U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 08:29 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,817,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
LOL, LOL

The whitehouse and congress have no say here. This is all happening at the state and municipal level as they enforce Federal law already on the books. Bush already tried to blow an amnesty by us and we shouted him down

The people are speaking
Really? don't you know immigration enforcement etc is a federal responsibility? After the elections the dems will pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill and there is nothing any one can do about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,526,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, when the pro- immigration dems sweep the elections in 2008 ie more seats in the house, senate and the white house, we will see who'll be crying and laughing. When the republicans find out immigration is a non-factor in 2008 they will soften their stand and pass legalization.
First off - there are many, many democrats who oppose illegal immigration and are for strong measures to punish those who hire illegals

Then, there are the citizens - you know - the PEOPLE - who are DEMANDING action be taken -

And, not only is illegal immigration an issue NOW but, it will be MORE of an issue in the coming years

Get used to it

Old 12-27-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Really? don't you know immigration enforcement etc is a federal responsibility? After the elections the dems will pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill and there is nothing any one can do about it.
Don't you know that employer sanction laws are state responsibilities - inasmuch as it is the states who issue the business license?

Old 12-27-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
AGREED!!!!! You will notice that there are a greater number lately in this group. Gotta love the fact that they know that they are losing.
So every one that doesn't agree with your views is a troll? Did i miss anything about this forum being for ONLY those who scapegoat illegal immigrants?

Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
So every one that doesn't agree with your views is a troll? Did i miss anything about this forum being for ONLY those who scapegoat illegal immigrants?
Actually, it seems that your intentions are only to personally attack other posters who do not agree with you.

We will let the moderators decide if your posts are appropriate.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First off - there are many, many democrats who oppose illegal immigration and are for strong measures to punish those who hire illegals

Then, there are the citizens - you know - the PEOPLE - who are DEMANDING action be taken -

And, not only is illegal immigration an issue NOW but, it will be MORE of an issue in the coming years

Get used to it
Who doesn't oppose illgal immigration? I want the border secured, employers punished BUT like many democrats, i want a legalization program and a WORKABLE guest worker program. That's the difference between me and you,

Old 12-27-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Who doesn't oppose illgal immigration? I want the border secured, employers punished BUT like many democrats, i want a legalization program and a WORKABLE guest worker program. That's the difference between me and you,
Really? I have supported an employer sponsored guest worker program for years.

As for those here illegally now, I support their returning to their country of origin (as many now are on their own) and applying for re-entry.

I do not and will not ever support amnesty as it is nothing more than rewarding illegal behavior

Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Actually, it seems that your intentions are only to personally attack other posters who do not agree with you.

We will let the moderators decide if your posts are appropriate.
Sure they can read through my posts and they will find out i Never attack posters personally unlike Ozark baby and some on here. I just find the level of hypocricy on here staggering sometimes.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Really? I have supported an employer sponsored guest worker program for years.

As for those here illegally now, I support their returning to their country of origin (as many now are on their own) and applying for re-entry.

I do not and will not ever support amnesty as it is nothing more than rewarding illegal behavior
Punishing people by paying heavy fines, standing at the back of the line etc is not amnesty to me.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:41 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,785,343 times
Quote:
Punishing people by paying heavy fines, standing at the back of the line etc is not amnesty to me.
Thank you.

No more amnesty--------------period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration