U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 09:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Knock me over the head with a feather. If a senior citizen after 50 years or more in the work place can be replaced by a Mexican with a 6th grade education then they made some seriously poor decisions along the way. And besides, I have seen no hispanics greeting people at the door of Walmart.

If a Senior citizen needs to work at all, they made some seriously poor decisions along the way.
I find senior citizens who may have made bad decisions to be of infinitely superior character than those who are so morally bankrupt as to staff a business with illegal employees. Leaving the hapless US taxpayer to suffer the consequences while they rake in the dough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,708,575 times
I think ya'll are excusing people who made poor choices. I find that odd, but odder still are the statements made that I am some how better, or perfect, or had things handed to them.

Each person, including, oh my god, me. got to make a series of decisions from the day they entered the workplace. Those decisions needed to include what life might be like at retirement time, worst case scenario. One of those decisions should have, or if you are a youngin, should now include buying real estate in an area that will likely appreciate. You should also own your bail out real estate, the area that you would like to relocate to upon retirement.

If you depended or depend on Social Security for retirement you are making a big mistake.

Since most of us will reach retirement age, what we do at that time should be part of our planning.

After Vietnam I was done with thinking we lived in a 'special' or moral country I came home and went to work, I spent most of my younger years as a logger/Forest Service firefighter during the summers and a ski area worker (Patrol) in the winter. I lived in paradise in the mountains and lived very conservatively. In order to supplement my income I guided hunts and trips in Nevada. I consider the mere presence of a roof a bit boring. However I done good, because I chose my land with an eye to the future, the sale of it will finance my "declining years" when I moved to it we snowmobiled in 5 miles from the highway, my son got to school by snowmobile. When the county paved and began plowing the road the real estate value increase made money. I now live on the coast with a slew of toys, sailboats Horses, motorcycles, wife and one kid left. Why the coast? A small parcel of unfarmable land with a very small house, that takes nearly no money to keep running.

Most of my life has been a hoot. Creative poverty, or he who dies with the most toys wins. I am very much a type S person, if your hobby does not put your life on the line, why bother.

I did nothing that anyone with a reasonable imagination could not do.

What I do see is that most people are not very imaginative, they want a house like everyone else, in a cookie cutter neighborhood, they want a boring job where the likelihood they will live through the day is overwhelming, day in day out sameo sameo

Rather than testing their minds and bodies to their limit "faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes fear of death" they live lives of limitations.

If ya'll had to spend your time dealing with elemental issues, what some Mexican guy is doing is not going to weigh very big in your life.

I think this country is going to hell in a hand basket, I don't think it is the illegals that are wrecking it, I think it is the citizens who allow immoral morons to run this country and as long has they have their TV they are happy. I no longer care, The America that created America is gone, replaced by soft pudgy people with nothing to do but complain.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Quote:
I think ya'll are excusing people who made poor choices.
Nope - I don't excuse illegals for breaking the law - but, obviously, you do

Old 12-28-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I find senior citizens who may have made bad decisions to be of infinitely superior character than those who are so morally bankrupt as to staff a business with illegal employees. Leaving the hapless US taxpayer to suffer the consequences while they rake in the dough.
I do have to respond to this, because I see the same thing said over and over again. I will type this real slow. EMPLOYERS DO NOT KNOW WHO IS ILLEGAL AND WHO IS LEGAL, ILLEGALS DO NOT WEAR SIGNS IDENTIFYING THEMSELVES, THEY SHOW UP WITH PROPER PAPERS!!!! Would you please, even if you learn nothing else on this site learn the above. It is hard to correlate intelligence with such demented ideas as some around here have.

Quote:
Nope - I don't excuse illegals for breaking the law - but, obviously, you do
Bull****, show me where I excused or showed support for illegal immigration.

Please ladies and gentlemen, use critical reasoning skills, pay attention to the postings, use good reading comprehension

Old 12-28-2007, 09:47 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How ironic you say that? Most illegal immigrants made a poor decision to come here to work hard and support their families too. I say they don't deserve to be deported and suffer for their bad decisions.
Huge difference there: our senior citizens who made their bad decisions are Americans. Illegals have as many rights as any other criminal-----which are few.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I do have to respond to this, because I see the same thing said over and over again. I will type this real slow. EMPLOYERS DO NOT KNOW WHO IS ILLEGAL AND WHO IS LEGAL, ILLEGALS DO NOT WEAR SIGNS IDENTIFYING THEMSELVES, THEY SHOW UP WITH PROPER PAPERS!!!!.
Employers have many different means to verify immigration status of potential employees -

Yes, the potential employee could have good fake identification - but, the issue is, did the employer even check?

Many employers don't even check -

And, that is where they, the employer broke/breaks the law

You seem to have difficulty comprehending this

Old 12-28-2007, 09:48 PM

Look, we live in the real world. Guy shows up, needs a job, you need a worker, his papers look good, you hire him, now multiply that by hundreds each year. Real world, real issues.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Bull****, show me where I excused or showed support for illegal immigration.
Reading your posts is all that is necessary to show you support illegal immigrants

Old 12-28-2007, 09:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Employers have many different means to verify immigration status of potential employees -

Yes, the potential employee could have good fake identification - but, the issue is, did the employer even check?

Many employers don't even check -

And, that is where they, the employer broke/breaks the law

You seem to have difficulty comprehending this
Consider the source.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Look, we live in the real world. Guy shows up, needs a job, you need a worker, his papers look good, you hire him, now multiply that by hundreds each year. Real world, real issues.
The law requires checking out those papers - are you aware of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration