U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:46 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Add to all your saying that they are stealing the identities of Americans so they will have fake paperwork to get those jobs.
and that can be a real nightmare, Lindsey.

A neighbor of a friend of mine had her ID stolen and it took over a year of diligent work to clean up the mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 10:47 PM

336 posts, read 758,755 times
I Haven't Worked For A Few Years, But I Don't Remember Making Much More Then 1,200 Per Month!when I Lived In La County(70's) Many Social Service Jobs I Was Interested In Depended On Being Bilingual, Ie Spanish..which I Don't Speak,which Held Me Back.if I Could Make 1,200
Per Week, I'd Go Back To Work, Learn Spanish And Anything Else Required.i'll Willingly Pay All Taxes Required And All My Own Medical Bills!

Old 12-25-2007, 01:00 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
When an Illegal uses a citizens SS# for a job, then when taxes are deducted for his income, who is credited for the taxes?

Old 12-25-2007, 01:21 PM

3,081 posts, read 6,604,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Do you how many Americans period would kill to bring home $1200 a week?
Its getting to the point where we almost have to kill to make that much!

Old 12-25-2007, 01:59 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
When an Illegal uses a citizens SS# for a job, then when taxes are deducted for his income, who is credited for the taxes?
And when an Illegal doesn't pay enough in? Or if the combined income of the illegal and the victim puts the victim into a higher tax bracket who endures the misery?
OR
When the illegal destroys the victims credit rating who endures the headaches that come with it?
In a perfect world all illegals would be legal.
All illegals would be considerate of the victims woes.
The reality is that Illegals could care less about the havoc they reap upon others. They only care about themselves and not getting caught and in that order. Their victims never enter into their equation.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:25 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
They may pay social security taxes but illegals who use stolen social security numbers are fully aware that if they declare a lot of exemptions, they will have not FICA taken out.

I would suspect in many cases the employer knows full well he's hiring illegals with stolen social security numbers and simply pockets what he deducts from the paycheck. Just another way to profit from illegals.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:34 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They may pay social security taxes but illegals who use stolen social security numbers are fully aware that if they declare a lot of exemptions, they will have not FICA taken out.

I would suspect in many cases the employer knows full well he's hiring illegals with stolen social security numbers and simply pockets what he deducts from the paycheck. Just another way to profit from illegals.
EXACTLY, malamute

Maximum withholdings and then whatever is withheld is not reported.

Check with someone who has had their ID stolen and used by an Illegal . . . A NIGHTMARE!

Old 12-25-2007, 02:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

And that's another business that doesn't deserve to be in operation.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:22 PM

463 posts, read 477,095 times
Thank you god.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 AM

2,290 posts, read 4,948,013 times
Quote:
Illegal Alien Bringing Home $1,200.00 Per Week

The fact that someone employed the man to do the work--and that we don't know who that employer is--says a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or