illegals demanding amnesty under the banner of Civil Rights has been one of the most outrageous aspects of their movement. First, Civil Rights refer to rights accorded to citizens of a country. The only types of rights that would cover an illegal population would be human rights.

But, the real audacity lies in the fact that these people come from openly racist cultures that despise African Americans. in fact, I've observed more racist "anti-black" sentiment from this group than from any other. If it had been up to them, I doubt African Americans would have gotten any equal rights. The descendants of Africans certainly aren't treated well in countries south of of our borders.

But, I guess they'll try to use whatever they can to get whatever they want.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:11 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

from an AA, the very thought of illegals comparing their struggles to the civil rights struggle enrages me.

blacks were denied EQUAL rights and chances to everything only because of the color of their skin. these illegals want everything handed to them on a silver platter and want better treatment over US citizens. What have these illegals done to deserve such great treatment?! IMO, nothing!

And trust me, some of these illegals give such ugly looks to AAs that people who grew up in the Jim Crow South could not believe it.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
from an AA, the very thought of illegals comparing their struggles to the civil rights struggle enrages me.

blacks were denied EQUAL rights and chances to everything only because of the color of their skin. these illegals want everything handed to them on a silver platter and want better treatment over US citizens. What have these illegals done to deserve such great treatment?! IMO, nothing!

And trust me, some of these illegals give such ugly looks to AAs that people who grew up in the Jim Crow South could not believe it.
And the irony is that dark skinned Hispanics would be subject to the Jim Crow laws as well-------even some Anglo/White folks (Sicilians for example) had to go to the 'Colored' schools.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:43 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,412 times
I guess that is what makes me so mad is hearing illegals talk about their civil rights, they do not have any! how hard is that to understand! and I just wonder who told all these people that they have the same rights as u.s. citizens.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:51 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

I agree. I'm not black, but I think the comparison to the civil rights movement is ridiculous, and it's insulting to the black people who struggled for so long and still do struggle for equal rights. Black people originally came to this country involuntarily, in chains no less, and their struggle in no way equates to illegals pouring across our borders and taking our jobs.

I've noticed some anti-black racism from Hispanics and frankly, it disgusts me. Racism of any kind disgusts me, but who do these illegals think they are...coming into OUR country illegally and having the nerve to treat blacks badly, and to compare their criminal activities to the struggles American black people endured; it's revolting.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:09 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,046,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
AZ - Do you know who Ted Hayes is?

He's a firebrand, our Ted!
Our Ted?

Quote:
Hayes’ moniker is “homeless activist.” He began cashing in on his local renown in Los Angeles when he campaigned for President Bush in 2004. As a reward he became the subject of fawning coverage in the Wall Street Journal. The Journal was pleased not only to find a black Republican to promote, but one with locked hair whom they dubbed the “Rasta Republican.” Now Hayes is the toast of Fox news, having formed the Crispus Attucks Brigade and declaring his intention to join the Minutemen along the border of the U.S. and Mexico.

The Minutemen claim to be upset only about the illegal nature of immigration. It is an inconvenient fact that self-described white supremacists have promoted the Minutemen and their effort to patrol the border. Confederate and Nazi flags have been proudly unfurled at Minutemen events.
http://www.blackcommentator.com/182/...ted_hayes.html

Our Ted?

Quote:
[size=17]Ted Hayes Quits Minutemen, Recruits Gang Members[/size]

Quote:
In the wake of his assault on a pro-amnesty protestor Sunday, Black Republican Ted Hayes quits the Minutemen. In the meantime a Hayes associate issues a call for active gang members to join Hayes new anti-migrant group, the "New Buffalo Soldiers."

Video released by Channel 2 News in Los Angeles showed clearly that Black Republican Ted Hayes assaulted a pro-amnesty counter protestor without provocation , during an anti-migrant demonstration Hayes organized in South Central LA yesterday.

Today, in the wake of bad publicity about the assault, he resigned from the Minuteman Project.
http://la.indymedia.org/news/2006/04/154839.php

Quote:
Thus did Ted Hayes become a sideshow in the grand media extravaganza from Los Angeles. He's a quixotic figure who shuns his allies and embraces the enemy, a homeless leader who can rally only a couple of dozen people to his cause among all the 40,000 homeless of Los Angeles.
http://archive.salon.com/politics/fe...litics/feature

Yep, ....he's a firebrand.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:38 AM

It does not matter what the pro illegal crowd are saying; the hammer is coming down-------fast.

Heck; as I have commented on in the past; the above are becoming more and more shrill with their rhetoric------so, us patriotic Americans are winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration