Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:09 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Great point, Choctaw . . .

If one has nothing to hide . . . NO BIGGEE!
"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" Ben Franklin

I find it appalling that any American would consider having to carry "papers" tolerable. We really have become a nation of fear filled whiners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 06:14 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
This is good and it makes sense. Go ahead and cry racism and/or bigotry you pro-illegal criminal lovers. These type of laws and actions are going to spread and keep spreading until we rid the country of the vermin.

Cops in Scottsdale, Ariz., now routinely ask suspects for proof of citizenship
Very good.
Deport them and their anchors now.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post

I find it appalling that any American would consider having to carry "papers" tolerable. We really have become a nation of fear filled whiners.
You may have spoken too soon:

Us Americans are starting to stand up against those people (both criminals here illegally as well as their enablers) who keep throwing the 'race card' when they do not get their way.

Like the little boy who cried 'wolf': fewer and fewer of us Gringos (of any race/ethnicity) pay any attention except to laugh.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
A driver’s license does not establish any type of citizenship, it only establishes residency; which is why any legal resident who is not a US citizen can legally obtain a driver’s license.
Hence, the reason why states should not issue Drivers licenses to anyone unless they can prove they are in the country legally

Old 12-24-2007, 06:45 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Hence, the reason why states should not issue Drivers licenses to anyone unless they can prove they are in the country legally
Thank you, Greatday.

A very valid point!

Old 12-24-2007, 06:50 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:

I could not agree more, greatbasinguide.

However, this is not the same world Ben Franklin was living in.

I have a feeling even he would agree that the present conditions have changed and a few "freedom compromises" are mandatory.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:52 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:

Thank your government for that.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

Do you find it appalling that the government is confiscating many thousands of dollars from us to support the open borders?

Old 12-25-2007, 10:53 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
If they don't carry them, then now is the time to start carrying them. I have no reason to be upset if I am asked for proof. I don't currently carry my Birth cert but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. It doesn't cost very much to get an extra certified copy.
Yes, but god forbid my purse should be snatched with my birth cert or passport in there; what a nightmare the consequences could be. I never carry any picture ID except for my driver's license and that's only because I'm required to carry it when driving my car. My birth cert and (expired) passport are under lock and key in my house and that's where they'll stay.

If I'm picked up and asked to provide proof of citizenship then I'd be more than happy to have the authorities accompany me to my home so I can show them the docs, but I'm not carrying them around with me. Hell to the NO.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:05 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
Quote:
Thank your government for that.
personal responsibility trumps the gov't, I should hope you think that way. The citizens of this country have become a herd of namby pamby whiners. This immigration forum provides ample evidence of that. At this point in time, I believe America deserves what it gets. If this was the 19th century most Americans would be too frightened and too baby like to have jumped into the wagon and headed west.

I have no sympathy for those who complain about what is going on in this country. For far to long the citizens have allowed the corporations to take control. Every country gets its decline, America's may just well be happening.

Quote:
Do you find it appalling that the government is confiscating many thousands of dollars from us to support the open borders?
This statement makes very little sense. Please explain yourself.

I find it appalling that the current administration has put this country at the financial mercy of the Communist Chinese.
I find it appalling that there are 70,000 lobbyists in Washington DC
I find it appalling that there are those who support the free enterprise system and Capitalism yet whine when corporations and employers seek the least expensive labor costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration