U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:06 PM

206 posts, read 365,812 times

Advertisements

Your analogy is ridiculous: Those illegals who are leaving (and I doubt it's majority) are doing so of their own their accord because the economic outlook in the U.S. is changing, not because they're being re-located to concentration camps.

And, if you think those few instances where ICE deports criminal aliens to their own country is tantamount to the Nazi's treatment of the Jews, then what do you think of the way Mexico treats its alien population? Heck, what can be said for the way it treats its own citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 06:11 PM

64 posts, read 137,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

IFthe law was changed ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Are you implying that we intend to rescind the citizenship of 'Browns' as you call them?
I think you two are on to something here.....

Old 12-26-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Driveby shootings specifically directed against American Blacks because of their race. That would qualify as genocidal.
drive by shootings are certainly homicidal, but not genocidal.

genocide : the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

http://m-w.com/dictionary/genocide

Old 12-26-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
Or, you can just continue playing the race card.
or, you may follow your own advice....

Old 12-26-2007, 06:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
It is over:

Hence the pro illegal crowd becoming more and more shrill with their collective use of the 'race card', etc.

Anymore; I simply sit back and smile

Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 PM

206 posts, read 365,812 times
They also apparently use terms they don't understand, even after reading and posting their definitions.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:28 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
They also apparently use terms they don't understand, even after reading their definitions.
Indubitably

Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Your analogy is ridiculous: Those illegals who are leaving (and I doubt it's majority) are doing so of their own their accord because the economic outlook in the U.S. is changing, not because they're being re-located to concentration camps.

And, if you think those few instances where ICE deports criminal aliens to their own country is tantamount to the Nazi's treatment of the Jews, then what do you think of the way Mexico treats its alien population? Heck, what can be said for the way it treats its own citizens?
This last line shows the over-the-top surreal quality of this whole silly comparison with Nazi Germany, etc., and our present-day situation here in the States. The US is "discussing" possibly "returning" a few people---a TINY, criminal percentage of many MILLIONS of trespassers who should never have been here in the first place. And, as blue pekoe points out, the "frosting on the cake" is the fact the LOUDEST criticism comes from Mexico, whose cold, callous, and criminal disregard of its OWN people has resulted in what amounts to their "deportation", earlier from their OWN homeland. That's why they're HERE! Then they have the AUDACITY to claim emotional ties to "querido Mexico"....like a beaten woman who defends 'her guy', I guess..but she doesn't get much sympathy from me, as long as she has that attitude. You like your abuser so much? Fine--go home.

The duplicity and sheer hypocrisy takes one's breath away. Tell me again how this is like "Nazi Germany"? Absolute unadulterated nonsense, so outrageous that it would be comical, if it weren't such an important issue. I guess if I moved with my entire extended family of 97 people into Bill Gates' mansion, stayed for months until he finally took legal steps and kicked 3 of is out, he'd be "evicting is"?

Pretty hard to take these charges seriously. And not a bit funny, either. The "real" victims of Nazi Germany must be turning over in their mass, unmarked graves...

Old 12-26-2007, 06:57 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrros View Post
so that the analogy can be understood:

nazis--> perscute Jews so they get out
Minutemen--> persecute "Browns" so they get out
If someone breaks into my home, steals my money, eats all the food in my refrigerator and I then tell him to leave when I return home I would not consider that 'persecuting' him. He was never supposed to be in my home in the first place.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,041,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marisol1130 View Post
I'd just like to remind all of you that when you go out to eat at your nice upscale restaraunts, ALL the food that you are stuffing your faces with is prepared by the same people that you are degrading and insulting. Think about that for a second. Give a whole new meaning to Montezuma's Revenge gabachos...! Be careful of who you insult.
You trying to say it's not safe for me to eat at Burger King anymore? Dayum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration