U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,745,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Punishing people by paying heavy fines, standing at the back of the line etc is not amnesty to me.
It is to me. I recall $2000 being bandied about as the 'heavy fine' back when the Comprehensive Scamnesty Bill was being discussed. That is not a heavy fine. Illegal aliens pay more than that to the coyotes who smuggle them into the US. Furthermore, once LaRaza and the ethnic grievance lobby comes into play there will undoubtedly be 'hardship exemptions' so that many illegals will end up paying no fine at all.
As for sending them to the back of the line, when legal immigrants wish to emigrate to the US they are required to wait in their home countries until their application is approved- why should the illegal aliens be allowed to wait in the US? If they are truly going to go to the back of the line and follow our immigration procedures then they need to return to their home countries to await approval, too.
I realize the last big amnesty occurred before you were born, Prologic. Those of us who are old enough to remember the promises that were made and never kept back then realize that another similar blanket amnesty now will only result in millions more illegal aliens in the US. Waiting for the next serial amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 05:07 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,738,611 times
I wonder if it is possible to communicate this in a way that it will be heard. Employers do not know who is legal and who is not. They used to, many years ago, but today all those who show up for work have the appropriate paperwork.

I shall say it again, Employers do not know which of their employees is legal or not, unless the employee tells them. Those of you who continue saying that our family company knowingly employed illegals do not know what they are talking about. The company, like all companies hire those who walk in the door seeking employment with the correct paperwork. If the paper work is forged, there is no way for the Employer to know that.

Is that settled?

Let me paint a picture, Farmer Ed pulls into the coffee shop in his Ford F250 fourbyfour with his smith and wesson decal and his Bush Cheney bumpersticker. He hitches up his jeans with the large rodeo belt buckle, pulls his John Deere hat down over his eyes and walks in to visit with his friends, he states with a big smile;

"hey guys, I hired me some real fine illegals today, I am so proud". His friends congratulate him and tell he should be right proud to have hired him some real illegals"

Some how I have a tough time picturing this.

Last edited by greatbasinguide; 12-27-2007 at 05:16 PM..

Old 12-27-2007, 05:29 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,471,949 times
If ICE can find out who is illegal you damn well better figure it out in a hurry or you are in danger of heavy fines and losing your Biz license

Is that settled

Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,061,807 times
When one talks with people that hire illegals they will give you a line of BS that they can't tell who is legal or illegal. Social Security has an online service for employers to use for verifying Social Security numbers through Social Security records.

Example:

If a mexican named Hector Garcia came to your company for a job and you run the SS # on the application and it comes back from Social Security registered to William J smith, would that not throw up a red flag for anybody.
You can also get software to run back ground checks from traffic record to criminal records, I used it in my trucking company.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:08 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,787,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I wonder if it is possible to communicate this in a way that it will be heard. Employers do not know who is legal and who is not. They used to, many years ago, but today all those who show up for work have the appropriate paperwork.

I shall say it again, Employers do not know which of their employees is legal or not, unless the employee tells them. Those of you who continue saying that our family company knowingly employed illegals do not know what they are talking about. The company, like all companies hire those who walk in the door seeking employment with the correct paperwork. If the paper work is forged, there is no way for the Employer to know that.

Is that settled?

Let me paint a picture, Farmer Ed pulls into the coffee shop in his Ford F250 fourbyfour with his smith and wesson decal and his Bush Cheney bumpersticker. He hitches up his jeans with the large rodeo belt buckle, pulls his John Deere hat down over his eyes and walks in to visit with his friends, he states with a big smile;

"hey guys, I hired me some real fine illegals today, I am so proud". His friends congratulate him and tell he should be right proud to have hired him some real illegals"

Some how I have a tough time picturing this.
This is why we need to switch to a National biometric tamper proof ID card for everybody in the country legally (Citizen and immigrant).

Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 PM

I for one would refuse to carry it. What a supreme example of a Bolshevik National Government trampling upon states rights and personal rights.

I think of the Soviet Union, everyone had a national ID, complete with religious affiliation, made it easier to discriminate against Jews.

How about a national ID card with a gps tracking unit in it, that would allow the government to track each person, the technology is there. I bet some would find it a great idea.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:06 PM

17,287 posts, read 25,162,551 times
Quote:
I for one would refuse to carry it. What a supreme example of a Bolshevik National Government trampling upon states rights and personal rights.

I think of the Soviet Union, everyone had a national ID, complete with religious affiliation, made it easier to discriminate against Jews.

How about a national ID card with a gps tracking unit in it, that would allow the government to track each person, the technology is there. I bet some would find it a great idea.
Of course you'd be against it. It would remove the "plausible deniability" factor that you keep saying employers have vis-a-vis hiring illegals.

And "Bolshevick national government?" A little dramatic, don't you think?

Old 12-27-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Of course you'd be against it. It would remove the "plausible deniability" factor that you keep saying employers have vis-a-vis hiring illegals.
You would submit to a national id card? Appalling. Jefferson would turn over in his grave, but Hamilton would likely approve.

And no, a National ID card, is something I expect from Bolsheviks, or Communists, or Fascists, or Nazis or other totalitarian governments, not from a Government of the People, by the People and for the People.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,858,187 times
Quote:
You would submit to a national id card? Appalling. Jefferson would turn over in his grave, but Hamilton would likely approve.

And no, a National ID card, is something I expect from Bolsheviks, or Communists, or Fascists, or Nazis or other totalitarian governments, not from a Government of the People, by the People and for the People.
One thing I have noticed (airport screening comes to mind) is that when 'Draconian' rules go into effect; they tend to be 'watered down' as time goes on once the immediate threat diminishes.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:03 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,028,975 times
Quote:

hum now this is a stickey wickett. I think I have to agree with you on this one about national ID's
However, there still are ways to verify proper identity if one so chooses. Just something so simple as a copy of the state driving record can tell a lot....unless of course you are in Michigan.
One can also verify references and previous places of employment and if necessary a criminal records check. Not to mention the SS number base.
Also, you can tell from the first three digits what state a SSN was issued in. Some guy comes in saying he has lived in California all his life and the first three say.......Oklahoma......that just might be a clue.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration