U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:43 PM

64 posts, read 137,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Relax. This will be different. No racial profiling. We'll ALL suffer equally.
yeah, right... cops would never resort to racial profiling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 06:21 PM

902 posts, read 506,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrros View Post
yeah, right... cops would never resort to racial profiling
How about you worry about the actual citizens and legal immigrants of this country and stop worrying about those illegal criminal vermin that have such low morals that they think nothing of breaking any and every law they deem necessary for their existance in a country that does not want them?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
How about you worry about the actual citizens and legal immigrants of this country
i am. this whole illegal immigrant bashing is just a red herring. we are moving towards a totalitarian state and i am denouncing this.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
i am. this whole illegal immigrant bashing is just a red herring. we are moving towards a totalitarian state and i am denouncing this.
Like most Third World countries (the source of most illegal immigrants) are presently?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Like most Third World countries
you mean like Arizona, where Gestapo-like tactics are tolerated?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Sure you are. The only thing you are denouncing is anyone who speaks out against the illegals.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
No, like Mexico who will imprison anyone who happens to be an illegal and of course are more corrupt than our government, and that is saying a lot.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Funny that you mention my state: a Latina here was complaining to me about the invasion of people from SOB. Do you dare call that lady a White Supremacist? I think not.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
No, like Mexico who will imprison anyone who happens to be an illegal and of course are more corrupt than our government, and that is saying a lot.
No joke there; I pity a Guatemalan or similar trying to traverse Mexico to the USA-------said person would be in deep doo-doo- if the Mexican La Migra caught him or worse, her.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:04 PM

307 posts, read 458,295 times
Default Not a police state.....

Will you folks READ the article. They are not stopping Grandma and asking "for her papers". It says "Police in suburban Scottsdale have begun routinely asking for proof of citizenship from every suspect they arrest ". That's ARREST as in you have been taken in by the police. Most countries in the world do this exact same thing, and many without requiring an arrest.

Try going to Mexico, Japan and Thailand and not showing a police officer a VALID passport AND current visa if you are arrested. I've been stopped by police in all three and they asked for my papers even though I was just a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped for a simple traffic violation.

I am all for supporting Our constitutional rights, however I see NO violation when a person has been lawfully arrested.

And before anyone starts with the argument "But how do we know it was a lawful arrest, the officer could be racist?" that argument applies to ALL laws. A racist officer could frame a person for ANY NUMBER of crimes, yet that hardly justifies not having such laws. Instead we need to stand up IF such violations occur.

All those people who scream "But the constitution is being shreaded" are making matters worse. The American public has become so desensitized to that claim that when it actually happens no one will pay attention. Stop Crying Wolf.

Random U
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or