U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:43 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Hey, it ain't easy being an illegal lover. I go out each morning on horse, making my rounds, I am expected to know each peasants name, they doff their hats,touch their forelocks and a humble "good day to you sire". Sometimes it takes me a couple of hours chatting with the peasants, like I care how their family is doing. It takes a lot out of me.

Although, to tell the truth it isn't any harder than my English forbearers had it when they ruled Ireland and kept the poor peasants working the soil in semi bondage. Of course then we English were the illegal aliens controling the natives. Droit de seigneur is a kick though.
Don't worry. The old plantation owners felt the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 07:52 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
Yeah, some of them were relatives also, I guess I come by it naturally, selective genetics for ruling.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:03 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Yeah, some of them were relatives also, I guess I come by it naturally, selective genetics for ruling.
Along with selective genes for exploiting.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Hey, it ain't easy being an illegal lover. I go out each morning on horse, making my rounds, I am expected to know each peasants name, they doff their hats,touch their forelocks and a humble "good day to you sire". Sometimes it takes me a couple of hours chatting with the peasants, like I care how their family is doing. It takes a lot out of me.

Although, to tell the truth it isn't any harder than my English forbearers had it when they ruled Ireland and kept the poor peasants working the soil in semi bondage. Of course then we English were the illegal aliens controling the natives. Droit de seigneur is a kick though.
And the irony is one of the skills that the 'oppressing' English gave to the Irish was the English language-------which paid off handsomely.

Ireland's per capita income today is higher than the USA.

Bottom line: massive cultural changes in Ireland from the Potato Famine (1848) to solid First World affluence today

Old 12-30-2007, 08:22 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
I think the reason for the success of the Irish today is due to the massive influx of genetics due to Droit de seigneur. The Irish have become the English.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:26 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Quote:
If the business is stupid enough to continue to hire illegal(s) after a first citation, then, they deserve to lose the right to operate their business
I was just thinking about this statement...

What is going to happen in Arizona when the Businesses themselves leave....A mass exodus of businesses is not a good thing. And it could happen. And yes, I know there will always be business in AZ...just know that less of them means less taxes, jobs, competition, etc...

Think about it!

California, Nevada, and New Mexico would love businesses to relocated to their states...In addition to not interfering with who the business hires these states may play beyond dirty and offer tax breaks for relocations.

Traitors? Maybe...The way business is done? Definitely...

Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post

What is going to happen in Arizona when the Businesses themselves leave....A mass exodus of businesses is not a good thing. And it could happen. And yes, I know there will always be business in AZ...just know that less of them means less taxes, jobs, competition, etc...

Think about it!

California, Nevada, and New Mexico would love businesses to relocated to their states...In addition to not interfering with who the business hires these states may play beyond dirty and offer tax breaks for relocations.

Traitors? Maybe...The way business is done? Definitely...
Not so sure about California; that state has the reputation of being very unfriendly to small businesses.

New Mexico is an unknown admittedly.

Nevada will probably enact a similar Employer Sanctions Law to ours.

The other option; Mexico may very well backfire due to the flagrantly crooked legal climate.

I am not that worried admittedly; I am in a skilled trade.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:58 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post

OR, Businesses will simply check the immigration status of those seeking employment - and not hire those here illegally -

Game, Set, Match

Old 12-30-2007, 09:30 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,899,006 times
Quote:
I do have to respond to this, because I see the same thing said over and over again. I will type this real slow. EMPLOYERS DO NOT KNOW WHO IS ILLEGAL AND WHO IS LEGAL, ILLEGALS DO NOT WEAR SIGNS IDENTIFYING THEMSELVES, THEY SHOW UP WITH PROPER PAPERS!!!! Would you please, even if you learn nothing else on this site learn the above. It is hard to correlate intelligence with such demented ideas as some around here have.

Bull****, show me where I excused or showed support for illegal immigration.

Please ladies and gentlemen, use critical reasoning skills, pay attention to the postings, use good reading comprehension
An employer must fill out an I-9 form for all employees. This form attests to the fact that the employer has received proper documentation for the employee to work legally in the US. Employers are being held to increasingly strict compliance standards, as well they should be. Of course illegal workers don't announce they are illegal when they apply for a job, but far too many employers have turned a blind eye to obviously forged or incomplete paperwork...something that they will have to change as penalties against them become more strict. Greatbasinguide, I certainly hope you agree that employers who knowingly hire illegals (and even those who are lazy about due dilligence) are traitors to the US...

Old 12-30-2007, 09:36 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,899,006 times
Quote:
Apparently you don't own a business, it isn't personal, nobody cares who sympathizes with anyone, if you have a business you have a workers. There isn't a farmer who employs illegals who gives a hoot about the plight of the illegal, there is work to be done.

It is silly to the think that capitalists hire people out of some sympathy.

And, if you can figure out how to replace the illegals, go for it, millions of dollars will pour into your pocket.
Ah-ha. Capitalists' goal is to have the cheapest source of capital...and if they have to bend the rules a little and hire an illegal worker, so what, right? You looked at their crayola-written social security card, right? The bottom line is that I am NOT going to subsidize YOUR business and YOUR bottom line by paying for medical care, welfare and schools for YOUR ILLEGAL workers. That's YOUR job as their employer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration