U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 06:18 AM

1,701 posts, read 883,664 times

Advertisements

Attorney Kris Kobach's fight against Obama's immigration policies.

Win or not, I like this guy just for making the effort.

This Kansas Lawyer Is Planning To 'Torpedo' Obama's Major Immigration Changes - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 09:01 AM

559 posts, read 1,180,345 times
I've often wondered why no one whose family member was killed by an illegal, a parent of a child who was molested by an illegal or the proviable DWI illegal hasn't sued the federal government for not doing their job. I've seen businesses get sued for not clearing ice DURING an ice storm over a fall in the parking lot. Why should the government get a free pass for ignoring their own laws at the detriment of the citizens of this Country.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:00 PM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
I've often wondered why no one whose family member was killed by an illegal, a parent of a child who was molested by an illegal or the proviable DWI illegal hasn't sued the federal government for not doing their job. I've seen businesses get sued for not clearing ice DURING an ice storm over a fall in the parking lot. Why should the government get a free pass for ignoring their own laws at the detriment of the citizens of this Country.
You're right the government should be sued for not protecting our borders as they should and then actually allowing illegal aliens to remain here rather than be deported as our laws state.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,948 times
Because the government has immunity except in cases of direct negligence. If a Post Office truck rear ends you at a stop light, the USA can be sued. But an individual's criminal action can't be held against the government. A business is responsible for keeping its premises safe, so if a business allows dangerous ice to form and someone hurts themself, the business can be sued. Maybe one of the lawyers on this list can help clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post

Old 08-25-2014, 06:21 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right the government should be sued for not protecting our borders as they should and then actually allowing illegal aliens to remain here rather than be deported as our laws state.

I agree with you both also. Very sad, that as a Country we do not have a backbone on this issue. It is like we have caved in, and I hate that.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 AM

25,357 posts, read 16,295,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Because the government has immunity except in cases of direct negligence. If a Post Office truck rear ends you at a stop light, the USA can be sued. But an individual's criminal action can't be held against the government. A business is responsible for keeping its premises safe, so if a business allows dangerous ice to form and someone hurts themself, the business can be sued. Maybe one of the lawyers on this list can help clarify.
I absolutely agree with that, because the people that then have to pay are the TAXPAYERS. The individual government employees should be the ones that are sued for committing criminal acts. In this case, that should start with a president that REFUSES TO DO HIS JOB, and goes out of his way to make this country unsafe with a policy of aiding, abetting and encouraging criminal activity.

I don't hold much hope. Government employees are never held to the same standards as private employees.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 AM

673 posts, read 552,452 times
Default Nice to see who might be fighting the harmful immigration floods...

Thanks for posting...I'll have to do more research on Kris Kobach, and the particulars of his lawsuit. Especially when this so-called new "plan" by O comes out.

One wonders why his administration continues to make such blunders without having the foresight of consequences...intended, unintended, or otherwise. (Besides the obvious agendas and lack of experience...)

What a "fine mess we're in" to quote a phrase...

Dandiday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or