U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:53 PM

1,252 posts, read 725,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Personally, I think.....
Quite a speech, ....a bit too fanciful to reflect any credible expectations that much of it would or could be implemented, but quite the speech all the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 12:59 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I don't think we can make blanket statement about what Americans want. There are too many people that come down on all sides of the issue.

But for me, I just don't think criminals should be rewarded with amnesty for this type of behavior. What's next? Granting amnesty to burglars and rapists? The fact is illegal aliens ruin lives.

Personally, I think we need to secure the border with the military and a triple layer fence. Perhaps even put in a sort of automated defense system. Other parts of the border that are more remote could be used by the air force as a bombing range. Then federally deputize about a hundred thousand US citizens to go from door to door seizing assets and initiating deportations. Simply kick the doors in, seize their assets to cover expenses, and put the illegal aliens and their anchor babies on a cattle car to the border and toss them over the fence if necessary.

And all those Chinese illegals that are here that China simply outright refuses to take back? I'd toss them over the southern border fence as well and let the Mexican authorities deal with them.

Then as long as we have the military on the border I'd seriously consider sending them down to seize Mexico's oil fields in the Gulf. The way I figure it, Mexico has already declared war on the US costing us hundreds of billions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives. Taking Mexico's oil would simply be considered reparations. I'd also seriously consider taking the oil off of Cuba also for the same reasons.
Totally agree about seizing resources. After all, Mexico owes this country a hell of a lot after sending their poor and uneducated up here to be taken care of.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:02 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Remember without compromise this problem will not and cannot be solved.
Bull. I don't buy that for one minute. We do not have to compromise. We simply need to enforce the law.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:03 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Bull. I don't buy that for one minute. We do not have to compromise. We simply need to enforce the law.
Exactly right. No compromise and no amnesty for the criminals who hate us.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:23 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
So what is preventing them from enforcing the law now? If it was that easy to enforce the law why isn't it still being done?

Old 12-23-2007, 03:18 PM

4 posts, read 5,045 times
Yes it is about BORDER SECURITY, but also NATION SECURITY in the civilizational sense. IN my opinion this socalled discussion of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has NOTHING to do with the nobility of immigrants, but EVERYTHING to do with LATINO-POWER, both political and economic. Having achieved nothing of note over 500 years of Latino-Management of 20+ countries and 500 million people, they now find it easier to simply move in on what the Anglo-world has achieved and claim that it always belonged to THEM..... actually the typical MAFIOSO MINDSET.... (I deserve it, you don't)

just compare basic figures (starting after Columbus found the new world)
US 300 million people, $14 Trillion GDP - Anglo Europeans
LATINAmerica - 500 million people, $3T GDP - Mediterranean Europeans

Old 12-23-2007, 04:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdillon1172 View Post
Yes it is about BORDER SECURITY, but also NATION SECURITY in the civilizational sense. IN my opinion this socalled discussion of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has NOTHING to do with the nobility of immigrants, but EVERYTHING to do with LATINO-POWER, both political and economic. Having achieved nothing of note over 500 years of Latino-Management of 20+ countries and 500 million people, they now find it easier to simply move in on what the Anglo-world has achieved and claim that it always belonged to THEM..... actually the typical MAFIOSO MINDSET.... (I deserve it, you don't)

just compare basic figures (starting after Columbus found the new world)
US 300 million people, $14 Trillion GDP - Anglo Europeans
LATINAmerica - 500 million people, $3T GDP - Mediterranean Europeans
I take it you are referring to culture.

Spain; which is 'Hispanic', the per capita income is about $28K a year.

Italy; which is 'Anglo' per capita income is $30K

NOTE: both lands are 'Mediterranean' and very similar culturally and 'White', racially speaking eliminating several variables.

OTOH: Argentina, which is 97% White has a per capita income of $15K. And; most Argentines are of either Spanish or Italian lineage. So; the indigenous peoples race card does not apply------they are genetically identical to Italy and Spain.

Source: CIA World Factbook

Old 12-23-2007, 07:00 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
So what is preventing them from enforcing the law now? If it was that easy to enforce the law why isn't it still being done?
Illegals are being arrested - and immediately deported

Sanctions against those who employ illegals are being taken

Barriers are being constructed along our southern borders - planning for barriers along our northern borders is in the works

Stepped up enforcement / patrols by our Border Patrol are ongoing

Increasing the number of Border Patrol agents is taking place

Local law enforcement being trained to arrest / detain / deport on a local level is taking place

Withdrawal of welfare benefits is happening in many states (to those here illegally)

The number of illegal crossings is coming down -

Etc

Etc

Old 12-23-2007, 07:08 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
I have observed something very interesting about the so called "anti-illegall" movement. They don't really care about the Border being secured, as long as there is no "amnesty" for the undocumented immigrants that's okay with them. Let's say the congress proposes an immigration bill to bring 300,000 troops to guard the border and implement a nation wide employer verification system and then require illegall immigrants who have been here longer than 4 years and without a criminal record to pay a fine and become legal. They will ignore ALL the good this bill will do to secure the border and control illegal immigration just because some illegall immigrants will be able to become legal and oppose this bill. Am i right or wrong on this one? Remember without compromise this problem will not and cannot be solved.
Wow, that's a pretty all encompassing statement about a group of people which number in the millions. How do you know that's how "they" feel? Did you call them on the telephone? Drop them an email? Talk about it over coffee with "them?"

Personally, as one of "them," I can tell you that not only do I want the border secured, but I want the sovereign laws of my country enforced--that means no gimmies for lawbreakers and NO jumping to the head of the line in front of those who honor and respect this country by obeying her laws and applying for citizenship the good old fashioned way--legally.

Here's my compromise.

If you are an illegal alien, go back to your homeland and apply legally for citizenship in this country the same way millions of people, including my paternal grandparents, have done before you and wait your bloody turn.

See? Compromise.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:08 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I take it you are referring to culture.

Yes. What's wrong with keeping our American culture, our American history and values? Our Constitution?

When you look around at which countries are most successful, they are pretty much the English speaking countries. We're with Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand in culture and language and standard of living.

Why do some look at the unstable countries to the South and want us to become like them?

In the Western Hemisphere, the three countries with the highest standard of living and literacy rates are the USA, Canada, and Barbados. All English speaking nations with a common British colonial history. We have a proud cultural tradition and it's worth hanging onto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration