U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:38 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
Where did you read that the US always gives citizenship to illegal immigrants? This current administration is one of the more aggressive in deporting illegal immigrants.
Um no, this administration has the worst record for deporting illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all, no one is talking about doing "mass deportations". Instead, make E-verify the law of the land and run everybody in the work force through it to get rid of the 8 million no-match SSNs. Next, fix that glaring loophole in the law that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. As it stands now, scores of people could be using your SSN right now but not your name with it. The SSA won't tell you about this. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing tax returns on a job you never worked. We also need to put an end to the whole anchor baby/birth tourism baby fiasco.

We don't need to push for so-called "immigration reform". We need to take away the freebies and incentives plus secure the border.

As for this whole nonsense of declining birth rate---what do you want exactly? A country with 1 billion people and not enough potable water? You know, just like India.

At one time liberals were all about ZPG (zero population growth). They were very concerned about depleting resources. Now, they've done a 180 and want to overpopulate the country, which is very, very wrong.

With E-verify being the law of the land, many (if not most) employers won't be able to get away with hiring illegals. That should either end or seriously cut down on sleazy employers who deliberately hire cheap, exploitable, illegal labor.

I don't feel "culturally overwhelmed" when it comes to legal immigration. However, I think that it is insane to allow 1 million legal immigrants into this country on an annual basis. It's also insane to base this on chain migration.
All true points. We wouldn't feel culturally overwhelmed if we didn't have so many here both legally and illegally from one ethnic group. Diversity in our legal immigration numbers would end that feeling and also ending illegal immigration.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:56 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,814,252 times
Mass emigration is the thing that is destroying (what used to be Great) Britain, but thanks to our Political Correct Governments, Labour and Conservative, we are growing by around 300,000 people a year on average. We now have 64million people living in the UK, (if we where the size of China the British population would shadow the Chinese!) and with a housing crisis here and the NHS starting to buckle, we cannot afford to carry on the way we are! So America and Canada alike have it good!

Old 08-27-2014, 04:43 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talmud2 View Post
""somebody who "looks MEXCIAN and speaks Spanish ain't too SMART" ??? ""

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here. YOU wouldn't know the difference between a person from Honduras or a person from Nicaragua ! you probably think ALL "Mexican" look the same as well ! or all "Cubans" look the same, or look like "Mexicans".....or that Puerto Ricans aren't citizens. What a poor fool.
It's the truth. I'm of Irish family with the flaming red hair and freckles. 100 years ago I'd make damn sure to play DOWN my Irish heritage to avoid discrimination, an ass kicking or worse because we had a real bad rep. Sheesh!

Old 08-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
This is the illegal immigration forum, not hate on Mexicans and/or Hispanics forum. Mexican/Hispanic is not a synonym for Illegal regardless of how much some of you would want that.
Yac.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:35 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's the truth. I'm of Irish family with the flaming red hair and freckles. 100 years ago I'd make damn sure to play DOWN my Irish heritage to avoid discrimination, an ass kicking or worse because we had a real bad rep. Sheesh!
100 years ago, that might have been necessary. Sounds like to me, you'd rather all Hispanics would just shut themselves into the closet, like the gays, don't you? Well, guess what, welcome to 2014. Nobody should be forced to go back into the closet just because they're Hispanic

Old 08-28-2014, 07:26 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
100 years ago, that might have been necessary. Sounds like to me, you'd rather all Hispanics would just shut themselves into the closet, like the gays, don't you? Well, guess what, welcome to 2014. Nobody should be forced to go back into the closet just because they're Hispanic
It's already happening; many "Hispanics" who wanna be "American" are starting to hide being that like by changing their names, speaking English ONLY and so on so they DON'T get lumped in with illegal aliens from LatAm.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:56 AM

No one is suggesting that Hispanics hide in a closet. All that is being said is that they must come here legally (as should all potential immigrants) and assimilate into our society. Also, those already here legally or are citizens of our country should take a stand against illegal immigration not be an advocate for it. That is a part of the assimilation process. This is what happens when our "immigration" numbers aren't diversified. Colonization occurs instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration