U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 07:24 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And if here in Arizona; come Jan 1st, your company would lose its business license for the second offense of knowingly hiring even one illegal immigrant.

Beware of disgruntled employees who may decide to rat you out
Why so happy about that? What if you had a job at a company and they hired ONE illegal immigrant and they lost their license? You think all the other AMERICANS who worked there will still have a job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 07:28 AM

16,248 posts, read 20,597,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I've done everyone of those jobs except roofing, and I'd do that if it paid a living wage.

That's nothing more than a b*llsh*t excuse spouted endlessly by illegal alien sympathizers.

Frankly, you people need to come up with a new mantra. Nobody believes that old one any more.
It is a fact that the Mexicans willingly do dirty jobs that no Americans want. Could they be filled by Americans? Yes but the Americans would cost more and do less work. For labour jobs like these, the Mexican is a better employee and he works for less than Americans which means Americans pay less for the products and services the Mexicans produce. Also the Mexican is far less likely to call in sick on Monday and Friday, far less likely to complain about it being too hot or too cold or about working a bit of overtime. If you give the Mexican a cooler with ice water, he will work hard all day in the heat.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:34 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is a fact that the Mexicans willingly do dirty jobs that no Americans want. Could they be filled by Americans? Yes but the Americans would cost more and do less work.
Do you ever stop and think about what you are saying before you write it?

Think: You are CLEARLY suggesting that ALL Mexicans (Hispanics) are in the country illegally - Do you realize that?

Fact is, there are MANY Hispanics who came to the United States legally. There are many here who were born here. AND, there are MANY of these LEGAL Hispanics who are CURRENTLY doing the very jobs that, according to you, they are best suited for.

Also, many of these LEGALS are more than ready, willing and able to step in and do the very same jobs that their ILLEGAL countrymen WERE doing -

Think!

Old 12-25-2007, 07:36 AM

16,248 posts, read 20,597,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Sorry to burst your fantasy bubble
I have worked on hot roof jobs in my youth, in August In oklahoma.
I have done construction work, in July , In Oklahoma,
I have turned wrenches, in my back yard, for a buck on the side, just to feed my kids.
And all of that was when Americans were doing those jobs that no American would want to do.
I also humped a pack and a 16, in the bonnies, in the monsoon for way way less wage than the illegals would work for today.
My Grandfather and my Uncle were Iron workers, and brother dont try to tell a iron worker its not tough, dangerous, hot work.
My FIL was a teamster when truck drivers were considered the knights of the open road and they didn't drive shoddy equipment.
Ive stacked tires, stocked grocery, loaded trucks, cut lawns, and tore down old homes before I finally made a large upgrade in employment.
Again, sorry to burst the bubble but an American WILL work at almost any job to make a buck.
I absolutely cannot believe that anyone would believe the drivel of the national government and the president that we wont work.

Just who the hell built this country. You??? Yeah right
Well if you are doing those jobs, that is a choice YOU made. Either you chose not to get an education beyond high school or you chose to work with your hands. Most Americans do not do that. I worked at a car wash during 2 years of high school. I liked the job but it was unpleasant at times- especially when some rich old hag's poodle took a crap in the car and she brought it in for me to have to clean up in the middle of July in Wichita Kansas. But I did it. But once you become an adult such jobs do not appeal to you anymore and, with the USA being more prosperous and more weathy now than when I was in school, fewer and fewer high school students have to work to enjoy cars and cell phones. That only leaves the Mexicans to do with work.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Well if you are doing those jobs, that is a choice YOU made. Either you chose not to get an education beyond high school or you chose to work with your hands. Most Americans do not do that.
NOW, you are CLEARLY implying that no one of Hispanic origin is an AMERICAN!

Where do you get this stuff?

Old 12-25-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why so happy about that? What if you had a job at a company and they hired ONE illegal immigrant and they lost their license?
If the company KNOWINGLY hires an illegal (or illegals) - on the first citation, it is a fine. The second time around, the permanent loss of business license.

If the business is stupid enough to continue to hire illegal(s) after a first citation, then, they deserve to lose the right to operate their business

Old 12-25-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Do you ever stop and think about what you are saying before you write it?

Think: You are CLEARLY suggesting that ALL Mexicans (Hispanics) are in the country illegally - Do you realize that?

Fact is, there are MANY Hispanics who came to the United States legally. There are many here who were born here. AND, there are MANY of these LEGAL Hispanics who are CURRENTLY doing the very jobs that, according to you, they are best suited for.

Also, many of these LEGALS are more than ready, willing and able to step in and do the very same jobs that their ILLEGAL countrymen WERE doing -

Think!
Please give me a fricking break. People on your side of the debate make this assumption ALL the time but i don't see you complaining or correcting them about it.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
If the company KNOWINGLY hires an illegal (or illegals) - on the first citation, it is a fine. The second time around, the permanent loss of business license.

If the business is stupid enough to continue to hire illegal(s) after a first citation, then, they deserve to lose the right to operate their business
Innocent american citizens will suffer too if they lose the right to operate their business. You don't seem to care and think about those americans who would be out of a job do you?

Old 12-25-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Please give me a fricking break. People on your side of the debate make this assumption ALL the time but i don't see you complaining or correcting them about it.
You are mistaken - "my side" make clear the distinctions between legal and illegal all the time

So no, I won't give you a "fricking break"

Old 12-25-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Innocent american citizens will suffer too if the lose the right to operate their business. You don't seem to care and think about those americans who would be out of a job do you?
Let me ask you something - and think logically before answering: How many incidents of a business losing their license to do business do you think it will take before other such businesses sit up and take notice?

I suggest to you that all it will take is one or two -

As we say in the law - "You do not EVER want to be a test case"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration